Snacks Updated DNA results

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
so my moms lineage leads back to Yemen?
Nope, maternal haplogroup follows the women your mum traces to (mother to mother) and not your mums paternal haplogroup. Your mums ancestors probably married an Arab at some point

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
When they say Somali T crossed from South Arabia - does that mean they're Sabeans or some ancient group from Yemen??

Hot take: I think the Somali T is descended from an archaic North Levantine/Anatolian/Caucasian lineage that ended up in some Semitic populations, in small amounts. That's why it's most prominent in some Armenian, Assyrian, Iraqi and Iranian populations. Ancient Caucasians have been moving into the Middle East since the Sumerians (who themselves might be of Caucasian origin).

It's also why some random 100% Georgian person is like my 4th cousin on 23andme hehe.

Hot take: I think the Somali T is descended from an archaic North Levantine/Anatolian/Caucasian lineage that ended up in some Semitic populations, in small amounts. That's why it's most prominent in some Armenian, Assyrian, Iraqi and Iranian populations. Ancient Caucasians have been moving into the Middle East since the Sumerians (who themselves might be of Caucasian origin).

It's also why some random 100% Georgian person is like my 4th cousin on 23andme hehe.
I got some white cousins as well, but most of my cousins were Somali/Arab

Agree. Also 23andme calls People with HGs T, J2 and G as Mesapotamian/Anatolian/
Iranian/Caucasian, They played very well in the ancient Civilizations together with E-M123
Cananites,

alien

📍outer space
VIP
I have a question. So for @Snacks your raw Dna. do you have more near east DNA than average somalis because your haplogroups traces back to Yemeni/saudi

The T1 laangaabs are basically assimilated sheegaad .
we the beesha Barakaysan ee J1 are the real Semite .
tenor.gif

:win:

Trending