Somalia readies offshore oil rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
That is good I'm getting sick of seeing that minuscule GDP of Somalia so sickening

That is good I'm getting sick of seeing that minuscule GDP of Somalia so sickening

Somalia has a budget of $370 million for the fiscal year of 2019. $370 million is laughable, you cannot do anything with $370 million.

A lot of people here complain that the government is not doing enough; not defeating Al Shabaab quickly, not investing a lot in infrastructure, subpar health care.

But all of that needs MONEY and lots of it. I think for Farmaajo and Kheyre to pay all the civil servants, soldiers and police officers wages and not miss 1 month since coming into office is a great achievement in itself.

Do clans have jurisdiction at sea? Does Somaliland have offshore oil?

No clan or state has juridiction on any national resources; land or sea. No foreign government or company can make any deals pertaining to Somali resources without the Somali government and Somali parliament in Mogadishu.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
No clan or state has juridiction on any national resources; land or sea. No foreign government or company can make any deals pertaining to Somali resources without the Somali government and Somali parliament in Mogadishu.

this is somalia were talking about, not a civilised first world country.

this is somalia were talking about, not a civilised first world country.

Its not about Somalia but more about the foreign government/company. No company wants to invest billions into Somalia by making deals with states, for then Somali government to make those agreements null and void. The Somali government has every right to do so too, under Somali law and international law.

It is a stupid risk for the companies to deal with clans/states only.

Its like Shell deciding to start fracking in Birmingham, but they only signed a deal with Birmingham council and did not go through the British government, the British government would sue Shell.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
Its not about Somalia but more about the foreign government/company. No company wants to invest billions into Somalia by making deals with states, for then Somali government to make those agreements null and void. The Somali government has every right to do so too, under Somali law and international law.

It is a stupid risk for the companies to deal with clans/states only.

Its like Shell deciding to start fracking in Birmingham, but they only signed a deal with Birmingham council and did not go through the British government, the British government would sue Shell.

most the expensive business deals rn are between states

most the expensive business deals rn are between states

There is no reputable oil/energy company right now that is dealing with any states in Somalia.

Like I said it would stupid for the big energy companies to go through states. They don't need to anyways. The central government has said they are honouring the agreements between the Siad Barre government and the oil companies that was signed in the 80s before the civil war.

So for the companies; why would they go through an illegal way of getting oil, when the central government is telling them, you can get the oil legally from us.

Farm

VIP
I will thank you I’ll stick to my Lugh-Mandera basin with actual oil shows you *********

Doubtful, if that were the case this article wouldn’t exist and why are you claiming OG land?

Stick to your landlocked gobol.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
Doubtful, if that were the case this article wouldn’t exist and why are you claiming OG land?

Stick to your landlocked gobol.
Research Lugh-Mandera Basin you moron the heart of it is in Gedo with proven oil seeps in a place called Shabeel Duulaa between Luuq and Beled Xaawo don’t hate on us with your evil eye we don’t need when we get oil we’ll share with OG not you keep fishing in the high seas well buy you new boats but that’s it:lolbron:

8FE01A49-AFA0-4EB7-9810-8E2AEE1435A7.jpeg

Farm

VIP
Research Lugh-Mandera Basin you moron the heart of it is in Gedo with proven oil seeps in a place called Shabeel Duulaa between Luuq and Beled Xaawo don’t hate on us with your evil eye we don’t need when we get oil we’ll share with OG not you keep fishing in the high seas well buy you new boats but that’s it:lolbron:

View attachment 58884

That’s good you are willing to share with your masters, but it’s not much of a choice.

Shaolin23

That’s good you are willing to share with your masters, but it’s not much of a choice.
Masters don’t rule their subjects from 500 km away if OG were masters Ras Kamboni militia would be in Gedo right now stop sniffling glue kiddo:chrisfreshhah:

Shaolin23

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO IS THINKING!
I think any sound of mind person would understand the pitfalls of drilling for oil in a failed state it’s not even possible anyway due to security concerns

Last edited:
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO IS THINKING!
I was thinking the same when I read your comment.

Oil is either a blessing or a curse, in africas case its a curse we will be worse than Angola and Nigeria. I wanted Puntland to drill for oil too but I disagree now, we must make use of the easier to manage resources like fishery, agriculture and use our solar/wind energy potential. Oil and gas in a decade or two if we manage to get our of our failed state status.

Status
Not open for further replies.