Somalia currency on the way

The bank will also seeks to establish new branches in all FMS by the end of this year. This I found to be the most ambitious. But it’s a step towards nationilization, expect several boycotts of the currency in some “lands”. Thank you hamze barre.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
The bank will also seeks to establish new branches in all FMS by the end of this year. This I found to be the most ambitious. But it’s a step towards nationilization, expect several boycotts of the currency in some “lands”. Thank you hamze barre.
You need to post proper sources

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Puntland will not accept it to be used in our lands.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
I would like to see Somalia revive the national currency. It's a step towards financial security and a nation should strive for that. I doubt it's happening any time soon since there's a lot going on right now.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
I wonder what portrait designs they are choosing to put on the currency I hope they put one of a native animal, aden adde, zeila mosque (one of the first mosques in the horn of africa) and that other mosque in xamar, one of the mountain ranges would be nice and maybe another with Boswell's trees or date palm trees.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
This has been planned for years but never will be implemented. Just another mashruuc for a corrupt HAG politician to exploit.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Currency falls under the FGS, the only way PL not using said currency is if they “declared independence”. Not sure why you’d be against that sxb.
Because what xamar doing is not part of federal system agreement, because we using rating different you guys doing.

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
Puntland will not accept it to be used in our lands.

That’s not how it works. The FGS could decide to pay all Federal funds earmarked for Puntland strictly in the new So. currency. It could ban all banks from trading in US currency like Iraq is doing today with 8 banks. It could also force foreign companies to convert their own currencies into Somali currency when engaging in digital and paper transactions local companies.

The old Somali shilling is still used across the country alongside the dollar, which is not sustainable. It will be monetarily healthier in the long term to have a local currency, one that is controlled by Somalis, and one which we can use to trade and economically integrate the neighbouring Somali communities outside the borders.

Trending

Latest posts