Somali name or Arabic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wardheere

Qolana Janno qolana naar
Dont listen some keyboard hero who hates Islam and became an apostate to lure you away from Islam.

Arabs are our people and islamic names are the way to go for continuity of our religion.

Let us not be stupid.

My name is Muxammad.

BankaTuyo

حيران
I've always thought Ubah was the Somali name for flowers, and Sahra was the Arabic, but when searching for the meaning of the name "Ubah" it says on most sites in Quranic and Arabic :win:

This isn't the first time, I've seen this on names i was 99% sure were Somali. It is because some Somalis are writing their names into these databases. Why would they do that :umwhat:

What? how is Ubah an arabic name.? got any references.?

BankaTuyo

حيران
Fun fact: you cannot find a female Somali name starting with KH. the only two i am aware of are Khadra and Khadija both of which are Arabic.

I challenge you all to give more than 3 Somali female/Male names starting with KH.

Apollo

VIP
I have an arabic name. It's so arabic, people think I am an arab until I say I am Somali.

rejected-job-resume-crumpled-up-and-thrown-away-in-garbage-picture-id172798847

resume-being-thrown-away-1024x681-e1488268694118.jpg

Fun fact: you cannot find a female Somali name starting with KH. the only two i am aware of are Khadra and Khadija both of which are Arabic.

I challenge you all to give more than 3 Somali female/Male names starting with KH.
You can't find any Somali word with kh the letter is borrowed

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
black Africans, especially west and South Africans got rid of their native names as well. Most of them now have European names.

Apollo

VIP
black Africans, especially west and South Africans got rid of their native names as well. Most of them now have European names.

In South Africa there is a revival in ethnic names. The ZA Bantus are pissed and hate whitey a lot. Anglo names are losing popularity there.

Status
Not open for further replies.