Somali twitter in chaos, muslims vs non muslims on cultural identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeesto

VIP
Any part of the hido iyo dhaqan that clash with diinta ilaahay must go no if or buts

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
giphy.gif
You know where Saudi Arabia is located:camby:

Islam is here to stay.
Daqan this daqan that bla bla bla
If it weren't for Islam our lands would have been conquerd.
Thanks to the Ottoman caliphate .

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
You don't have to get rid of your cultural clothings, you just have to make it more Islamic friendly. So if your guntiino doesn't cover your arms, get a design that does cover your arms. If it's too tight and shows your figure, get a looser one. So how exactly does Islam make you abandon your cultural identity? Or does your cultural identity mean showing skin?

Last edited:
It baffles me because there is no goddamn middle ground on this website.
Either people say that the Arab dress is Somali culture and there is no issue, or that Islam is a cancer is the root cause of all this.
It's neither :umwhat:
If Islam is the root cause of all this, then why is this such a recent phenomenon? We've been muslims for over a thousand years.
Islam (more specifically Arab clothings such as the abaya) were only recently made into a thing due to Wahhabism taking a hold over Somalia after the Civil War.

For a group that stereotypically prides itself on "rationality" the atheists on this website are very emotional and can't seem to separate their ridiculously heated hatred for Islam from what's actually going on.
What is actually going on then?
:ayaanswag:

Ungrateful Somali men of sspot...

I've defended you're skinny asses from the female sspot users, who continually call you ashy abdis and no good skinny runts.:farole:

This is what I get in return?

Maybe they have a point....:kanyehmm: ungrateful So and so's

I've been using the internet ever since the mid 1990's, I can say without a doubt, the internet has tarnished the somali image more than the actual civil war.

When I first came across somnet in 1998 and 19 years later in the current present time, I've seen some crazy shit people.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
You don't have to get rid of your cultural clothings, you just have to make it more Islamic friendly. So if your guntiino doesn't cover your arms, get a design that does cover your arms. If it's too tight and shows your figure, get a looser one. So how exactly does Islam make you abandon your cultural identity? Or does your cultural identity mean showing skin?

:damn: Then why call it Guntino when it's a long sleeved custom made jilbaab

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
Islaam comes first. To the gaals who are trying to divide us, you can plan as much as you want but Allah is the greatest of planners.

Very stupid, Islam comes before culture. Islam does not belong to Arabs.
Well said my Irir sister:salute:
Ungrateful Somali men of sspot...

I've defended you're skinny asses from the female sspot users, who continually call you ashy abdis and no good skinny runts.:farole:

This is what I get in return?

Maybe they have a point....:kanyehmm: ungrateful So and so's
Only Habar jeclo men are real men walaal :siilaanyosmile:

I don't take those Islam destroyed our culture ppl seriously.... No one is stopping them from leaving the house in a dirac and garbasaar if that's what they like but they'd rather wear tight jeans and crop tops if given the option :siilaanyolaugh:

also most of these girls don't know the first thing about somali dhaqan, they act like hood rats and worship beyonce but yaaas somali culture :2tjlv3e: :rolleyes:

Jeesto

VIP
:ileycry:
Bro everyone seems to be ignoring you but i agree
They do not like to hear the truth garacdan. Arabs are mentally colonizing these daanyeero. The majority would rather wear Khamiis than wear macawiis. That's how much they fkn dislike their own culture

Last edited:

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
They do not like to hear the truth garacdan. Arabs are mentally colonizing these daanyeero. The majority would rather wear Khamiis over macawiis. That's how much they fkn dislike their own culture
Orad cadaanka o niiki

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
It is more modest to wear it like this, than for a women to have her breasts and arms out.
8ea347fe0f87c9ad5dd7658acc35b62f.jpg

I would want to flaunt my woman's beauty so this right here just don't work. You're altering Somali culture as we speak, how are you different from those revisionist historians? Bring back the original Guntino :birdman:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I would want to flaunt my woman's beauty so this right here just don't work. You're altering Somali culture as we speak, how are you different from those revisionist historians? Bring back the original Guntino :birdman:
Then you're a cuckold if you want other men to be salivating over your wife. There is no other explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.