Somali Expansion Circa: 1700-1940

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Warsangelis have moved to the south already by 13th century. Gerad Xamar Gale, known to be origin of Abgaal hartis and warsangelis. Would you say thats true? As yonis agrees with it.

13th Century? No bro, that is deeply incorrect. Back in the 13th Century, the Jubbas were home to non Somalis, I think it was a Oromo inhabited area at the time. Darood didn't move down South until at least the 17th or 18th Century. And that was only Ogaden and Marehan. Harti didn't set a single foot in the South until the last 50 years of the 19th Century.

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
13th Century? No bro, that is deeply incorrect. Back in the 13th Century, the Jubbas were home to non Somalis, I think it was a Oromo inhabited area at the time. Darood didn't move down South until at least the 17th or 18th Century. And that was only Ogaden and Marehan. Harti didn't set a single foot in the South until the last 50 years of the 20th Century.
I’m talking about in Warsangelis in Xamar iyo Benadir.
«Hamar Gale was born into a royal Warsangali Darod family, as the son of Gerad Dhidhin, the founder of the Warsangali Sultanate. He succeeded his father as Sultan in 1311.

Hamar Gale's popular nickname "Hamar Gale" or "Xamar Gale" first came about after he departed his clan's traditional strongholds in northern modern-day Somalia for the ancient southeastern city of Mogadishu(popular known as "Xamar") and its environs—an area to which his sobriquet is a direct reference. His nickname thus literally translates as "Mogadishu settler."

After Hamar Gale eventually left Mogadishu, he is believed to have then established a permanent settlement elsewhere. His modern descendants that still reside in the region between the southern middle Shebelle River and the Benadir zone have preserved the Warsangali clan name denoting their ancestral origin. However, they have since completely integrated into the local Abgaal, the main Hawiye sub-clan in Mogadishu.«

Merca

Inactive.
«Hamar Gale was born into a royal Warsangali Darod family, as the son of Gerad Dhidhin, the founder of the Warsangali Sultanate. He succeeded his father as Sultan in 1311.

Hamar Gale's popular nickname "Hamar Gale" or "Xamar Gale" first came about after he departed his clan's traditional strongholds in northern modern-day Somalia for the ancient southeastern city of Mogadishu(popular known as "Xamar") and its environs—an area to which his sobriquet is a direct reference. His nickname thus literally translates as "Mogadishu settler."

After Hamar Gale eventually left Mogadishu, he is believed to have then established a permanent settlement elsewhere. His modern descendants that still reside in the region between the southern middle Shebelle River and the Benadir zone have preserved the Warsangali clan name denoting their ancestral origin. However, they have since completely integrated into the local Abgaal, the main Hawiye sub-clan in Mogadishu.«
Mind blowing :) what about Harti Abgaal then?

Zailah

Exam season guys !
My grandfather was an askari in the colonial Italian East African army I guess and he and his fellow colleagues were caught by the British. He was given two choices; for him to be freed but without any arms but not go to his home of Hiraan or be in the British Army.

He didn’t want either so he basically became a bandit until the end of WW2. He met his first wife before the war but they divorced, he was a single father then, He later met my grandmother who also had a child from another relationship but with her. They married and had 3 more kids, one being my father

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Personally my great-great- great grandfather moved from Somali Ethiopia into Modern day outskirts of Mandera in the late 1700s early 1800s for reasons my family does not know.

They know the reason :reallymaury: usually it was to escape poverty or if they lost a fight, if they weren't being moved due to Colonial powers fucking things up

Keo

VIP
For a number of reasons. Firstly, Majeerteens had been living in lower Juba region, where Kismayo is located, for over 40 years, when the both of them moved to Kismayo.
In the time between the 1860s-1880s, saw a huge wave of MJs, especially northern coast Bari MJs, such as my subclan, Ali Saleeban and also, Wabeeneys, Siwaqroons and Cusman Mahamuuds, settle in the Jubbas. In that time, there was a terrible drought and famine in Bari. So Ogadens, kindly invited us to the Jubbas, as it's a 'barwaqo' region. Later on, there were also Warsangelis and Dhulbahantes followed MJ, down South.
Yep, my dad was born in Kismayo. My paternal grandfather from my dads side lives in Ethiopia and my grandfather from my mothers side live in Qardho, Puntland. He was a soldier but after 1991 he moved to Puntland from Wanlaweyn which is couple km from Mogadishu.

Arma

VIP
Yep, my dad was born in Kismayo. My paternal grandfather from my dads side lives in Ethiopia and my grandfather from my mothers side live in Qardho, Puntland. He was a soldier but after 1991 he moved to Puntland from Wanlaweyn which is couple km from Mogadishu.

I see, is your dad's side of the family, Reer Bidicyahan? Your family sure have travelled around.

Arma

VIP

Wow, that is incredible. I had no idea of this. So this man and his descendants and followers, later became the Harti Abgal subclan?

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
Wow, that is incredible. I had no idea of this. So this man and his descendants and followers, later became the Harti Abgal subclan?
Yes, Yonis describes it as white brits moving to australia. So yes, warsangeli and Harti abgaal are his descended and took Xamar gale’s clan name.

Agent 47

21st Divsion of Somali National Army
Warsangelis have moved to the south already by 13th century. Gerad Xamar Gale, known to be origin of Abgaal hartis and warsangelis. Would you say thats true? As yonis agrees with it.
Yes, Yonis describes it as white brits moving to australia. So yes, warsangeli and Harti abgaal are his descended and took Xamar gale’s clan name.

You do know Abgal is buried in the north? What if abgal is the father of warsangali and when abgal moved to the south, some warsangalis went to the south to find their actual people?

If not how is abgaal buried in the north? was he “Gerard xamar Gale”? :lol:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
You do know Abgal is buried in the north? What if abgal is the father of warsangali and when abgal moved to the south, some warsangalis went to the south to find their actual people?

If not how is abgaal buried in the north? was he “Gerard xamar Gale”? :lol:

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
So you’re going to buy their bullshit? Everyone could say the now warsangali darood are warsangali abgal, we all know abgal is older than warsangali and is buried in the north.

Saaxib I dont talk about qabiil with my parents. If I suddenly come with whats my SUBCLAN SUBCLAN. he will be like df is wrong with you today. anyways both of us may be same sub subclan.

Status
Not open for further replies.