• NO, most somalis have somali names

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • i like arabic names more than somali names so i'm for the arabization

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL Guys relax shit ain't that serious.
i clocked this is the reason why most blacks ask if somalis are arabs because almost of all of us are named abdi-something
i too as a non somali would have genuinely wondered if somalis were black arabs descendants of the east african slave trade :mjlol:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
i clocked this is the reason why most blacks ask if somalis are arabs because almost of all of us are named abdi-something
i too as a non somali would have genuinely wondered if somalis were black arabs
I dislike that name too and alxamdullilah it is not used in my direct family, but still we are hardly Arabized like for example other ethnics like Berbers or other groups.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
i too as a non somali would have genuinely wondered if somalis were black arabs

That could be asked of anyone, Nigerians have Muslim names like Somalis

I dislike that name too and alxamdullilah it is not used in my direct family, but still we are hardly Arabized like for example other ethnics like Berbers or other groups.
yep but this is only because arabs were not able conquered our land like they did with the berbers and other groups and in the last few decades they have implemented soft methods of arabnizing us.
for example opening up a schools in the motherland were arabic the first and superior language and somali is equivalent to ebonics :pachah1:

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
it's funny that we(myself included) worry about bantunization of somalis which we are yet to see any tangible impact for, while arabnizaton has been doggystyling somali culture for a good generation now:francis:

by the way i'm not even an advocate for preserving somali culture i'm westernized AF and my childern will probably not even grow up speaking somali but i just like to state the truth and call out the double standards i see with so called pan-somalis or somali nationals

Yes i know what you mean bro!

They aren't Arab names/culture, they are Muslim names.:shookgabre:

Jews and Christians have their versions of Yusuf/Joseph/Issa/Jesus, etc.

Arab names/culture would be something like Raami, or Baasim and we do not do that.
are they really muslim names though?:ulyin: i'm not convinced
for example omar was omar before islam , surely it could not have been labeled a muslim name before the last version islam came about, so arab is the constant in all these so called muslim names.

also would u consider somali names muslim names?? since somali is a muslim ethnicity

Last edited:

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
name is not a big deal who wouldnt want the names amber sarah nadia come onn but i want these surnames/names to be retained
samatar
elmi
shire
guled
liban
ladan
kinsi

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Yes they are.
By the bantus through the AMISOM,
by the arabs through Islam and arab's lifestyle.
We are becoming the new Sudan.

Somalis willingly accepted Islam, we are some of the earliest adopters back when a good portion of Arabs weren't Muslims.

They aren't Arab names/culture, they are Muslim names.:shookgabre:

Jews and Christians have their versions of Yusuf/Joseph/Issa/Jesus, etc.

Arab names/culture would be something like Raami, or Baasim and we do not do that.
yh but European jews believe those names originate from their race or ethnic group likewise with arabs with somalis that isn't the case, these are names we borrowed from ajnabi the arabs
you tried it:drakekidding:

Same goes with European Christians they would tell you these are pro white names from the white race.:dwill:

black Christians:hmm: oh yh they are just conquered Negros:holeup:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
are they really arabic names though?:ulyin: i'm not convinced
for example omar was omar before islam , surely it could not have been labeled a muslim name before the last version islam came about, so arab is the constant in all these so called muslim names.

also would u consider somali names muslim names?? since somali is a muslim ethnicity

A name like Yusuf, predates Arabs, its Jewish.

You might as well ask why are Somalis adopting Jewish culture

Its the religon thats adopted not the culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts