Somali population growth in Kenya

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
The Somali population in Kenya is experiencing a boom unlike anything I have seen. According to the 2019 census the number of Kenyans ages 0-14 was 9.208 million. The number of Kenyans ages 0-14 in North Eastern was 1.388 million. This means that 15% of all Kenyans ages 0-14 are Somali. Somalis are now around 6% of the population of Kenya, at 2.78 million.

For comparison, consider that Coast Province with a population of 4.329 million, almost 2 million more than North Eastern, only has 1.719 million people ages 0-14.
Or that Central Province with a population of 5.482 million, 3 million more than North Eastern, has only 1.718 million people ages 0-14. Or that Nairobi Province with a population of 4.397 million, 2 million more than North Eastern, has only 1.336 million people ages 0-14, which is fewer than North Eastern.

Currently the Kikuyu, at only 17% of the population, are the largest group in Kenya. Somalis are already at 15% of these recent birth cohorts and seem to be gaining as population in Eastern, Central and Coast provinces undergo what seems to be a fairly swift demographic transition. Somalis could easily become the largest ethnic group in Kenya over the next 25 years. Somalis will be more important in Kenyan politics than in Ethiopian politics.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
The Somali population in Kenya is experiencing a boom unlike anything I have seen. According to the 2019 census the number of Kenyans ages 0-14 was 9.208 million. The number of Kenyans ages 0-14 in North Eastern was 1.388 million. This means that 15% of all Kenyans ages 0-14 are Somali. Somalis are now around 6% of the population of Kenya, at 2.78 million.

For comparison, consider that Coast Province with a population of 4.329 million, almost 2 million more than North Eastern, only has 1.719 million people ages 0-14.
Or that Central Province with a population of 5.482 million, 3 million more than North Eastern, has only 1.718 million people ages 0-14. Or that Nairobi Province with a population of 4.397 million, 2 million more than North Eastern, has only 1.336 million people ages 0-14, which is fewer than North Eastern.

Currently the Kikuyu, at only 17% of the population, are the largest group in Kenya. Somalis are already at 15% of these recent birth cohorts and seem to be gaining as population in Eastern, Central and Coast provinces undergo what seems to be a fairly swift demographic transition. Somalis could easily become the largest ethnic group in Kenya over the next 25 years. Somalis will be more important in Kenyan politics than in Ethiopian politics.

Kenya is the only place worth even having a cushitic or muslim sort of alliance but that is unfortunately not the case. Could you imagine an alliance between Mandheere,Garissa,Wajeer,Isiolo,Marsabit,Tana river, Lamu, Kwale, Kilifi, and Mombasa this should be the case naturally I know Hassan Joho(“The Sultan”) has very good relations with Somalis but I don’t know about the Oromos.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
They have had a pretty strong grip for the past few decades. Somalis have basically become top 3-5 stakeholders in Kenya. The country is being eaten from the inside out.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
@Removed I'm sorry to inform you that Kilifi is only 18% Muslim. And that Mombasa, Lamu and Marsabit are all around 50% Muslim. The Boran in Marsabit are converting to Christianity and to Islam.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
@Removed I'm sorry to inform you that Kilifi is only 18% Muslim. And that Mombasa, Lamu and Marsabit are all around 50% Muslim. The Boran in Marsabit are converting to Christianity and to Islam.
Im aware some are christian I was referring to cushitic ties for the Boran, when traveling through these areas I noticed they had alot of christians I just never expected it to be this much Subxanallah we thought everything on the coast was Muslim these are shocking stats :wowsweat:

btw Mombasa could be 1% muslim and they will still hold the cards some places have such a strong deep state nothing else matters. Hassan Joho is no joke the underworld of Kenya is run through him and his port.

He is quite possibly Kenyas second most influential person he financed Railas ODM party and he is also believed to have gained mass amounts of wealth through drug money.

He is essentially a cartel head but legitimate I thought bodies were going to drop when they threw mangoes at him in Lamu, 2017 elections was the most suspenseful election of my lifetime :mjlol:

Kenya is the only place worth even having a cushitic or muslim sort of alliance but that is unfortunately not the case. Could you imagine an alliance between Mandheere,Garissa,Wajeer,Isiolo,Marsabit,Tana river, Lamu, Kwale, Kilifi, and Mombasa this should be the case naturally I know Hassan Joho(“The Sultan”) has very good relations with Somalis but I don’t know about the Oromos.

They have had a pretty strong grip for the past few decades. Somalis have basically become top 3-5 stakeholders in Kenya. The country is being eaten from the inside out.
How's Ogaden's grip on Kenyan politics these day?

Is Yusuf Haji still running the show behind the scenes?

Kenya has been lying about the starts from the 1960s and every census they used to fiddle the figures and undermine the Somali population.

The Second last census was almost a true representation of Somali population in Kenya.

It's about resource allocation the more the population the more the resource allocation.

Kikuyus over the years have had a decline in birth rates to the extent they are becoming number 2.