Somali Boys are such an embarrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you said is very true. This reminds of my Ghanaian friend . She was telling me how she believed in child witches, and she was like all Africans believe in this. I said Somalis don't believe in all the child witch crap and she told me Somalis are not "real" African.

Somalis in some ways are not as caawan as the madow, we don't burn witches and we don't cut up albinos for good luck, neither do we believe sleeping with virgins cures aids. Nevertheless, it stands as a fact that we are in very sorry state, even worse than most of these primitive African countries. So my question still stand, what the hell is wrong with us Somalis and what does it take to fix this mess?

Good points sis. We are definitely not cawaan like them that's for sure. I just think the war we lost in 77 and the subsequent collapse of the government in 91 precipitated a series of cultural, environmental and socio-economic disasters that are impossible to solve without a central government. A nation without a government is like a group of children with no parents, it's bound to be a disaster no matter how good, bright and outstanding those kids could have been.

Gambar

VIP
I agree, but I don't think Somalis are as primitve as you think. Madow waa madow meel kasta oo uu joogo sheekadoodu ma dhaafto wax la cuno, iyo wax la fuulo iyo futada oo la ruxo, whether in the West or Africa. Laakiin Somalis I believe are in an intermediary stage between primitive and civilized and their environment ends up determining which side wins out. Look at the Somalis in Nairobi, filthy rich and educated. Same with the Somalis in Dubai and Qatar. Because there's no welfare there, thus no family breakdown and also the filthy degenerate hip-hop culture is not a way of life there. Compare those Somalis to the ones in the West and it's night and day.
Somalis are not filthy rich and educated in Nairobi, it’s only a minority. Many are struggling day to say to make ends meet, they have no sharci and the police come to bother them to get bribes or else they’re thrown in prison. Sijui Somalis snitch on Somalis without sharci. The KDF routinely attacks Somalis living in NFD. The ones who are rich are the ones from other East African countries, but they cannot speak Somali and they’ve lost their culture (hence sijui). Somalis talk so much shidh about madow iyo Madow yet 5/10 Somali boys aspire to be a rapper or pretend to be a drug dealer or own a traphouse. Kala doorta! Ama waad necebtihin ama waad jeceshihiin.

The difference is, no welfare and family values is part of the African fabric, same with Arabs. Many regular Somalis are living in those countries without sharci for decades only to be forcefully repatriated or deported. Their life hangs in the balance of some man who either approves their stay or denies it every year. Wallahi we have it so good here. There’s just too much kibir and generally a lack of work ethic and responsibility. I think it has a lot to do with the stubborn nomad culture. My dad’s side are not nomads (they fish) and they are a lot calmer, quieter, understand. My moms side are nomads and they are extremely loud, fly off the handle, and are very stubborn.

Some Somali men have seen that the state will care for their children so they don’t provide as mandatory because of the deen. Maybe my parents were lucky because when they came here they were 20/21.

Somali men go back home and marry multiple wives and support them through caydh or whatever, but they don’t even know their children’s grades, their favourite food, their colour, or even their birthdays. Somali men need to step up. The majority of f*ck ups are making the rest look bad and it reflects poorly on the community. This is why Somalia as a whole (including Somaliland) is still in perpetual disarray.:kanyeshrug:

Ah, but you see. Those women wouldn't be in that situation to begin with if it wasn't for Somali men starting the civil war back home. Check mate, still your fault.

You're right. How can I forget Somali women are mindless sheep with no agency. Down with Patriarchy! Down with Misogynoir! Gang Gang! #SomaliKweenz

What you said is very true. This reminds of my Ghanaian friend . She was telling me how she believed in child witches, and she was like all Africans believe in this. I said Somalis don't believe in all the child witch crap and she told me Somalis are not "real" African.

Somalis in some ways are not as caawan as the madow, we don't burn witches and we don't cut up albinos for good luck, neither do we believe sleeping with virgins cures aids. Nevertheless, it stands as a fact that we are in very sorry state, even worse than most of these primitive African countries. So my question still stand, what the hell is wrong with us Somalis and what does it take to fix this mess?

Primitive imo is somewhere like South Africa where they may have achieved considerable economic and political progression but large swathes of the country remain no-go zones and criminality is rampant to the extent that it's deemed the rape capital of the world. Somalia suffers from relatively superficial wounds in comparison. At our core, I don't believe we are primitive or backwards people but rather that we have adopted inferior cultural practises with our migration to the west.

I agree with @Jodeci and @Asma that Somali men have failed their country and their women and their kids. But that's because I believe in patriarchy, which means men should be the leaders and take responsibility for those they are leading, and when thing go right they get praised and when things go wrong they have to accept the blame. But u two are feminists, why do u want to blame men as if we are responsible for you? Aren't you two against patriarchy?

I am against patriarchy. I don't think the solution lies in more of it but less . However, Somalia is a very patriarchal society, men hold all the key positions, so when there is cock up, why shouldn't we blame the people responsible? Said Barre and his opponents were all men. SS, HSM, Farmaajo are all men, women don't run the show, so why would I blame Somali women.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Lol

First step in getting better is acknowledging that there is a disease. How can we fight the cancer if we believe to be perfectly healthy?

There is nothing wrong with criticising ourselves. We need to criticise to find solutions. The truth is there are deep problems in the Somali culture and the Somali way of life. If we don't come together as a people, there won't be anything called Somalia anymore.

I don't believe we are healthy. There are some deep rooted issues in Somalia. And to be honest, the way things are going right now i don't see the situation improving anytime soon.

So many foreign actors want Somalia to fail, and corrupt Somali leaders are willing to keep the status quo going as long as they profit. It will be difficult, but i do believe it's fixable. And i don't think biological retardation is keeping us back.

Somalis are not filthy rich and educated in Nairobi, it’s only a minority. Many are struggling day to say to make ends meet, they have no sharci and the police come to bother them to get bribes or else they’re thrown in prison. Sijui Somalis snitch on Somalis without sharci. The KDF routinely attacks Somalis living in NFD. The ones who are rich are the ones from other East African countries, but they cannot speak Somali and they’ve lost their culture (hence sijui). Somalis talk so much shidh about madow iyo Madow yet 5/10 Somali boys aspire to be a rapper or pretend to be a drug dealer or own a traphouse. Kala doorta! Ama waad necebtihin ama waad jeceshihiin.

The difference is, no welfare and family values is part of the African fabric, same with Arabs. Many regular Somalis are living in those countries without sharci for decades only to be forcefully repatriated or deported. Their life hangs in the balance of some man who either approves their stay or denies it every year. Wallahi we have it so good here. There’s just too much kibir and generally a lack of work ethic and responsibility. I think it has a lot to do with the stubborn nomad culture. My dad’s side are not nomads (they fish) and they are a lot calmer, quieter, understand. My moms side are nomads and they are extremely loud, fly off the handle, and are very stubborn.

Some Somali men have seen that the state will care for their children so they don’t provide as mandatory because of the deen. Maybe my parents were lucky because when they came here they were 20/21.

Somali men go back home and marry multiple wives and support them through caydh or whatever, but they don’t even know their children’s grades, their favourite food, their colour, or even their birthdays. Somali men need to step up. The majority of f*ck ups are making the rest look bad and it reflects poorly on the community. This is why Somalia as a whole (including Somaliland) is still in perpetual disarray.:kanyeshrug:

A lot of what u say is true. But my main point is we are not cawaan like the madows, and that the environment Somalis live in influences us a lot. I also think you are downplaying the achievements of Somalis in Kenya and other African countries. We are literally known as the Jews of Kenya by the Kikuyu and other major ethnic groups of Kenya. That's a major achievement, so let's not downplay it. We need to see the good, not just the bad.

Gambar

VIP
Somali younger sisters pay the bills of their older brothers :lolbron:look at the abomination of our community :drakelaugh:
They are probably forced to by their parents (their moms who aren’t free from fault either).

When the dad goes back to Africa, the same place he was allegedly “fleeing violence from”, the older brothers have to step in as the father figure. The mums usually allow them to do whatever they want, and sometimes have them beat up their younger sisters and probably pay bills too. Basically, the family crumbles because the dad bailed on his responsibility.

Primitive imo is somewhere like South Africa where they may have achieved considerable economic and political progression but large swathes of the country remain no-go zones and criminality is rampant to the extent that it's deemed the rape capital of the world. Somalia suffers from relatively superficial wounds in comparison. At our core, I don't believe we are primitive or backwards people but rather that we have adopted inferior cultural practises with our migration to the west.

Exactly. Well said. Also, it's important to point out that the economy and political institutions of South Africa are entirely the achievement of the cadaans there, and things have been progressively getting worse ever since they handed over power to the madows in 1994. The only reason there hasn't been a total collapse is because cadaans still hold keys positions and jobs that keep things going.

They are probably forced to by their parents (their moms who aren’t free from fault either).

When the dad goes back to Africa, the same place he was allegedly “fleeing violence from”, the older brothers have to step in as the father figure. The mums usually allow them to do whatever they want, and sometimes have them beat up their younger sisters and probably pay bills too. Basically, the family crumbles because the dad bailed on his responsibility.

My friend once told me about families where that happens. I couldn't believe my ears. It was the day I realised Somalis have a class system too. Some Somali families in the west were the trashy low class families back in Somalia and they brought there Jerry Springer ways with them.

Gambar

VIP
A lot of what u say is true. But my main point is we are not cawaan like the madows, and that the environment Somalis live in influences us a lot. I also think you are downplaying the achievements of Somalis in Kenya and other African countries. We are literally known as the Jews of Kenya by the Kikuyu and other major ethnic groups of Kenya. That's a major achievement, so let's not downplay it. We need to see the good, not just the bad.
The Jews of Tanzania, Uganda, even Rwanda but not Kenya. Trust me sxb, I’ve been to all of these places. Somalis are doing best especially in Uganda and Tanzania. East Leigh has a lot of businesses but there’s no running water for months and the government doesn’t even respect them. In Tanzania and Kenya are a different story.

Historically Somalis were never considered madow so we had a leg up and could open businesses, go to the white parts of town, travel freely. That generational wealth was passed down. For example, Amina Hersi Mooge’s own mother was a business woman without a basic education, she made sure her daughter got a secondary education and she moved from Kenya to Uganda and became a property tycoon. The last estimate of her net worth was about $200 million.

Somalis also do well in Oman too, they have fully integrated into that country to the point where they’re given birth right citizenship and they’re mayors of towns.

I am not downplaying Somali people’s achievements. Look at Ahmed Hussein, he came to Canada when he was a teen by himself and struggled without his family. He worked his way up to minister. He lived in Regent Park which is one of the worst ghettos in Toronto. Hadaad adiga tahay qof masuul ah, these influences won’t get hold of you especially if your parents keep you busy in homework club, balayo club, fataad iyo fatuud club.

I’m the oldest in my family of seven siblings, my mum and dad always told me I’m an influence to my younger siblings. My parents were freshies when they came in ‘88 so they raised me like a Somali would, at the age of 4 I was an adult to them and they wouldn’t speak to me like a baby. It’s despicable seeing a Somali mum speaking broken English to her kid to be ilbax. That’s why the culture is lost.

My friend once told me about families where that happens. I couldn't believe my ears. It was the day I realised Somalis have a class system too. Some Somali families in the west were the trashy low class families back in Somalia and they brought there Jerry Springer ways with them.

Very very good point. Because of our egalitarian clan system Somalis don't see or perceive class and thus we never use it as a conceptual lens to analyze Somali society. But social classes do exist within our communities, each with their own sub-culture and norms. I think this is becoming more and more evident in the West, where the trashy Somalis are joining the madow underclass and the Somalis whose parents were educated and had strong Somali dhaqan are becoming middle and upper middle class.

Very very good point. Because of our egalitarian clan system Somalis don't see or perceive class and thus we never use it as a conceptual lens to analyze Somali society. But social classes do exist within our communities, each with their own sub-culture and norms. I think this is becoming more and more evident in the West, where the trashy Somalis are joining the madow underclass and the Somalis whose parents were educated and had strong Somali dhaqan are becoming middle and upper middle class.

Yep, my mum told me about the trashy families that use to fight in the middle of the streets of Xamar. All the respectable families use to just look at them with horror.

Gambar

VIP

Actually, Somalis like to hide a lot of shidh, but during the afweyne era where everything was going downhill a lot of people were openly drinking and chewing. Some of his biggest stooges were functioning alcoholics. There were houses too. They were left over by the Italians. That’s why the religious fanatics were able to fill that vacuum because people wanted that kind of low class open behavior to stop. Somalis always had a huge addiction problem. It’s nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending