Somali atheist girl makes a thread about why she don't like sleeping with MUSLIM MEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dee ina adeer that's what scares me the most! You can try your best but the environment is a big factor when raising children. I don't want them end up with no guidance and no culture. You can take your kids to malcaamad everyday after school but if the environment is bad (i.e. low income housing) it will ultimately play the biggest role. May Allah protect our children. Ameen dheh!
AMIN. In the dugsis, they don't learn manners. That's for certain. I pray there at the mosque quite a lot and it takes so much effort from the male teachers to get the boys lined up for prayers and not talk. They start yelling and fighting right after prayers are over. I noticed whenever I pray at the pakistani mosque, the somali kids there aren't as loud and obnoxious as the somali kids n the somali mosques. I think it's just safer to raise them back home and only bring them back for university. If they go bad then, at least you can't blame yourself for keeping them around gaalo.

Gambar

VIP
AMIN. In the dugsis, they don't learn manners. That's for certain. I pray there at the mosque quite a lot and it takes so much effort from the male teachers to get the boys lined up for prayers and not talk. They start yelling and fighting right after prayers are over. I noticed whenever I pray at the pakistani mosque, the somali kids there aren't as loud and obnoxious as the somali kids n the somali mosques. I think it's just safer to raise them back home and only bring them back for university. If they go bad then, at least you can't blame yourself for keeping them around gaalo.

Malcaamad is used as day care walaal, the kids are allowed to roam free and the parents just use it as a time to themselves so of course they don't learn manners. I make sure not to pray at Somali masjids filled with children because it is a headache and there is no respect, I just end up leaving angry. The optimal time for a Somali to come here is when they are 18, because kids grow up fast back home so they are already mentally adults and responsible. They are also more able to be better adjusted to life here because they speak both English and Somali and there's a purpose which is to get a degree and go back.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
This entire thread:
giphy.gif

Malcaamad is used as day care walaal, the kids are allowed to roam free and the parents just use it as a time to themselves so of course they don't learn manners. I make sure not to pray at Somali masjids filled with children because it is a headache and there is no respect, I just end up leaving angry. The optimal time for a Somali to come here is when they are 18, because kids grow up fast back home so they are already mentally adults and responsible. They are also more able to be better adjusted to life here because they speak both English and Somali and there's a purpose which is to get a degree and go back.
exactly! it's a daycare place. Also the indians do that sending their kids for degrees only and then telling them to go back a lot.
That'd even help somalia as a whole because those degree holders would be making jobs. A lot of us need to think like that.

Gambar

VIP
exactly! it's a daycare place. Also the indians do that sending their kids for degrees only and then telling them to go back a lot.
That'd even help somalia as a whole because those degree holders would be making jobs. A lot of us need to think like that.

That is why Abaarso in Somaliland is such a good platform and a good example of what we should be doing in every corner of the Somali territories.

That is why Abaarso in Somaliland is such a good platform and a good example of what we should be doing in every corner of the Somali territories.
yes. Every major and even moderate city should have something like that. We really need to start talking the talk. I hope for peace to become the new norm wallahi, that's where it all starts.

Gambar

VIP
yes. Every major and even moderate city should have something like that. We really need to start talking the talk. I hope for peace to become the new norm wallahi, that's where it all starts.

The problem is, do these diaspora Somalis who grew up here understand the culture, can they speak Somali? That is the most important thing, you have to be culturally competent hadii kale shacabka soomaaliyeed yeeli mayaan. I have gone many times, I have met with Edna Aden and spoken to regular people and they were very proud to know I was born here and I am able to communicate so well and understand the culture.

You cannot help Somalis if you don't know Somali culture, don't understand their metaphors, proverbs, etc. The ones who do plan to go back have to make sure they become at least proficient in Somali and the culture then they can help them.

You can marry a Somali person but if the both of you are from the diaspora and don't speak Somali, the culture might as well be dead. The only ones going back should be the ones with skills, certificates, or degrees.

The problem is, do these diaspora Somalis who grew up here understand the culture, can they speak Somali? That is the most important thing, you have to be culturally competent hadii kale shacabka soomaaliyeed yeeli mayaan. I have gone many times, I have met with Edna Aden and spoken to regular people and they were very proud to know I was born here and I am able to communicate so well and understand the culture.

You cannot help Somalis if you don't know Somali culture, don't understand their metaphors, proverbs, etc. The ones who do plan to go back have to make sure they become at least proficient in Somali and the culture then they can help them.

You can marry a Somali person but if the both of you are from the diaspora and don't speak Somali, the culture might as well be dead. The only ones going back should be the ones with skills, certificates, or degrees.
True but it's like the chicken/egg question. How does this generation and the generations after them help their people back home if we don't raise them back home so they can learn everything you just mentioned?

Gambar

VIP
True but it's like the chicken/egg question. How does this generation and the generations after them help their people back home if we don't raise them back home so they can learn everything you just mentioned?

They need to go back to the country and learn the language first.

They need to go back to the country and learn the language first.
exatly. If we create a culture where raising your kids back home is seen as an advantage and a good thing, then more parents will raise their kids home. Once that becomes a thing, the next generation is at least half saved. They have the culture, the language and that sense of belonging that majority of the diaspora kids do not have, and the education from the west. They have it all marka.

Gambar

VIP
exatly. If we create a culture where raising your kids back home is seen as an advantage and a good thing, then more parents will raise their kids home. Once that becomes a thing, the next generation is at least half saved. They have the culture, the language and that sense of belonging that majority of the diaspora kids do not have, and the education from the west. They have it all marka.

Somalis are sheep, they will copy anything, so if they see these successful kids bringing home skills, jobs, and economic self-sufficiency to their community they'll copy them.

Somalis are sheep, they will copy anything, so if they see these successful kids bringing home skills, jobs, and economic self-sufficiency to their community they'll copy them.
Good. copying good things are good lol. tell your girlfriends when you take your kids there since girls copy each other the most.:mjlol:

VixR

Veritas
:deadosama:

When will you all stop feeling defined by what ppl post on Twittter? I never understood Twitter, but buckle your seatbelts everyone; there's gonna be more of this as people become more and more open with their every passing thought, and what they put out there, that being whole function of platforms like Twitter.

I don't hang out with diasporans, all my friends are FOBs so I don't forget Somali. :icon lol:
you can't really forget somali once you become fluent. It's to save to ditch your fob friends now since it sounds like they were being used.:mjlaugh:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Somali men have far more less bad reputation than somali women... yes some Farah's are known to be lazy, drug dealers and alcoholics ( not that bad in the west anyway) but that's about it... but somali women are on a whole different league they known for being all from being loud mouth, cheap, cultural appropriation, less religious, self hate and very long list:comeon:

Somali women have a worse reputation than Somali men? Sxb what are you smoking? :ayaanswag:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
This is a perfect reminder:

The women asked, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?"

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/6/9

:siilaanyolaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.