Somali girl talks about ‘hair politics’

Status
Not open for further replies.

KREAM

"Can you bring equilibrium?"
Cadaans are crazy tbh they dont even fix their own curls how could they do mine

I agree watch tutorials or find Somalis. It's all you can do. Atleast they won't f*ck up your hair outta malice. I don't like them but I'll give them that.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Your hair is the typical abdi hair but you really have to use oil or something
yea i just called my mom and asked her, because i remember a specific wedding i went to with her and she put some hair product in my hair. a nigga hair was looking luscious. if i was thinner older, and had some decent cash i would have been stealing es that day. no wife would have been safe.

she recommended a few so ill try to buy some later this week.

I tucked ip my hair when i was 13/14 by ironing it
Because it would be looking fire
But now i hate myself for doing that
Wish i could be bald and begin all over again but my mom says i will habaar her if i shave my head :noneck:

KREAM

I tucked ip my hair when i was 13/14 by ironing it
Because it would be looking fire
But now i hate myself for doing that
Wish i could be bald and begin all over again but my mom says i will habaar her if i shave my head :noneck:

I iron my hair occasionally to cut it precisely dafuq did you do sis? Bc when I
wash it, it comes out lush and curly/wavy.

I iron my hair occasionally to cut it precisely dafuq did you do sis?

Wallahi i did it like every week for a year or something
I was just a child and didnt think of the consequenses but yeah alx my hair still alright tho

KREAM

Wallahi i did it like every week for a year or something
I was just a child and didnt think of the consequenses but yeah alx my hair still alright tho

Use ceramic irons on low heat. We aren't madows we don't need that much heat. Argan oil/treatment helps tho walaal. My hair is to my back thanks to it. If it's ironed damn cadaans would be envious.

Use ceramic irons on low heat. We aren't madows we don't need that much heat. Argan oil/treatment helps tho walaal. My hair is to my back thanks to it. If it's ironed damn cadaans would be envious.

My hair would be looking like that asian beautiful hair :(:( wallahi it was so soft and shiny and beautiful everyone would be staring

But the worst thing was everyone assuming immediately that it was fake or it took me hours

Like it took me 40 minutes top
Might do this again if i pass my exams this year :banderas:

KREAM

My hair would be looking like that asian beautiful hair :(:( wallahi it was so soft and shiny and beautiful everyone would be staring

But the worst thing was everyone assuming immediately that it was fake or it took me hours

Like it took me 40 minutes top
Might do this again if i pass my exams this year :banderas:

Ok walaal I just want your hair to be well. My hair is currently straight due to trimming and it's annoying to be frank. It's long and everywhere.

Ok walaal I just want your hair to be well. My hair is currently straight due to trimming and it's annoying to be frank. It's long and everywhere.

You shousl cut it too
I always do that when it grows to long to keep it healthy

Yeah I've got that type of hair as well. It's the most common Somali hair type, after that I would say straight hair is the most common, then timo Madow(not like other black people though) at last.

what lol straight hair is very rare. wavey is not normal either a lot of people have it but its not what the average person haso_O

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
Only people with Madow hair should braid their hair, not average Somalis.
People have been braiding their hair for centuries mate. From beduins to people from Scandinavia.
Obviously it varies in their types, but isn't only exclusive to kinky hair.

Muhammad(saw) had his hair in braids when he travelled long distances, just to give an example.

Sooo.. why don’t black women talk about the elephant in the room? You keep wearing weaves ALL the time it seems like you think straight hair is better...:cosbyhmm: Cadaans are probably confused with all this hair business and Asians are making millions of this smh:francis:
We are in an era of “wokeness” and black twitter Be proud of the hair that grows out of your head. I doubt anyone would care tbh

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
My hair is nice too but i remember getting bullied when i was younger by an angolese girl tho :damn:

And also went once to this black hair salon but you had 2 girls who were giving me evil eye while their hair got burned and braid and everything

Havent been to a hair salon in yeeaars
Where do you somalis go to to cut your hairs

black hair salons !!!!!!!!! :damn:

a black lady did my hair once and completely fucked it up, she used a hot comb when a normal straightener is enough. My hair was burnt to the max :dead:

never taking that risk again.

go to turkish hair salons, they are the best :ufdup:

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
What is this nonsense? We had "good hair" concepts long before any white people came to Somalia. We contrasted ourselves againts Bantus.

KREAM

a black lady did my hair once and completely fucked it up, she used a hot comb when a normal straightener is enough. My hair was burnt to the max :dead:

Yes avoid madows, I was telling her that earlier. There was one Kenyan lady I trusted, she had children with a somali man and had rapport with us. She was great, I miss her everyday.

Still one fucked my hair up as a child too :jcoleno:

Turkish one sounds good!! Im goig to istanbul thisbyear so thanks didnt think of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending