Somali slaves: Which Arab nation 'sold' somalia, to Italy, in the 19th century?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Greetings Fellow Somali's,

Today's topic is a sensitive one. So feel free go into savage-mode.

For all the Arab-lovers and Aryan-lovers out there, you might want to sit this one out.

I have found evidence in scholarly books, during my research on Somali history, that Somalia was indeed sold in the 19th century. In these scholarly books, the authors identified the specific amount that it was sold for, and they also specified the parties that were involved in the sale negotiations.

I want to be clear that i am not a self-hating, self-victimizing, shame spreading, Somali.
I am simply a man who wants to discuss text-based facts about our history. I believe that it's in our best interest to assess the validity of these texts. Because if we ignore this information, that is written about us and that is circulating in universities, then we will suffer in the long run.

With that said, the answer to the question that I've mentioned in the thread-title, and the evidence for the 'sale of Somalia' has been presented in section 8.0 of the my Somali-History video-presentation series.

If you're not going to watch the videos, and you're just going to spit some 'Somalis are superior' stuff, then keep it moving. Opinions are like asses, everyone has one.

I want to have a critical discussion about the contents of the videos.

I want to know if the authors (who i quoted in the videos) are wrong, and i want proof that they are wrong.

If no one is able to disproof the information that I've presented in the videos, then i will have to accept this information as true.

Give me some feed back on my youtube channel and on this thread . . . :nvjpqts:

Long live the Dervish dream,

Mahad.M.Hori

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Most of what you stated in the video is accurate, but only for Southern Somalia. Omani control of the Somali coast was from Warsheekh southward towards Kismaayo. I don't think the Omanis exterted any control north of Warsheekh at any point. I like that you cite what you are speaking about, it is needed.

Overall great work
:yousmart:

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Most of what you stated in the video is accurate, but only for Southern Somalia. Omani control of the Somali coast was from Warsheekh southward towards Kismaayo. I don't think the Omanis exterted any control north of Warsheekh at any point. I like that you cite what you are speaking about, it is needed.

Overall great work
:yousmart:

Positive energy is always good energy. :dabcasar:

Respect for watching the vids and for providing some feedback.:salute:

I am waiting tho .:whoo: . . for the trolls and the arab-lovers and aryan-lovers.

:kanyeshrug: Where are THEY?

lol

Why is it that when I post a video talking about this, Somalis get upset? lol Not only to Somalis get upset and mostly insult me (Which is fine because that literally doesn't faze me), but they provide no evidence to say what is being said is wrong. In academia, you can't just say "You're wrong" "I disagree with you" and not provide and content as to why you disagree.

In this video the East African Arab Slave Trade is talked about
The East African Arab Slave Trade was happening from the 7th century in East Africa until...well it actually still went on on a small scale up until the 20th century but like it's said in the video, Bantus were not used in the East African Slave Trade by Arabs until the 1900s. They were using Natives of the Horn of Africa before hand and there are scholars who talk about this.

It's not about being a Self hating Somali or thinking you're inferior, it's about understanding the past objectively and analyzing history.

IMG_3498.JPG
Post it...why is no one posting anything...

I keep posting but you are ignoring it, it was crime to enslave or sell Somalis in Arab world.

Why is it that when I post a video talking about this, Somalis get upset? lol Not only to Somalis get upset and mostly insult me (Which is fine because that literally doesn't faze me), but they provide no evidence to say what is being said is wrong. In academia, you can't just say "You're wrong" "I disagree with you" and not provide and content as to why you disagree.

In this video the East African Arab Slave Trade is talked about
The East African Arab Slave Trade was happening from the 7th century in East Africa until...well it actually still went on on a small scale up until the 20th century but like it's said in the video, Bantus were not used in the East African Slave Trade by Arabs until the 1900s. They were using Natives of the Horn of Africa before hand and there are scholars who talk about this.

It's not about being a Self hating Somali or thinking you're inferior, it's about understanding the past objectively and analyzing history.
I've provided more concrete evidence than you have. Adress my points there instead of ignoring me then.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Parts of the south was sold to Italy but I don't understand what that has to do with slavery?

Wallahi if they tried to then the mighty Ogadens who conquered Jubbaland from the Gallas and Madows in the 19th century would have massacred them. Though it was haraam for these Arabs to enslave fellow Muslims, regardless.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Parts of the south was sold to Italy but I don't understand what that has to do with slavery?

Wallahi if they tried to then the mighty Ogadens who conquered Jubbaland from the Gallas and Madows in the 19th century would have massacred them. Though it was haraam for these Arabs to enslave fellow Muslims, regardless.

You can only sell something you own. If Somalia was sold, then that means that it was owned too.

You can own property. And You can only own people (i.e reduce them to the status of property) if they are your slaves.

Slave: One person owning another person. Right?

So if our people were owned and sold (i.e reduced to the status of property) , then that means that they were slaves.

If they weren't slaves, the sale could have never occurred.

These are horrible facts. But facts nevertheless, and we must acknowledge them before we can move forward as a people.

You can only sell something you own. If Somalia was sold, then that means that it was owned too.

You can own property. And You can only own people (i.e reduce them to the status of property) if they are your slaves.

So if our people were owned and sold (i.e reduced to the status of property) , then that means that they were slaves.

These are horrible facts. But facts nevertheless, and we must acknowledge them before we can move forward as a people.

Our old xeer system forbidden selling Somalis as slaves.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
That's because she has no answer. She's using worthless conjecture while you're posting facts.

@Caraweelo X stop trying to push your false narrative.

@Madara x stop the clickbait. This topic has nothing to do with slavery.

This topic has to do with slavery. You just have to pay attention to the details in the videos.

Here what i said to another user who disputed the relationship between 'the sale of somalia' and the 'topic of slavery'.

Prince of Lasanod said:

My reply:

So? It was law that forbidden selling Somalis to Arab.
Lol Because they were selling Somalis and other natives of EastvAfrica and Brits wanted to stop them from doing slave raids. I know you're smart, and can understand context & like I said this was during the 1800s...Lets talk about the 7th century when the Arab Slave Trade started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending