Somali Expansion Circa: 1700-1940

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally my great-great- great grandfather moved from Somali Ethiopia into Modern day outskirts of Mandera in the late 1700s early 1800s for reasons my family does not know. Do you guys have any other stories of Somali Expansion in your family from the last few Hundred years?

Last edited:

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
My great grandfather and his brother took to the seas, on a Beden ship, when they left Qandala to settle in Kismayo sometime between 1900-1915 ( during the Seyid's war)

Merca

Inactive.
No, unfortunately. However, I’m trying to do genealogical researches. I’m excited to know what my forefathers used to do. :)

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Why was that?

For a number of reasons. Firstly, Majeerteens had been living in lower Juba region, where Kismayo is located, for over 40 years, when the both of them moved to Kismayo.
In the time between the 1860s-1880s, saw a huge wave of MJs, especially northern coast Bari MJs, such as my subclan, Ali Saleeban and also, Wabeeneys, Siwaqroons and Cusman Mahamuuds, settle in the Jubbas. In that time, there was a terrible drought and famine in Bari. So Ogadens, kindly invited us to the Jubbas, as it's a 'barwaqo' region. Later on, there were also Warsangelis and Dhulbahantes followed MJ, down South.

So i guess, both my great grandfather AUN and his brother AUN, wanted to seek new fortunes down South. And it was a pay off. He met and married an Ogaden lady (My greatgrandmother AUN), had my grandfather AUN, who went on to marry a Galjacel lady (My grandma AUN) then they had my father and 6 aunties and uncles. Then my oldman, met a sweet, beautiful Degodi lady, and thus @Armadillo was born, along with his two older brothers and younger sister.

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
For a number of reasons. Firstly, Majeerteens had been living in lower Juba region, where Kismayo is located, for over 40 years, when the both of them moved to Kismayo.
In the time between the 1860s-1880s, saw a huge wave of MJs, especially northern coast Bari MJs, such as my subclan, Ali Saleeban and also, Wabeeneys, Siwaqroons and Cusman Mahamuuds. In that time, there was a terrible drought and famine in Bari. So Ogadens, kindly invited us to the Jubbas, as it's a 'barwaqo' region. Later on, there were also Warsangelis and Dhulbahantes followed MJ, down South.

So i guess, both my great grandfather AUN and his brother AUN, wanted to seek new fortunes down South. And it was a pay off. He met and married an Ogaden lady, had my grandfather AUN, who went on to marry a Galjacel lady (My grandma AUN) then they had my father and 6 aunties and uncles. Then my oldman, met a sweet, beautiful Degodi lady, and thus @Armadillo was born, along with his two older brothers and younger sister.
Warsangelis have moved to the south already by 13th century. Gerad Xamar Gale, known to be origin of Abgaal hartis and warsangelis. Would you say thats true? As yonis agrees with it.

In the time between the 1860s-1880s, saw a huge wave of MJs, especially northern coast Bari MJs, such as my subclan, Ali Saleeban and also, Wabeeneys, Siwaqroons and Cusman Mahamuuds. In that time, there was a terrible drought and famine in Bari. So Ogadens, kindly invited us to the Jubbas, as it's a 'barwaqo' region. Later on, there were also Warsangelis and Dhulbahantes followed MJ, down South.

So i guess, both my great grandfather AUN and his brother AUN, wanted to seek new fortunes down South. And it was a pay off. He met and married an Ogaden lady, had my grandfather AUN, who went on to marry a Galjacel lady (My grandma AUN) then they had my father and 6 aunties and uncles. Then my oldman, met a sweet, beautiful Degodi lady, and thus @Armadillo was born, along with his two older brothers and younger sister.
Nice saxib you know your history, this also proves why Somalis don't need Triblism most of us a mix of clans

Status
Not open for further replies.