Somali slaves: Which Arab nation 'sold' somalia, to Italy, in the 19th century?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
12139-da3ddd456f2412262ce8ddf9595ff403.jpg
Is your hijab squeezing your frontal lobe that hard
:what1:

Are you a moron? DNA speaks volumes - these people are not genetically Somali. Way to cherrypick your arguments. There is no tangible relation you've shown other than a name (which carries no weight, these people don't even have "Habashi" DNA).
Also
Somalia has never really been homogeneous. The reason why a bunch of other Somalis (and Ethiopians) who post their DNA results on Youtube have “Middle Eastern” and “European” blood is because the Horn of Africa shares a close proximity to the Middle East, which is a geopolitical term. It’s been recorded by several scholars about the mass migrations of other ethnic groups settling in Somalia, hence why there’s a huge variety of what a Somali can look like. There is no such thing as “Middle Easter” blood because Arab is not a race, it a cultural identity and you can be any race and be Arab, much like how you can be any race and be Latino.

And even still, these results are ambiguous because it says you’re 63% Sub-Saharan and Sub-suharan just means anything below the sub-Saharan desert which includes countries like Nigeria, Mali, Niger, Ghana, Kenya, Chad, Senegal, etc.

Also another thing one should understand about DNA, is that is not necessarily accurate when talking about race because race does not exist on a DNA level. Whenever I personally talk about race, I’m more so talking about race on a social/societal level which is why I made a video explaining why Somalis are Black (). Someone else said in this forum said that DNA is a hoax and they (DNA companies) don’t have Somali samples, but here’s the thing about Somalis, it’s not homogenous. Somalis will always have different DNA from each other because of all the admixtures from outside influence. If you want some books about it I have some references that talk about the admixtures and people who settled in Somalia including Arabs, Persians, Indians, and eventually Europeans during colonization. The thing about DNA is that its not 100% reliable because depending on how far back you go in a DNA strand, you will get different locations of where your ancestors are from (genetic markers).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3BOMsRVucA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wymzn2_K_Qk

The DNA contradicts what you're saying.

A Y-chromosome study by Shah et al. (2011) tested Siddi individuals in India for paternal lineages. The authors observed the E1b1a haplogroup, which is frequent among Bantu peoples, in about 42% and 34% of Siddis from Karnataka and Gujarat, respectively. Around 14% of Siddis from Karnataka and 35% of Siddis from Gujarat also belonged to the Sub-Saharan B haplogroup. The remaining 30% of Siddi had Indian or Near Eastern-associated clades, including haplogroups H, L, J and P.[1]

Thangaraj (2009) observed similar, mainly Bantu-linked paternal affinities amongst the Siddi.[40]

Not once is E1b1b, or the M haplogroup mentioned, which are markers of Somali ancestry. These people are not Somali. Their maternal haplogroups are also Southeast African.

View attachment 12131
Some Siddi consider themselves Somali, but their appearance is completely different to that of Somalis and their DNA is Bantu. How people identify ethnically doesn't always reflect reality. Just like how some Somali qabils claim to have Arab forefathers when we don't have any (recent) Middle Eastern admixture. Somalis were not shipped to India as slaves. It is fact that these people have no Somali ancestry.

image.jpeg

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Also
Somalia has never really been homogeneous. The reason why a bunch of other Somalis (and Ethiopians) who post their DNA results on Youtube have “Middle Eastern” and “European” blood is because the Horn of Africa shares a close proximity to the Middle East, which is a geopolitical term. It’s been recorded by several scholars about the mass migrations of other ethnic groups settling in Somalia, hence why there’s a huge variety of what a Somali can look like. There is no such thing as “Middle Easter” blood because Arab is not a race, it a cultural identity and you can be any race and be Arab, much like how you can be any race and be Latino.

And even still, these results are ambiguous because it says you’re 63% Sub-Saharan and Sub-suharan just means anything below the sub-Saharan desert which includes countries like Nigeria, Mali, Niger, Ghana, Kenya, Chad, Senegal, etc.

Also another thing one should understand about DNA, is that is not necessarily accurate when talking about race because race does not exist on a DNA level. Whenever I personally talk about race, I’m more so talking about race on a social/societal level which is why I made a video explaining why Somalis are Black (). Someone else said in this forum said that DNA is a hoax and they (DNA companies) don’t have Somali samples, but here’s the thing about Somalis, it’s not homogenous. Somalis will always have different DNA from each other because of all the admixtures from outside influence. If you want some books about it I have some references that talk about the admixtures and people who settled in Somalia including Arabs, Persians, Indians, and eventually Europeans during colonization. The thing about DNA is that its not 100% reliable because depending on how far back you go in a DNA strand, you will get different locations of where your ancestors are from (genetic markers).

You are endlessly frustrating and infinitely stubborn. @Lmao please tell this woman about how everything she's saying here about Somali DNA is false. She's been parroting the same argument that was refuted earlier in the thread about Somali genetics and I don't have the energy to tell her why she's wrong :snoop:
This is exhausting :mjcry:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I love how you skip the part where it says a component of the siddis are recent economic migrants that assimilated with the proper Zanj siddis.

It's like someone claiming 50 years from now that since some Somalis assimilated with AAs their ancestors must've been slaves too

:dead:

The guys father literally moved from Burco like 40 years ago

Screenshot_2017-01-22-23-24-28.png

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
I love how you skip the part where it says a component of the siddis are recent economic migrants that assimilated with the proper Zanj siddis.

It's like someone claiming 50 years from now that since some Somalis assimilated with AAs their ancestors must've been slaves too

The guys father literally moved from Burco like 40 years ago

View attachment 12147
:deadrose::deadrose:
There goes her argument :pachah1:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Look at who was unfortunately dealing in slavery and the route they took from Barawe to eventually India, from the same book she's been quoting.

Screenshot_2017-01-22-23-30-44.png

Screenshot_2017-01-22-23-31-03.png

We were supposedly selling our own people

Also

do you think these few videos prove most somalis are not homogeneous?,
here is results from 42 different somalis, and they seem pretty uniform in their results
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...15CSx-DvtkcxW4KSWbwJL5B1gI/edit#gid=970863214

you keep mentioning the coastal settlers (banadiri) these people didn't have a large impact on our genetics, do you think the whole or even most of somali population were living with these people :what:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I just don't get what would motivate anyone to go this far

:faysalwtf:

We get it, you like blacks and identify with them. Leave the rest of us the hell out of it.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
do you think these few videos prove most somalis are not homogeneous?,
here is results from 42 different somalis, and they seem pretty uniform in their results

you keep mentioning the coastal settlers (banadiri) these people didn't have a large impact on our genetics, do you think the whole or even most of somali population were living with these people :what:
Also she states multiple times that Somalis are without a doubt black people. Doesn't she realise that ideas of race are just a social construct and that most "black" people aren't even very closely related genetically or culturally. @Caraweelo X you're talking in terms of something completely based on personal perception and ideas. It's meaningless. I don't care who calls themselves black, but it doesn't make sense for you to try to change how people perceive themselves. That isn't right. Ahmed can call himself Black and Warsame can call himself Somali and nothing else, being enslaved doesn't give you "Black points". It's all a matter of perception, and you're perceiving race and ethnicity the Western way. Do what you want, but I just think you're grabbing at nothing but air here. Black isn't a very strictly defined term and there's a lot of debate between people on who's black and who isn't. I don't care what you think, honestly, but you shouldn't force your perceptions on others. Self-identity is a very personal thing.

Last edited:
Also

Wallahi bilahi you're fucking thick, and not in a good way.

Somalis are homogeneous.
Also

Wallahi this chick is just like @Angela Davis with her bs

Copy paste from another thread
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Short story ; Some DNA sites don't have Somali markers, so when they get Somali DNA they don't know what it is and therefore incorrectly asses it to be half Bantu half Arab. 23andme.com would before even post half European or some shit, but then that site ran a project to get more Somali DNA and create a more specific grouping. Just like that Somalis went from mixed with everything to 99% East African. And guess what they ran that same project again, so in the future you'll see a Cushitic or Somali specific DNA group instead of just East Africa.

Sites like ancestry.com are shit that mislead it's Somali costumers

And Arab and Persian immigrants had minimal effects on people who live in Mogadishu and Zeylac. No visible difference at all so cut that bs

@Caraweelo X

Heres what 23andme.com used to say
image.jpg

And here's what they say today
Somalia 1
som6.jpg

image.jpg

Somalia 2
som.jpg

image.jpg

Somalia 3
som2.png

image.png

Somalia 4
som-3.png

image.png

Somalia 6
som4.png

image.png

Somalia 7
som7.jpg

image.jpg

Somalis are incredibly homogeneous. On average we have very little to zero recent admixture (as in last thousand years). We branched of from the other Cushites about 3000 years ago.

An Ethiopian today too
image.jpg

An actual Southeastern Bantu (Tanzania)
image.jpg

Here's a blog that goes into depth on Somali DNA, by a Somali Geneticist

http://anthromadness.blogspot.no/2015/07/horn-africans-mixture-between-east.html?m=1

Our admixture is ancient. We're not mixed between Bantus and Arabs.

Insha'Allah 23andme.com will continue working on Somali DNA and stop the lie of us being mixed. image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending