Somali/Cushite Social Media Movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somalis back in Somalia are pretty stupid.. They think that different tribes equals being radically different and they still believe in myths like Isaaq and Darod being Banu Hashim. These so-called confused Westerners on here are closer to reality than most folk in Somalia.
Nah. I can't speak for other people but while my family and others have told me about the Arab myth they also know it's just sheeko. Even taking into account the Arab daddy myth from a 1000 years ago Somalis don't claim to be Arab. We know we're just Somali. Even Somalis historically were hostile to Arabs in our land even they bought into the myth.

Either way Somalis being a part of language family isn't the issue any more than semites being a part of a language family, but creating kinship based on that? :nahgirl:. Talking about I'm a cushite lol. People don't talk like this. It's exclusively young Somalis talking about this. If people want to know your language family they can look it up.

Apollo

VIP
Nah. I can't speak for other people but while my family and others have told me about the Arab myth they also know it's just sheeko. Even taking into account the Arab daddy myth from a 1000 years ago Somalis don't claim to be Arab. We know we're just Somali. Even Somalis historically were hostile to Arabs in our land even they bought into the myth.

Either way Somalis being a part of language family isn't the issue any more than semites being a part of a language family, but creating kinship based on that? :nahgirl:. Talking about I'm a cushite lol. People don't talk like this. It's exclusively young Somalis talking about this. If people want to know your language family they can look it up.

Somalia got into the Arab League due to those dumb myths.. Even the elites believed in them. It was not simply for geopolitical reasons, but elites believing We Wuz Banu Hashim.

Identity-wise, that stuff is far worse and misguided than the Pan-Horners / Pan-Cushites on here.

Somalia got into the Arab League due to those dumb myths.. Even the elites believed in them. It was not simply for geopolitical reasons, but elites believing We Wuz Banu Hashim.

Identity-wise, that stuff is far worse and misguided than the Pan-Horners / Pan-Cushites on here.
They joined for political reasons. Arabs accepted us for their reasons. Either way you won't find many Somalis saying they're Arab regardless of what ancient myth they believe in. How about yall do the same and just be Somali? Further, pan-horners and pan-cushites is something 99% of the time coming from yall and not from others. I have no kinship or connection to Afars, Bejas, Sahos, and Oromos other than neighbourliness and it's weird because Somalis are in a better position than all of those groups. We gain nothing from them. Just be proud to be Somali damn it! Waad waalantihiin.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
They joined for political reasons. Arabs accepted us for their reasons. Either way you won't find many Somalis saying they're Arab regardless of what ancient myth they believe in. How about yall do the same and just be Somali? Further, pan-horners and pan-cushites is something 99% of the time coming from yall and not from others. I have no kinship or connection to Afars, Bejas, Sahos, and Oromos other than neighbourliness and it's weird because Somalis are in a better position than all of those groups. We gain nothing from them. Just be proud to be Somali damn it! Waad waalantihiin.
just be proud to be somali didnt work :manny:

it got somalis in the arab league to be part of something then an identity crisis that lead to a civil war and somalis identifying as their qabils leading to the deaths of millions:draketf:

result nationalist state experiment failure :mjlol:

apparently you need more than an ethnicity , you need a racial and ethnic identity both go in hand

How do you explain the Reer Xamar people and the Reer Barawa?
These people claim to be Arab mixed with Somalis :eek:

just be proud to be somali didnt work :manny:

it got somalis in the arab league to be part of something then an identity crisis that lead to a civil war and somalis identifying as their qabils leading to the deaths of millions:draketf:

result nationalist state experiment failure :mjlol:

apparently you need more than an ethnicity , you need a racial and ethnic identity both go in hand

:farmajoyaab: An identity crisis from the Arab League led to a civil war? Nothing you wrote makes sense. How old are you?
How do you explain the Reer Xamar people and the Reer Barawa?
These people claim to be Arab mixed with Somalis :eek:

I don't get it. What's your point?

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
:farmajoyaab: An identity crisis from the Arab League led to a civil war? Nothing you wrote makes sense. How old are you?

what did the arab league do somalias arab league allies where no where to be seen during the ogaden war with ethiopia infact it left somalia alone to fight of kenya and ethiopia :gaasdrink:

tribilism is linked to an idenitity crisis thats lead to somalis claiming migrant arab qabils and fighitng amongst eachother, the somali identity itself failed as the arabs rejected the somalis

instead of cryinng about cushites why dont you debunk the arab myth:mahubowtf:

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
you reatard clearly just bieng somali failed

if it lead to acivil war and somalis dividing eachother :gaasdrink:

everyone else ha sa racial annd ethnic identity
race is the cornerstone for a successful nationalist state

england = indo european "white" ethnicity english
russia= indeo europeans "white" ethnicity russian
pakistan indo aryan ethnicity pakistani
somalia = cushite ethnicity somali

whats wrong with that

you reatard clearly just bieng somali failed

if it lead to acivil war and somalis dividing eachother :gaasdrink:

everyone else ha sa racial annd ethnic identity
race is the cornerstone for a successful nationalist state

england = indo european "white" ethnicity english
russia= indeo europeans "white" ethnicity russian
pakistan indo aryan ethnicity pakistani
somalia = cushite ethnicity somali

whats wrong with that

what did the arab league do somalias arab league allies where no where to be seen during the ogaden war with ethiopia infact it left somalia alone to fight of kenya and ethiopia :gaasdrink:

tribilism is linked to an idenitity crisis thats lead to somalis claiming migrant arab qabils and fighitng amongst eachother, the somali identity itself failed as the arabs rejected the somalis

instead of cryinng about cushites why dont you debunk the arab myth:mahubowtf:
Somalis were fighting based on their Arab daddy myth? and Bejas, Afars, Oromos will help out Somalis under the banner of cushiticism something they know nothing about or care about where the Arabs whose aid you were expecting failed? These groups that are currently fighting Somalis? Are you crazy? The Arab myth has been debunked. Learn to stand on your own.

This is all irrelevant and internet talk anyways so I'm done here. I just don't like to see my people embarrass themselves but since yall are hellbent on doing so good luck and godspeed! Like my first comment in this topic yall will embarrass yourselves with this at some point.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Somalis were fighting based on their Arab daddy myth? and Bejas, Afars, Oromos will help out Somalis under the banner of cushiticism something they know nothing about or care about where the Arabs whose aid you were expecting failed? These groups that are currently fighting Somalis. Are you crazy? The Arab myth has been debunked. Learn to stand on your own.

This is all irrelevant anyways so I'm done here. I just don't like to see my people embarrass themselves but since yall are hellbent on doing so good luck and godspeed! Like my first comment in this topic yall will embarrass yourselves with this at some point.
stop talking about other cushites

why dont you try to help the tribal situation by educating somalis
instead of attacking somalis who are helping to educate somalis about their cushite identity

now ask me this question why donty you try to debunk the arab myth maybe explore some alternatives other the cushites and bring that to the table:gaasdrink:

i would love to listen to youre proposal for the ongoing racial question untill then stay out and stop derailing :mahubowtf:

Wallahi I'm so bored i didn't meant to upset any of you. is late-night here maybe i will just go and watch a movie, I'm so shataan before i put fire everywhere i need to get out of here.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
@NFD
who said we are not proud somalis what does cushites have to do woth not bieng proud to be somali people want to know more then that
are somalis arabs? are somalis black? what are somalis ?:faysalwtf:

so we have to show them how somalis became somalis,

what does this have to do with not bieng proud of bieng somali :mahubowtf:

A paucity of written historical evidence forces the student of early Somalia to depend on the findings of archeology, anthropology, historical linguistics, and related disciplines. Such evidence has provided insights that in some cases have refuted conventional explanations of the origins and evolution of the Somali people. For example, where historians once believed that the Somalis originated on the Red Sea's western coast, or perhaps in southern Arabia, it now seems clear that the ancestral homeland of the Somalis, together with affiliated Cushite peoples, was in the highlands of southern Ethiopia, specifically in the lake regions. Similarly, the once-common notion that the migration and settlement of early Mus,lims followers of the Prophet Muhammad on the Somali coast in the early centuries of Islam had a significant impact on the Somalis no longer enjoys much academic support. Scholars now recognize that the Arab factor--except for the Somalis' conversion to Islam--is marginal to understanding the Somali past. Furthermore, conventional wisdom once held that Somali migrations followed a north-to-south route; the reverse of this now appears to be nearer the truth.

Increasingly, evidence places the Somalis within a wide family of peoples called Eastern Cushites by modern linguists and described earlier in some instances as Hamites. From a broader cultural-linguistic perspective, the Cushite family belongs to a vast stock of languages and peoples considered Afro-Asiatic. Afro-Asiatic languages in turn include Cushitic (principally Somali, Oromo, and Afar), the Hausa language of Nigeria, and the Semitic languages of Arabic, Hebrew, and Amharic. Medieval Arabs referred to the Eastern Cushites as the Berberi.

In addition to the Somalis, the Cushites include the largely nomadic Afar (Danakil), who straddle the Great Rift Valley between Ethiopia and Djibouti; the Oromo, who have played such a large role in Ethiopian history and in the 1990s constituted roughly one-half of the Ethiopian population and were also numerous in northern Kenya; the Reendille (Rendilli) of Kenya; and the Aweera (Boni) along the Lamu coast in Kenya. The Somalis belong to a subbranch of the Cushites, the Omo-Tana group, whose languages are almost mutually intelligible. The original home of the Omo-Tana group appears to have been on the Omo and Tana rivers, in an area extending from Lake Turkana in present-day northern Kenya to the Indian Ocean coast.

The Somalis form a subgroup of the Omo-Tana called Sam. Having split from the main stream of Cushite peoples about the first half of the first millennium B.C., the proto-Sam appear to have spread to the grazing plains of northern Kenya, where protoSam communities seem to have followed the Tana River and to have reached the Indian Ocean coast well before the first century A.D. On the coast, the proto-Sam splintered further; one group (the Boni) remained on the Lamu Archipelago, and the other moved northward to populate southern Somalia. There the group's members eventually developed a mixed economy based on farming and animal husbandry, a mode of life still common in southern Somalia. Members of the proto-Sam who came to occupy the Somali Peninsula were known as the so-called Samaale, or Somaal, a clear reference to the mythical father figure of the main Somali clan-families, whose name gave rise to the term Somali.

The Samaale again moved farther north in search of water and pasturelands. They swept into the vast Ogaden (Ogaadeen) plains, reaching the southern shore of the Red Sea by the first century A.D. German scholar Bernd Heine, who wrote in the 1970s on early Somali history, observed that the Samaale had occupied the entire Horn of Africa by approximately 100 A.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts