Somali men need to stop cosplaying as Khaleejis

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
these are nice. maybe some better patterns but overall better then a dress shirt and a mawaciis
The top two could be paired with better macawiis. Bottom one looks decent imo Iโ€™d rather take that then look like Iโ€™m in a cosplay convention at my own wedding

Or go full ghetto and get the two sheets ๐Ÿ˜‚

The top two could be paired with better macawiis. Bottom one looks decent imo Iโ€™d rather take that then look like Iโ€™m in a cosplay convention at my own wedding

you can wear a thobe and wrap a shawl around yourself and top it off with a kofi or imaman while the bride can wear a abaya or guntimoo

simple elgant and distinct
7F26A9A3-64EF-4728-B84D-F0924AAFACC2.jpeg

That just looks like Arab clothing with a few Somali adjustme

It's the other way around SXB. Arabs are a bastardized group, they speak multiple versions of Arabic. lots of ancient Somali words in their language. The resemblance doesn't have to mean that "we are the ones that munched their style".

I See You Nod GIF by Yellowstone

Last edited:

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP

keep u langaabnimo to yourself lil nigga

1708298041048.png

1708298091079.png

1708298117269.png

1708298133286.png

1708298172709.png

1708298197181.png

1708298210528.png

It's the other way around SXB. Arabs are a bastardized group, they speak multiple versions of Arabic. lots of ancient Somali words in their language. The resemblance doesn't have to mean that "we are the ones that munched their style".

Be honest man that outfit looks Arab

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
Nigga Iโ€™ll make your lamagoodle ass wear the 2 sheets too stop appropriating upper class culture. :chrisfreshhah:
Nacas even the suit was only upper class until the late 1800s. Average European until the 1880s wore rags.

Yami

Nacas even the suit was only upper class until the late 1800s. Average European until the 1880s wore rags.
Nacas unlike Europeans whoโ€™s city folk wore suits even the Somali city dwellers never wore such fancy shit. That was an exclusive to the upper upper class of Somalian culture. Suits arenโ€™t comparable :ufdup:

Marshall D Abdi

Know youโ€™re place peasant
Nacas unlike Europeans whoโ€™s city folk wore suits even the Somali city dwellers never wore such fancy shit. That was an exclusive to the upper upper class of Somalian culture. Suits arenโ€™t comparable :ufdup:
Just Bcz ur ancestors were reer mii not everyones has to be like urs.

Acting like ibn battuta historical writings were just a fantasy story

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
Their city folk wore simple rags like Somalis. Wdym upper upper class nacas. There's bottom and upper simple.

Unlike ours though, the suit became mass manufactured by factories in the 1870s and normies started wearing them.

ูˆูŽุญุงู†ู’ ุญูุทูŽู†ูŽู‡ูŽูŠู’ ุฌุงูƒูŽุฏู’ ุณูˆูุชู’ ุงู‡ู’ ุงูˆูˆ ูƒูˆุฑู’ ุฎูŽู…ูุณู’ ุนูŽุฏู’ ุฅูŠูˆ ูƒูˆูููŠูŽุฏู’ ููŠุนูŽู†ู’ ุนูุฏู’ ุฅฺฏูŽ ุนู‘ูู„ูู†ูŽูŠู’ุณุงู†ูŽ ู…ูŽ ุฌูุฑู’ุชูˆ​

Yami

Their city folk wore simple rags like Somalis. Wdym upper upper class nacas. There's bottom and upper simple.

Unlike ours though, the suit became mass manufactured by factories in the 1870s and normies started wearing them.
Do I have to spell it for your dumbass? Upper upper class is royalty and influential figures in Somalian society nacala tuuf caleyk hard headed Djiboutian danyeer

Yami

Just Bcz ur ancestors were reer mii not everyones has to be like urs.

Acting like ibn battuta historical writings were just a fantasy story
Kkkkk delude yourself into thinking your ancestors wore that shit. I can guarantee 99% who reads this thread has ancestors 5 generations back that were Reer Miyi. Wear your real clothes

Marshall D Abdi

Know youโ€™re place peasant
Kkkkk delude yourself into thinking your ancestors wore that shit. I can guarantee 99% who reads this thread has ancestors 5 generations back that were Reer Miyi. Wear your real clothes

As I previously mentioned, simply because your ancestors may have engaged in cultural practices alongside the cawaan Oromo people for centuries in arid regions of Ethiopia does not imply that we have common experience. Plus there something called urban lifestyle Mogadishu, not everyone ran with lamagoodle clothes Additionally my maternal 4th generation Aint even somali But omani.

Stop pointing fingers at others, nothing wrong with being reer mii/nomad but donโ€™t lump us with ur ancestors kkkkk be proud of ur ancestor my friend :)

Arab clothing was worn by somalis

1708382423725.png
1708382454502.png

1708382675095.png