Somali Scientists analyze genomes from Bosaso

They are 1,900 years apart or about 76 generations.

T carrying Dirs and Isaaqs are not the same clan.

T-carrying Dir seem to be very close to T-carrying Karanle (TMRCA) which makes me believe Karanle are lost Dir. It could be the case for other T-carrying Somalis (non Isaaq) as well. While T-carrying Isaaq and T-carrying Dir are of the same origin but diverted over time into separate clans.

Abaq

VIP
It is from thousands of years ago, before modern Arabs existed.

Virtually all Cushitic populations have ancient MENA admixture.
I read in a book about something called the Hamitic migration and how ancient cushtics originated from mesopatamia and mixed with hunter gatherers in the horn. Do you think it's true based on what you know?

Apollo

VIP
I read in a book about something called the Hamitic migration and how ancient cushtics originated from mesopatamia and mixed with hunter gatherers in the horn. Do you think it's true based on what you know?

They came from Egypt, not Mesopotamia, and they mainly mixed with Sub-Saharan Africans in Sudan and only sparingly in the Horn.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
This proves that Somalis are admixed with Arabs but most Somalis don't have an Arab "founding father" which is J1.

Most Somalis are E1B1B

I think Dir have an Asian forebear? T haplogroup?
haplogroup t and e belong to the same afro Asiatic forefathers its ancient and has nothing to do with modern Asian people

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Then they went down in nile river right? But those first cushitic are they the ancient egypt or the kush kingdom and also why did they move down
1 the ones that stayed behind became the egyptians and founded the egyptian civilizations although some went furthur into north africa and became berbers
2 the cushites that somalis come from continued down to sudan with some staying becoming bejas and niloticized nubians while the rest moved on to the horn

Abaq

VIP
You have to admit that it would make sense, Isaaq are literally right next to Dir and seem to share "T" as a haplogroup, not to mention the persistent rumour about "Dirta Woqooyi".

It's worth digging into.
Isaaq were Dir till the 1940s when all of a sudden they were Arabs.

One Iiddoor even composed a poem:
Goortey taraareen rag baa Saado tiigsadaye,
Anse teydu Soomaali bay iigu taal weliye.

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
1 the ones that stayed behind became the egyptians and founded the egyptian civilizations although some went furthur into north africa and became berbers
2 the cushites that somalis come from continued down to sudan with some staying becoming bejas and niloticized nubians while the rest moved on to the horn
Ohhh isnt that were afro-Asiatic formed plus why did berber amazigh r kinda white while we r darskinned plus was that 7 thousands years ago

68 is only true for hawiye, raxanweyne, and marehans, (and kenyan ogadenis)

MJ have the highest average IQ in Somalia (because we eat fish while others think they are too 'good' for it)

:pachah1:

Yh of course, no Somali eats fish except your people :comeon:

Trending