Somalia’s New President Had a Tangible Role In Somaliland’s Genocide says Muse Bihi Abdi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wallahi I find it distrubing that @TheMadMullah and @Steamdevolopment can talk about nationalism when they deny that Isaaqs were singled out for genocide by the regime. Is it possible that u guys r just ignorant and really do believe that the civilians died in the crossfire between the rebels and government? I hope that's the case or else u guys shouldn't even call urselfs Somalis, cuz a true Somali could never deny the pain and suffering of his fellow brothers and sisters.

I myself narrowly escaped with my life as my mother and I walked to the Ethiopian border along with countless other fleeing Isaaqs while being hunted down and bombed from the air by fighter jets. I assure you there was not a single SNM rebel amongst us. I have had my aunt and her friend captured and taken to be killed by a firing squad. Luckily my aunt had some money on her so she gave the soldiers the money and begged for her and her friends life. They reluctantly let her go, but while she was there a truck load of women and young men were brought and all of them were killed in front of her and her friend. After witnessing that my aunts friend, who passed away recently, was never the same again and suffered from mental health issues. Was my aunt, her friend and those truck loads of women also SNM rebels? Wallahi there were Isaaq families of 10, none of whom were SNM, who had only 2 or 3 people remaining.

It upsets me that I even have to explain this to you guys. Honestly did u guys not know this happened in the north?
Its stories like this that reinforce my hatred of qabiil. AUN to your family members sxb.

"FAKE NEWS"

lool, wallahi I couldn't help but laugh. I laugh because u represent why Somalia is fucked. It's because we Somalis have a disproportionate amount of sociopaths amongst who feel nothing, no guilt, no remorse, no fear, no empathy, absolutley nothing. U and many other Somalis r bodies without souls, and are cpaable of the most heinous deeds. Ur the type who would begin looting, raping and killing if law and order were to break down. Wallahi If I was a dictator of Somalia I would kill u and people like u without any remorse.

Wallahi I find it distrubing that @TheMadMullah and @Steamdevolopment can talk about nationalism when they deny that Isaaqs were singled out for genocide by the regime. Is it possible that u guys r just ignorant and really do people that the civilians died in the corssfire between the rebels and government? I hope som or else u guys shouldn't even call urselfs Somalis, cuz a true Somali could never deny the pain and suffering of his fellow brothers and sisters.

I myself narrowly escaped with my life as my mother and I walked to the Ethiopian border along with countless other feeling Isaaqs while being hunted down and bombed from the air by fighter jets. I assure you there was not a single SNM rebel amongst us. I have had my aunt and her friend captured and taken to be killed by a firing squad. Luckily my aunt had some money on her so she gave the soldiers the money and begged for her and her friends life. They reluctantly let her go, but while she was there a truck load of women and young men were brought and all of them were killed in front of her and her friend. After witnessing that my aunts friend, who passed away recently, was never the same again and suffered from mental health issues. Was my aunt, her friend and those truck loads of women also SNM rebels? Wallahi there were Isaaq families of 10, none of whom were SNM, who had only 2 or 3 people remaining.

It upset me that I even have to explain this to you guys. Honestly did u guys not know this happened in the north?

I never denied the genocide and atrocities that happened to Isaaq and recognize it as such, don't accuse of me of something that I didn't do. My argument is merely that atrocities happened across the board, and that the so-called rebels help escalate the break down in law and committed the same atrocities they supposedly fought against.

I can not claim knowledge on the suffering on the North but many from my family including my half-brother was summarily executed by the rebels in Xamar. My family fled both from the capital and their ancestral homes for being "Daarod" traitors even though most were pastrolist and never worked for the government. They only survived trough the generosity of strangers to the Ethiopian border crossing.

I can for obvious reason not manifest your suffering as I have not experienced but the suffering was two-fold. I never denied mistreatment but it frustrates many of us that rebels are hailed as heroes, when they caused immense suffering that we are witnessing the effect of to this day.

I never denied that genocide and atrocities happened to Isaac and recognize it as such. My argument is merely that atrocities happened across the board, and that the so-called rebels help escalate the break down in law and committed the same atrocities they supposedly fought against.

I can not claim knowledge on the suffering on the North but many from my family including my half-brother was summarily executed by the rebels in Xamar. My family fled both from the capital and their ancestral homes for being "Daarod" traitors even though most were pastrolist and never worked for the government. They only survived trough the generosity of stranger to the Ethiopian border crossing.

I can for obvious reason not manifest your suffering as I have not experienced but the suffering was two-fold.

U liked @TheMadMullah post denying the genocide of Isaaqs, don't backpedal now, it's there for everyone to see.

lool, wallahi I couldn't help but laugh. I laugh because u represent why Somalia is fucked. It's because we Somalis have a disproportionate amount of sociopaths amongst who feel nothing, no guilt, no remorse, no fear, no empathy, absolutley nothing. U and many other Somalis r bodies without souls, and are cpaable of the most heinous deeds. Ur the type who would begin looting, raping and killing if law and order were to break down. Wallahi If I was a dictator of Somalia I would kill u and people like u without any remorse.
f*ck ur feelings everyone in Somalia equally suffered, stop crying crying and put the past to rest sxb,

Everyone suffered, every qabiil took a part in this atrocious civil war, for a specific qabiil to single themselves out and say they were the only innocent ones wronged is bullshit

This is where ur confusing me with some other lost Isaaqs. I don't have an cuqdad for other Somalis, nor did I claim we're the only ones who suffered. I was replying to @TheMadMullah who denied a genocide even took place in the North to begin with.

handicapped walaweyn,

farmaajo is as faqash as it gets, to call him faqash for profiting from siyad barre's nepotism which got him a diplomatic job at the age of 19 isn't me putting myself on a peddastle

Stop living in the 80s. In this generation, no one gives a f*ck about what happened over 40 years ago.

:mjlol:
@jugjugwacwac trying to reason with Qabilist maniacs who hide behind Somalinimo! :damedamn:

Naw sxb, I know XamarCade is not worth reasoning with, and possibly TheMadMullah as well. The only reason I continue to use reason in this thread and other threads is for the youth who come on the forum looking for knowledge and information. I do it for the kids lol.

U liked @TheMadMullah post denying the genocide of Isaaqs, don't backpedal now, it's there for everyone to see.

Doesn't mean that I agree with the full content but there was an important distinction that could explain the conlusion of Farmaajo.

The fight in Hargeisa was between a government fighting an insurgence and using extreme methods to do so. I think even the American would have done the same if it faced an insurgence funded by Russian money, regardless of its brutality.

The rebels had no claim to conduct the violence against the average citizens in the capital and elsewhere, when most weren't a part of the government. It was ethnically based as it only targeted Daarod and not any other group who had also been a part of the government.

That is the distinction. The bombings weren't foucsed on ethnic group as hit anyone in Hargeisa, even Daarod but a rebel insurgence that threatened the state while the rebels killed defenseless citizen from an ethnic clan.

In that context the rational could be understood, even if I don't agreee with it.

Nice cop-out btw. Dismissing my whole reply, smh.

Wallahi I find it distrubing that @TheMadMullah and @Steamdevolopment can talk about nationalism when they deny that Isaaqs were singled out for genocide by the regime. Is it possible that u guys r just ignorant and really do believe that the civilians died in the crossfire between the rebels and government? I hope that's the case or else u guys shouldn't even call urselfs Somalis, cuz a true Somali could never deny the pain and suffering of his fellow brothers and sisters.

I myself narrowly escaped with my life as my mother and I walked to the Ethiopian border along with countless other fleeing Isaaqs while being hunted down and bombed from the air by fighter jets. I assure you there was not a single SNM rebel amongst us. I have had my aunt and her friend captured and taken to be killed by a firing squad. Luckily my aunt had some money on her so she gave the soldiers the money and begged for her and her friends life. They reluctantly let her go, but while she was there a truck load of women and young men were brought and all of them were killed in front of her and her friend. After witnessing that my aunts friend, who passed away recently, was never the same again and suffered from mental health issues. Was my aunt, her friend and those truck loads of women also SNM rebels? Wallahi there were Isaaq families of 10, none of whom were SNM, who had only 2 or 3 people remaining.

It upsets me that I even have to explain this to you guys. Honestly did u guys not know this happened in the north?

They got it up on Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaaq_genocide I gotta say the talk page was quite an eye opener.

Doesn't mean that I agree with the full content but there was an important distinction that could explain the conlusion of Farmaajo.

The fight in Hargeisa was between a government fighting an insurgence and using extreme methods to do so. I think even the American would have done the same if it faced an insurgence funded by Russian money, regardless of its brutality.

The rebels had no claim to conduct the violence against the average citizens in the capital and elsewhere, when most weren't a part of the government. It was ethnically based as it only targeted Daarod and not any other group who had also been a part of the government.

That is the distinction. The bombings weren't foucsed on ethnic group but a rebel insurgence that threatened the state while the rebels killed defenseless citizen from an ethnic clan. In that context the rational could be understood, even if I don't agreee with it.

Nice cop-out btw. Dismissing my whole reply, smh.

What???????? So ur still sticking with the narrative that Isaaq civilians weren't deliberately targeted looooool.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending

You can't throw stones when you're in a glass house. The SNM targeted Dhulbahante, Warsangeli, Gadabursi innocent civilians calling them Faqash. The victim mentality when you done the same thing is hypocrital. Ceerigabo was a shared town with Harti majority before the civil war, and the SNM attacked innocent civilians to change the demographics. That's why the Warsangelis relocated to Badhan, and Dhuloz left to Jidali only recently coming back. But you guys dub them as heroes whilst calling yourself victims.

Thoughout the civil war, nomads were not really touched but the SNM were targetting nomads. Even today, in Kalshaale a petty nomad dispute led to a full scale conflict between Buuhoodle & Somaliland where we karbaashed you. LMAO!

Last edited:
What???????? So ur still sticking with the narrative that Isaaq civilians weren't deliberately targeted looooool.

No, but that distinction is that were strategic first and foremost from a government under siege, and the loss of civilians were considered collateral damage by the government. It would tolerate a high loss of Isaaq civilians to achieve the aim of reducing a rebel movement that threatened the survival of the somali state funded by its arch enemy combined with paranoid leader. It had a rational to defeat the rebels hiding in the population in Hargeisa. A government doesn't bomb just for the reason of bombing but with a specific aim.

Are you really saying the government bombed Hargeisa just hurt Isaaq people, for no other rational? :bell:

The rebels attacked civilians in the capital who did not pose a threat to them and did it solely on ethnic bases, and therefore a genocide.

You can't throw stones when you're in a glass house. The SNM targeted Dhulbahante, Warsangeli, Gadabursi innocent civilians calling them Faqash. The victim mentality when you done the same thing is hypocrital. Ceerigabo was a shared town with Harti majority before the civil war, and the SNM attacked innocent civilians to change the demographics.

I don't have a victim mentality. I'm a Garxajis man and no clan in Somalia is a threat to me, so how can I be a victim? I have no cuqdad for any Somali for what happened in 1988, ur mistaking me for some other Isaaqs born after 1991 who were raised on state propaganda to make sure they remain seccessionists. All I said was Farmajo claimed what happened in Xamar to darods was a genocide, but he claimed Isaaqs died in crossfire. I was telling people in case they weren't aware that Isaaq civilians didn't merely die in the crossfire but were deliberately targeted. My point had nothing to do with what the SNM did after the government fell, we can talk about that separately.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
The late government unfortunately responded to internal rebellion by resorting to collective punishment time and time again. It was wrong and anyone that cant acknowledge that is deluded.

The late government unfortunately responded to internal rebellion by resorting to collective punishment time and time again. It was wrong and anyone that cant acknowledge that is deluded.

These people don't understand the difference between collateral damage and collective punishment. It's not a difficult distinction to grasp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts