Somali mother critical of police amid search for missing London schoolgirls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
1240.jpg

The mother of two teenage schoolgirls reported missing from their home in north London has told the Guardian she feels that no one is helping to find her daughters.

Laila Salah, the mother of Abir Salah, 16, and Ahlam Salah, 15, was visibly distraught when speaking about her daughters, who have gone missing along with a third girl, Fardowsa Hassan, 13. Detectives believe the girls have been sleeping on buses and elsewhere on the transport network in the capital.

Speaking outside her home in Wood Green, Salah said: “Nobody is helping. Police are not helping. I can only pray to God. They are just young girls. I just want my daughters back.”

The Metropolitan police issued a missing persons appeal for the three schoolgirls on Tuesday. The girls, from Wood Green in north London, are believed to be together. Fardowsa and Abir have been missing for 10 days and Ahlam was reported missing on Saturday. They are not thought to have left the country and police do not expect them to try to do so, a Scotland Yard spokesman said.

“We won’t go into operational reasons, but we’re fairly certain that they’re on the transport network and haven’t gone abroad,” the spokesman said on Wednesday morning.

It is the second time the girls have run away from home in four weeks. The three went missing in similar circumstances on 13 and 15 November and were found safe and well on 20 November. At that time, too, police said they believed the teenagers were sleeping on the transport network.

Simon Garrill, executive headteacher of Heartlands High School in Wood Green, which Fardowsa and Ahlam attend, said: “Both girls have been with us for a short amount of time following moves from local schools. We are offering all necessary support to the police in an effort to bring them home safely. Our thoughts are with the girls’ families at this difficult time.”

Abukar Awale, a community worker in north-west London and a presenter on a UK Somali television channel, urged members of the Somalian community to help police find the girls. “Our priority right now is the safety of these girls, and if anyone knows where they are or what they are thinking or any information at all, the best thing to do is contact the police,” he said.

“I urge people to prevent any horrible thing from happening to these girls, like perhaps if someone has brainwashed them and taken them to Isis – that would be the worst nightmare scenario.”

Awale said he was concerned that it was the second time in as many months that the girls had disappeared: “They are so young and so vulnerable. Unfortunately, with the current climate, there are extremist people who are preying on vulnerable girls – we have to do whatever we can [to find them] and the sooner the better.” He told the Guardian he did not believe the girls had not taken their passports with them.

Scotland Yard described Fardowsa as being of Arab appearance, 5ft 5in and of medium build. Abir is black, of Somali descent, 5ft 10in and of medium build. Her sister Ahlam is 5ft 5in and of medium build.

“All the girls’ families are concerned for their welfare and urge them to contact them, or the police, to let them know they are safe and well,” Scotland Yard said. Anyone with information is asked to contact Haringey missing persons unit on 101.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/dec/16/missing-london-schoolgirls-police-step-up-search

Sultana

On Hiatus
Why did they run away from home the first time? It's probably for the same reason. Lol, at of Arab appearance though.

Duchess

VIP
Why did they run away from home the first time? It's probably for the same reason. Lol, at of Arab appearance though.

I was wondering that too. Why do they continue to run away from home? Who would want to sleep on public transport in London during winter? Something ain't right.

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
@waraabe why are your females running away from home? Go do your part to find your girls in abu Tyrone house next door maybe you can find them in the basementsiilaanyolaugh

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Where's the father?
:damedamn:

And lool @ brainwashed by Isis. Likely they ran away from an abusive household.

Edit: I think the father's arab. Also I notice the daughters have the same last name as the hooyo. Hmmm

Last edited:

Lily

>,,< certified creep >,,<
I know couple individuals who run away from home because they found their parents to be too strict. I know some girls who got married very early just because they can leave home. Is tough call. I guess every parent is trying their best to give their children the best upbringing. People learn from their mistakes and we should give them room to explore, but how much room do we give our children and at what age??

F

Forfon

It's unfortunate these girls have decided to leave home. Usually, Somali girls of these ages are more than likely to run away with the intentions of being rebellious.

Probably these young girls are having an issue with identity and inconsequence, dealing with a crisis thus not agreeing with home life. Sad, so young!

Last edited by a moderator:

waraabe

Your superior
why is it sad. Clearly their mother should've sent them back home if they ran away before. Incompetence all around and a lack of good karbash

Duchess

VIP
why is it sad. Clearly their mother should've sent them back home if they ran away before. Incompetence all around and a lack of good karbash

It's sad because they are young girls alone in the city. Anything could happen to them.

F

Forfon

i think a good discipline avoids all these problems in the future. I urge all somali with young kids to send them bring them up.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

:draketf:

My children iA will live in a bohemian house hold, where mutual respect and individuality will be celebrated. Unconditional positive regards will be the centre of the house hold.

waraabe

Your superior
:draketf:

My children iA will live in a bohemian house hold, where mutual respect and individuality will be celebrated. Unconditional positive regard will be the centre of the house hold.
you haven't even taken me out to dinner yet you are talking about children :yacadiim:

bit too quick nooh:ayaanswag:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending