Somali girl REFUSES to give HEAD after smoking his weed; Somali guy goes APE SHIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhabaal

Part time -Devils Advocate Full time- Anarchist
That won't affect the victims physiologically at all, nope

What do you mean physiologically? You mean take revenge? How does that heal the victim and change the offender for the better?

The point with restorative justice is the process to answer to a victims trauma.

Like i said people take turns answering questions, What happened? , What needs arrive?, Whose responsibility is it to meets those needs?, it requires for people to take responsibility and to repair things as much as possible. And to never commit that crime again.

It's isn't about feeling sorry, it is about doing sorry.

Its about adhering to the needs of those who you hurt. Sometimes the person who can make the greatest contribution to a survivers healing is the person who harmed them.

Punishment is just passive, it doesn't require people to act and it certainly doesn't require for them to change. When you lock people up you excuse them from their responsibility to answer for what they have done.

Watch this video

What do you mean physiologically? take revenge?

The point with restorative justice is the process to answer to a victims trauma.

Like i said people take turns answering questions, What happened? , What needs arrive?, Whose responsibility is it to meets those needs?, it requires for people to take responsibility and to repair things as much as possible. And to never commit that crime again.

Its about adhering to the needs of those who you hurt. Sometimes the person who can make the greatest contribution to a survivers healing is the person who harmed them.

Punishment is just passive, it doesn't require people to act and it certainly doesn't require for them to change. When you lock people up you excuse them from their responsibility to answer for what they have done.

Watch this video

Rape victims often experience physiological trauma which disrupt normal emotional, physical and cognitive behaviour. It can have long devastating effects and some victims will continue to experience some form of psychological distress for months or even years.

Having to see your abuser go seemingly unpunished would further aggravate these symptoms. It is not an acceptable form of rehabilitation for long time recovery.

Dhabaal

Rape victims often experience physiological trauma which disrupt normal emotional, physical and cognitive behaviour. It can have long devastating effects and some victims will continue to experience some form of psychological distress for months or even years.

all the more reason for restorative justice. It's inherent in it's terminology like i said it is a process answer to a victims trauma.it requires for people to take responsibility and to repair things as much as possible. And to never commit that crime again.

By paying resititution, by apologizing, by doing community work or even counciling,. etc etc.
Having to see your abuser go seemingly unpunished would further aggravate these symptoms. It is not an acceptable form of rehabilitation for long time recovery.

Can you demonstrate to me how? not ,punishing the offender and locking him up actually agrivates or how doings so even heals trauma of the victim?

If anything locking him up does nothing, he doesnt change, the victims trauma doesnt heal and it completely excuses the person from taking responsibility.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Guys, please stop trying to deny that rape is a problem in Somalia. It's a big problem.

One time when I was there, I was smoking weed with some daqan celis dudes and a girl. One of the guys brought his cousin or friend along (don't remember) who was a local. It was right after Isha, so it was dark out. After awhile the girl and her cousin leave. Once they were out of earshot, the local kid goes "we should have forced her" or something like that. I was shocked. He went on to say "no one would know, there's no one around so we wouldn't get caught even if she screams."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. These guys just talk about it like it's normal. Like it's something you just do.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Guys, please stop trying to deny that rape is a problem in Somalia. It's a big problem.

One time when I was there, I was smoking weed with some daqan celis dudes and a girl. One of the guys brought his cousin or friend along (don't remember) who was a local. It was right after Isha, so it was dark out. After awhile the girl and her cousin leave. Once they were out of earshot, the local kid goes "we should have forced her" or something like that. I was shocked. He went on to say "no one would know, there's no one around so we wouldn't get caught even if she screams."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. These guys just talk about it like it's normal. Like it's something you just do.

Welp hellfire awaits

all the more reason for restorative justice. It's inherent in it's terminology like i said it is a process answer to a victims trauma.it requires for people to take responsibility and to repair things as much as possible. And to never commit that crime again.

By paying resititution, by apologizing, by doing community work or even counciling,. etc etc.

I'm sorry but I just don't see how paying a bit of money to get out of trouble is any type of restorative justice, it's essentially just bribing... I guess the term financial punishment would more correct. What about rich people? or people who can afford to lose money? it certainly wouldn't discourage them

I think it's naive to think financial punishment is a way to stop crime when even capital punishment has shown itself not be an effective form of detergent.

look at @Mudug-Madman comment. The youth back home operate with a complete warped perception. Rape isn't actually viewed as a serious crime. Paying diya would not help change the mindset at all, it just teaches people that girls a commodities. You end up damaging the goods? no problem just pay the agreed amount of money and everything will be custhi :zhqjlmx:

Can you demonstrate to me how? not ,punishing the offender and locking him up actually agrivates or how doings so even heals trauma of the victim?

If anything locking him up does nothing, he doesnt change, the victims trauma doesnt heal and it completely excuses the person from taking responsibility.

SEEING your abuser or just knowing he's out there would negatively affect the victims health. It's common sense, you don't continuously expose people to their sources of trauma that won't help the recovery process at all.

Locking the perpetrator up would insure that the victim peace of mind while they heal AND rehabilitate the offender.

Dhabaal

Oh there comes another sheeko sheeko........ :bell:. No one is denying that rape or sexual assualt takes place. I am reject people trying to attribute it to Somali culture orgeneralize it based on a few anecdotal incidents or her say stories.

They should do a study on it to say in which the scope of how frequent or widespread it is. Until then i don't think we should create false hysteria based on ''let me tell you what i heard or allegedly saw'' etc.

Dhabaal

I'm sorry but I just don't see how paying a bit of money to get out of trouble is any type of restorative justice, it's essentially just bribing... I guess the term financial punishment would more correct. What about rich people? or people who can afford to lose money? it certainly wouldn't discourage them

I think it's naive to think financial punishment is a way to stop crime when even capital punishment has shown itself not be an effective form of detergent.

Ok paying restitution/compensation(diya) and bribery is two completely separate things. One is to repair something and the other is to solicit.

Compensation is aimed healing trauma and restitution is aimed out covering the expenses of injury,medical, travel, damage etc etc.

. Read:
The term "restitution" in the criminal justice system means payment by an offender to the victim for the harm caused by the offender's wrongful acts. Courts have the authority to order convicted offenders to pay restitution to victims as part of their sentences. In approximately one-third of states, courts are required to order restitution to victims in cases involving certain types of crimes, typically violent felony offenses, but sometimes other serious offenses as well. Restitution can cover any out-of-pocket losses directly relating to the crime, including:

Crime Victim Compensation
Victims: The direct victim of a violent crime is generally eligible for compensation. Some states only compensate victims who were physically injured in the course of the crime, while others also compensate victims of violent crime who were traumatized but not physically injured by the crime.

https://victimsofcrime.org/help-for...s-for-crime-victims/crime-victim-compensation

Please read them instead of dismissing them like you always do.

Dhabaal

look at @Mudug-Madman comment. The youth back home operate with a complete warped perception. Rape isn't actually viewed as a serious crime. Paying diya would not help change the mindset at all, it just teaches people that girls a commodities. You end up damaging the goods? no problem just pay the agreed amount of money and everything will be custhi :zhqjlmx:

Dunno, i can't verify any of that, if does happen its juvenile behavior. Although i am sure rape and sexual assault happens, it is not surprising.

Well diya is a form of taking responsibility which requires for people to change and to repair & adhere and answer to the victim. Although it is not the only way they enact restorative.

Somalis do family group conferences, or restorative conferences.

The offender must be held accountable, the offender must give back in the way prescribed by the victim to make amends. Additionally the offender must also give back to the community, as crime devalues any community. The community is accountable to the victim by assisting in enforcing any reparations agreed upon by the victim, and to the offender by helping the person avoid committing any more crime. In some cases, it may be difficult for the victim to participate in meetings directly, but the system is based on the offender being brought to face the implications of the crime.

So it is very effective at not only rehabilitating the offender but answering directly to the victims trauma by giving reparations & compensations and doing sorry.

SEEING your abuser or just knowing he's out there would negatively affect the victims health. It's common sense, you don't continuously expose people to their sources of trauma that won't help the recovery process at all.

Locking the perpetrator up would insure that the victim peace of mind while they heal AND rehabilitate the offender.

Can you demonstrate that to me how or show some evidence of this. How does locking up and punishing an offender heal someones wound? or even prevent him from commiting the crime again compared to restorative measures of rehabilitation and reparations.

restorative justice about adhering to the needs of those who you hurt. Sometimes the person who can make the greatest contribution to a survivors healing is the person who harmed them.

Mike Hunt

Astra incliant sed non obligant

That's crazy. I remember this one time back in 2014 in Xamar, i was coming back from a party and was headed back to my hotel, when i got to my floor i heard some lady yelling, I came to find out it was a habar i knew from Toronto who usually only chews with other ladies, i slowly approached the door and i seen two drunk dhaqan celis MEN that i know personally ripping her baati and punching her. One of them had his pants down.

Without thinking i crushed the one who was punching her, the other one was a family friend and when he recognized me he just ran. When the security came they said to me in Somali "Why would you get involved? you should of let them do they're thing" The lady was from a tribe up north, and the two men were from a tribe from the south. The hotel was owned by a well known tribe from the south.

The qabilist owner of the hotel said to me the next day "I know you're family, so ill let it slide but next time you beat someone up you're gonna have to leave" I packed up and moved to a different hotel the next day.

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Most laws are usually a combination of both retributative and restorative justice, while one works to compensate the victim you'll also need some form of punishment to work as a deterrence.

Rape was always a problem in Somalia(just like it everywhere else) and the victims were always treated like shit, in fact being forced to marry your rapist wasn't too uncommon back then.
:susp:
If there was any justice in the world we'd shame the perpetrators and not the victims.
:ohlord:

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
That's crazy. I remember this one time back in 2014 in Xamar, i was coming back from a party and was headed back to my hotel, when i got to my floor i heard some lady yelling, I came to find out it was a habar i knew from Toronto who usually only chews with other ladies, i slowly approached the door and i seen two drunk dhaqan celis MEN that i know personally ripping her baati and punching her. One of them had his pants down.

Without thinking i crushed the one who was punching her, the other one was a family friend and when he recognized me he just ran. When the security came they said to me in Somali "Why would you get involved? you should of let them do they're thing" The lady was from a tribe up north, and the two men were from a tribe from the south. The hotel was owned by a well known tribe from the south.

The qabilist owner of the hotel said to me the next day "I know you're family, so ill let it slide but next time you beat someone up you're gonna have to leave" I packed up and moved to a different hotel the next day.
Unbelievable. :ivers:

Honestly to me the craziest part isn't even that it happens or that it's common. What really blew my mind was the attitude lots of people over there have about it. They treat rape like it's some petty, victim-less crime. And to make it worse, most of the time its the poor girl who has her reputation ruined because of it, while the rapist gets to walk around with absolute zero consequences.

I REALLY hate to get negative and self hating, but stuff like this sometimes makes me feel hopeless.:meleshame:

Dhabaal

Most laws are usually a combination of both retributative and restorative justice, while one works to compensate the victim you'll also need some form of punishment to work as a deterrence. Rape was always a problem in Somalia(just like it everywhere else) and the victims were always treated like shit, in fact being forced to marry your rapist wasn't too uncommon back then. If there was any justice in the world we'd shame the perpetrators and not the victims.
:susp::ohlord:

Not necessarily, restorative justice can be on its own. Just like punitive justice, Of course it can also be like you said combined.

Punitive does not help deter criminals more effectively than restorative(look it uo). In fact restorative justice rehabilitates the offender and forces him to change. It also curves re-offenders at a higher rate then punitive measures do.

Punitive(punishment) is passive it does not do anything other than excuse him from his responsibilities and requires not action or change, just lock him and let him root.

Forced marriages is not a common thing nor is it culture it is very rare thing, if it does happens it happens in very poverty stricken places and circumstances.

Mike Hunt

Astra incliant sed non obligant
Unbelievable. :ivers:

Honestly to me the craziest part isn't even that it happens or that it's common. What really blew my mind was the attitude lots of people over there have about it. They treat rape like it's some petty, victim-less crime. And to make it worse, most of the time its the poor girl who has her reputation ruined because of it, while the rapist gets to walk around with absolute zero consequences.

I REALLY hate to get negative and self hating, but stuff like this sometimes makes me feel hopeless.:meleshame:

lol keep you're head up.

Twenty years of war tends to desensitize people. I asked the guard who asked me why i didn't let them do there thing..."What if that was you're sister or cousin" he just changed the subject". The lady ended up losing her marbles because her family who lived up North shunned her after they heard what happend. The two guys were chewing at the beach the next day with two other ladies from there tribe, the one who i fought with squashed it with me.

I really could careless how other people see things, i just do what i feel, you should do the same bro.

Ok paying restitution/compensation(diya) and bribery is two completely separate things. One is to repair something and the other is to solicit.

Compensation is aimed healing trauma and restitution is aimed out covering the expenses of injury,medical, travel, damage etc etc.

. Read:

Crime Victim Compensation

https://victimsofcrime.org/help-for...s-for-crime-victims/crime-victim-compensation

Please read them instead of dismissing them like you always do.

Thank you I read through your source, I l know what restorative justice is :ayaanswag:

You're taking the western form of crime victim compensation and twisting it to fit your narrative. Crime victim compensation requires the offender to actually do time in jail. It is not used as the only form of detergent, that would be ludicrous lol. Diyya is akin to bribery to me hell it's even described as blood money or ransom! How is that anyway to base your justice system on? crimes against society can now be woven away by a measly amount of money :faysalwtf: some skewed sense of justice tch

Can you demonstrate that to me how or show some evidence of this. How does locking up and punishing an offender heal someones wound? or even prevent him from commiting the crime again compared to restorative measures of rehabilitation and reparations.

restorative justice about adhering to the needs of those who you hurt. Sometimes the person who can make the greatest contribution to a survivors healing is the person who harmed them.

:mjlol:I can't believe I need to spell this out for you...

It's common sense, if something is hurting you you remove the source of pain, simple. Locking up the abuser allows the victim time to heal, only then can the offender make efforts to seek forgiveness, after penance.

Punishing the perpetrator can be cathartic and help speed up the healing. It gives people a sense of justice, like they've been righted. I'm surprised I need to spell it out for you... After all sisas is seen as an acceptable alternative for diya, you know and eye for an eye.

But fine I'll humour.. I'll go find some sources to back up my claim.

Dhabaal

Thank you I read through your source, I l know what restorative justice is :ayaanswag:

You're taking the western form of crime victim compensation and twisting it to fit your narrative. Crime victim compensation requires the offender to actually do time in jail. It is not used as the only form of detergent, that would be ludicrous lol. Diyya is akin to bribery to me hell it's even described as blood money or ransom! How is that anyway to base your justice system on? crimes against society can now be woven away by a measly amount of money :faysalwtf: some skewed sense of justice tch

That wasn't a source for restorative justice, that was the definition for compensation. That website wasn't even about restorative justice.

Now restorative compensation does not necessarily require for you to commit jail time, in particular. Unless you combine punitive and restorative measures. Both punitive and restorative can be on it's own. So do with our without.

You were responding to me all this time before you even knew what i meant by it?:cosbyhmm: Do you just argue for the sake of arguing? you should take a second to entertain what people are saying reading into it before your respond.

Here this is a better source if you want grasp what it is.

What is Restorative Justice?

http://www.d.umn.edu/~jmaahs/Correctional Assessment/rj brief.pdf

Restitution is the payment by an offender of a sum of money to compensate the victim for the financial losses caused by the crime. It is justified in a restorative perspective as a method of holding offenders accountable for their wrongdoing, and as a method of repairing the victim's injury. Restitution can be determined in the course of mediation, conferencing or circles; it can also be ordered by a judge. In other words, it is a potentially restorative outcome that may result from either a restorative or a conventional process. Studies have shown that restitution increases victim satisfaction with the justice process. Some studies have shown that the use of restitution was associated with reductions in recidivism. Other studies have shown that when restitution is determined during mediation, it is more likely to actually be paid than when it results from court order alone

:mjlol:E]I can't believe I need to spell this out for you...

It's common sense, if something is hurting you you remove the source of pain, simple. Locking up the abuser allows the victim time to heal, only then can the offender make efforts to seek forgiveness, after penance.

Punishing the perpetrator can be cathartic and help speed up the healing. It gives people a sense of justice, like they've been righted. I'm surprised I need to spell it out for you... After all sisas is seen as an acceptable alternative for diya, you know and eye for an eye.

But fine I'll humour.. I'll go find some sources to back up my claim.

It is true what i am saying, paying reparations help and studies have shown it.

Repairing the Harm Caused by Crime Each of the hallmark restorative justice processes -- victim offender mediation, community or family group conferencing, and peacemaking or sentencing circles -- ends with an agreement on how the offender will make amends for the harm caused by the crime. Two traditional criminal justice sanctions are used in restorative responses to crime: restitution and community service.

Studies have shown that restitution increases victim satisfaction with the justice process. Some studies have shown that the use of restitution was associated with reductions in recidivism. Other studies have shown that when restitution is determined during mediation,

Dhabaal

Now Diya restitution isn't the only method of restorative justice in the Somali community

There are victim offender mediation and most common family group conferences. I mean isn't just simply diya and its funny how just ignored everything i wrote and only focused on that.

You responding to me all this time before you even knew what i meant by it? Do you just argue for the sake of arguing? you should take a second to entertain what people are saying reading into it before your respond.

u kept copy pasting the same bit over and over again :mjlaugh: that's what i was refering to lmaooo. How many times did i need to read "t's isn't about feeling sorry, it is about doing sorry.?" lol

My bad all ur arguments are so repetitive it blurs together in my mind :ayaanswag:

Dhabaal

u kept copy pasting the same bit over and over again :mjlaugh: how many times did i need to read "t's isn't about feeling sorry, it is about doing sorry.?" lol

If you actually read it can be useful.:bell: You dont read anything i post or else you would have offered an informed opinion. Thats why i post these sources and information. You are just a close minded immature bigot

You have no idea what restorarive justice is, instead of humbling yourself and getting informed about it, you make uninformed prematurely casual assumptions, dismissals and judgements because it conflicts with your views.

Status
Not open for further replies.