So my cousin back home wants to marry his cousin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly whilst cousin marriages was something that did happen, it rarely happened to the extent that it is happening now

Like I said the last 30yrs is not a true reflection of Somali culture.

I don't have a problem with cousin marriages, but it is encouraged to marry from outside. We shouldn't become like the Pakistanis, they have a high rate of disability due to this.
I would encourage cousin marriage because you have more in common values and beliefs.

I agree that its more today but it was always part of our Culture

I would encourage cousin marriage because you have more in common values and beliefs.

I agree that its more today but it was always part of our Culture

One off cousin marriages here and there is completely fine. And of course it is halal.

However, too much of it can weaken the gene pool. Fresh blood is needed.

One off cousin marriages here and there is completely fine. And of course it is halal.

However, too much of it can weaken the gene pool. Fresh blood is needed.
I dont care much for fresh gene pool. It is whatever. As long as its somali only. Idc.
Waan ku fahmay sii fiican

I dont care much for fresh gene pool. It is whatever. As long as its somali only. Idc.
Waan ku fahmay sii fiican

By fresh blood i mean other Somalis not related to you.

If not we will be inbred with high disability rates. I've seen the effects of this first hand.

Everything is the qadr of Allah, but we should still be conscious of our health and our offsprings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending