Somali Parents Don’t Know How To Raise Their Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalayariis

Bad cop
My Hooyo is one of the only parents I know that screams at their children for leaving the house and questions them, calling the parents of whosever they are hanging out with and basically breathing down their necks. She doesn’t segregate by gender either, and only now lets my 18 year old brother leave late at night to get food with his friends who she knows everything about.:banderas:

I honestly think our generation of parents should become tiger parents and stop embarrassing our name. We need to learn from the Asians and be more involved with our kids. All these Somali children trying to mimick gangbangers are dying every day in Toronto, London, and Minneapolis.

I look at the kids in my school and I realize that we are probably one of the best, and that’s sad because half of the kids don’t even care about their grades. There is so much potential lost because Somali kids are not immersed in their culture and instead cling onto something that isn’t theirs instead of making their own one here.

Sorry for any typos, I’m writing this on my phone and couldn’t be bothered to go on desktop.

Subeer

Men are asleep but at death they will awake!
My Hooyo is one of the only parents I know that screams at their children for leaving the house and questions them, calling the parents of whosever they are hanging out with and basically breathing down their necks. She doesn’t segregate by gender either, and only now lets my 18 year old brother leave late at night to get food with his friends who she knows everything about.:banderas:

I honestly think our generation of parents should become tiger parents and stop embarrassing our name. We need to learn from the Asians and be more involved with our kids. All these Somali children trying to mimick gangbangers are dying every day in Toronto, London, and Minneapolis.

I look at the kids in my school and I realize that we are probably one of the best, and that’s sad because half of the kids don’t even care about their grades. There is so much potential lost because Somali kids are not immersed in their culture and instead cling onto something that isn’t theirs instead of making their own one here.

Sorry for any typos, I’m writing this on my phone and couldn’t be bothered to go on desktop.

Being too strict is only going to create the opposite effect.
creating more rebellious kids.

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
Nah. This isn't the case with the Somalis I know.

Besides those Asian kids have it rough with such parents, look at the suicide cases in places like Korea and China.
Overbearing parenting kills.

Toxique

hood arawelo

fuk that. i dont want my parents to micromanage everythin in my life. that's why kids rebel n run away. u can be a good parent without being overly strict. in our culture we're all kids until we get married.

the problem wit somalis in our gen is that most are not from 2 parent households. a mother can only do so much alone.:francis:

lalayariis

Bad cop
fuk that. i dont want my parents to micromanage everythin in my life. that's why kids rebel n run away. u can be a good parent without being overly strict. in our culture we're all kids until we get married.

the problem wit somalis in our gen is that most are not from 2 parent households. a mother can only do so much alone.:francis:
Two parent households is a must, and in the case of a divorce the father can’t just leave the mother to raise the kids alone. There needs to be involvement from both parties

lalayariis

Bad cop
Save up and move out as quick as you can. Your mother sounds narcissistic and has a certain OCD where she's needs to know everything about what you're doing
:drakelaugh::chrisfreshhah::pachah1:

You make it sound like caring about what your children are doing is a bad thing. She’s chill after she knows you are responsible, and knows the type of friends you hang out with aren’t lowlives. She’s being a good parent not letting a teen leave in the middle of the night for no reason.

:drakelaugh::chrisfreshhah::pachah1:

You make it sound like caring about what your children are doing is a bad thing. She’s chill after she knows you are responsible, and knows the type of friends you hang out with aren’t lowlives. She’s being a good parent not letting a teen leave in the middle of the night for no reason.

Your mother is horrible

lalayariis

Bad cop
Nah. This isn't the case with the Somalis I know.

Besides those Asian kids have it rough with such parents, look at the suicide cases in places like Korea and China.
Overbearing parenting kills.
Your right, they need to be involved but not the point where it consumes your life. Parents should encourage their children to study and get good grades, and be involved in their academic careers so that they make it so college. However, they shouldn’t make it so they can’t have any fun.

Most of these males/females are not fit to be parents, the level of vanity, short-term thinking, narcissistic selfish egotistical behaviour and love for this world in the form of materialism excludes them.

I wouldn't even trust them to take care of a hamster or even gold fish in a water tank much less a child, hence why divorce is so rampant and their spawns are defecating all over the place, it's a punishment for their irresponsibilities.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Mashalaaah....look at our Somali teens in Somali spot forum, so worldly aware of fellow Somalis from here Minneapolis, Toronto and London. Mama is proud of her Somali worldly kittens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending