Somaliland Airports: News & Development.

ZodiaK

VIP
1645601952690.jpeg

ZodiaK

VIP

Systems Interface Install ATC Comms and Met at Berbera International Airport, Somaliland.​

Systems Interface Ltd (SIL), based in the United Kingdom, has successfully completed the ‘Turnkey’ contract awarded to them by Berbera International Airport Company (BIAC) for the Design, Supply, Installation and Commissioning of a new VHF Communications system and Solar Powered Automatic Weather Observation System (AWOS) to enhance the safety and efficiency of air traffic operations at Berbera International Airport, Somaliland.

SIL Press Release Berbera International Airport, Somaliland

SIL engineers installed the following systems:

• A State-of-the-art radio communication system using Jotron radios with back-up power
  • Two solar powered weather stations comprising; ultrasonic wind sensors, pressure and humidity sensors and two 10m frangible masts
  • Data Radio Links from weather station to a DTN MetConsole® AWOS Data Processing server in ATC Tower

The complete Turnkey operation was Project Managed by SIL with assistance from BIAC in country.

@ZodiaK @Sa7rawy with Ethiopian Airlines the only airline scheduled to fly to the new Berbera airport and Ethiopian first arriving in June 2nd 2022, I checked Google Flights and what I saw is if you leave London Heathrow on June 1st evening to go to Somaliland using Ethiopian Airlines:
Arriving at Hargeisa June 2nd costs around £542
Arriving at Berbera June 2nd costs around £582
Arriving at Jigjiga June 2nd costs £479

These prices can change. If someone wanted to go to Somaliland via Jigjiga how much does it cost to travel by car plus what charges do you have to pay at the land border

@ZodiaK @Sa7rawy with Ethiopian Airlines the only airline scheduled to fly to the new Berbera airport and Ethiopian first arriving in June 2nd 2022, I checked Google Flights and what I saw is if you leave London Heathrow on June 1st evening to go to Somaliland using Ethiopian Airlines:
Arriving at Hargeisa June 2nd costs around £542
Arriving at Berbera June 2nd costs around £582
Arriving at Jigjiga June 2nd costs £479

These prices can change. If someone wanted to go to Somaliland via Jigjiga how much does it cost to travel by car plus what charges do you have to pay at the land border

My mother has traveled from Haregies to Jigjiga by bus often. Don't know the exact cost, but it shouldn't cost more than 20 dollars. However, trying to save on the plane ticket is not worth it. The drive is at least 4hrs long and dangerous since these drivers speed like hell. The scenery is also not that great.

Trending