somali women dress/hijab 1980s

After Saudi Arabia started exporting their version of Islam people start wearing hijab , it’s extreme in Somalia but it’s the same story in many Muslim countries eg Egypt Malaysia etc
It's needed in Malaysia so they don't become like Singapore, it's the only majority ethically Malay nation in the world. If they became more complacent they'd become more Chinese & Indian (leading to secular law & not being a Muslim majority nation with Islam as the state religion).

The Camels of Cal madow

Porcupine and proud
hey guys im really confused and need help on this topic. I want to know why wearing hijab today in somalia and among somalis is such a big deal whereas back in the day 1980s and prior hijab wasn’t really worn like that im really curious as most of the older vintage pictures are of somali women not wearing hijab and somali men with long hair. i haven't been on here in a while and thought id come here since there are a people on here more educated on this topic.
In burco we were hijab during the kacaan era but I don't know about Mogadishu

I was born in the diaspora and last year I didn't have much knowledge about Somalia I just assumed it has always been the way it is now. So yea I was looking through old passports and I saw my mothers beaten up green passport, and turned out she did not wear a hijab at that time. I asked my friends about it and they all said that their mother never had a hijab before escaping Somalia (during the civil war) which I found really interesting tbh

Muzaffer

𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝕲𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖑
Somali people need to revive their culture and identity as long as it doesn't obstacle to religion.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Tbh the only real thing that changed from then and now was women wearing hijabs and being more modest. To this day there are still somalis both in the west and Somalia that are straight up agnostic and drink khamri openly. They use the deen to suppress women when a lot of the time they themselves don’t even care about the deen. My cousins in Somalia are sons of the most well known sheik in yaqshid yet not a single one is married and not a single one is a virgin

Tbh the only real thing that changed from then and now was women wearing hijabs and being more modest. To this day there are still somalis both in the west and Somalia that are straight up agnostic and drink khamri openly. They use the deen to suppress women when a lot of the time they themselves don’t even care about the deen. My cousins in Somalia are sons of the most well known sheik in yaqshid yet not a single one is married and not a single one is a virgin
Bro did you just violate your own cousins. :dead:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
hey guys im really confused and need help on this topic. I want to know why wearing hijab today in somalia and among somalis is such a big deal whereas back in the day 1980s and prior hijab wasn’t really worn like that im really curious as most of the older vintage pictures are of somali women not wearing hijab and somali men with long hair. i haven't been on here in a while and thought id come here since there are a people on here more educated on this topic.
Because you could not tell the position of hijab in the past just with few pic, especially pic that were taken in Xamar. Some areas didn't care about hijab like some Bedouins or xamar, but others were wearing masar or any other outfit.

Dont forget the khat lol

Trending