Snacks Updated DNA results

admixture1.PNG
admixture2.PNG

^ That looks to be my raw dna ancient admixture
ss1.PNG
ss2.PNG
ss3.PNG

@Apollo Since you asked me to upload my raw DNA into the mtDNA thing, it came with these results ^

Apollo

VIP
yeah I have the basic 60% somali 40% arab admixture that everyone else has

but let me know what the mt details say, Im curious :hmm:

Looks like your maternal lineage is not an ancient Cushitic R0a version (like R0a2p), but it is this one:

Only found in Yemen so far and those two Yemenis match each other around 4,000 years ago. This rules out that your maternal lineage is Cushitic.

It looks like your maternal lineage entered the Horn via the Bab-el-Mandeb and not via the Sinai.

Looks like your maternal lineage is not an ancient Cushitic R0a version (like R0a2p), but it is this one:

Only found in Yemen so far and those two Yemenis match each other around 4,000 years ago. This rules out that your maternal lineage is Cushitic.

It looks like your maternal lineage entered the Horn via the Bab-el-Mandeb and not via the Sinai.
This is getting more and more interesting, so my moms lineage leads back to Yemen? How can I find out about my dads side? Where does his shit lead back to? This is too good

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apollo

VIP
This is getting more and more interesting, so my moms lineage leads back to Yemen? How can I find out about my dads side? Where does his shit lead back to? This is too good

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

@anonimo is the expert on the Somali T lineage.

But it is believed to be also Arabian and also entered via the Bab-el-Mandeb and not via the Sinai. Southwest Saudi Arabia is the current theory for the Somali version of T.

@anonimo is the expert on the Somali T lineage.

But it is believed to be also Arabian and also entered via the Bab-el-Mandeb and not via the Sinai. Southwest Saudi Arabia is the current theory for the Somali version of T.
is their a site to where I can upload my raw dna to and find out my lineage? like I did with the mtDNA thing?

Apollo

VIP
is their a site to where I can upload my raw dna to and find out my lineage? like I did with the mtDNA thing?

I wouldn't bother. It would cost extra money.

You are subtype R0a2l within R0a2. So far only found in two Yemenis who match each other 4,100 years ago.

Semites moved from the Levant into Arabia around ~6,000 years ago. So it is unlikely to be a Sinai-Egypt-proto-Cushitic lineage. More likely Neolithic Levant-proto-Semite-Arabian-South-Semitic-Bab el Mandeb route.

I wouldn't bother. It would cost extra money.

You are subtype R0a2l within R0a2. So far only found in two Yemenis who match each other 4,100 years ago.

Semites moved from the Levant into Arabia around ~6,000 years ago. So it is unlikely to be a Sinai-Egypt-proto-Cushitic lineage. More likely Neolithic Levant-proto-Semite-Arabian-South-Semitic-Bab el Mandeb route.
:hmm: so if both my lineages go back to the middle east, how did I end up as somali? and can I claim ana arab? :hmm:

Apollo

VIP
:hmm: so if both my lineages go back to the middle east, how did I end up as somali? and can I claim ana arab? :hmm:

It is just maternal in a direct/straight line (doesn't count your father's mother for instance) and paternal in a direct line (doesn't count your mother's father).

It is not your full ancestry, just partial. Autosomal / whole genome is the whole picture.

Apollo

VIP
Same. I don't want any. I want to be pure somali :mjcry:

Snacks is a pure Somali on the whole genome level. He scored 100% Somali on 23andMe.

It is just haplogroups that differ between Somalis. Not the autosomal part (all the other 22 chromosomes).

It is just maternal in a direct/straight line (doesn't count your father's mother for instance) and paternal in a direct line (doesn't count your mother's father).

It is not your full ancestry, just partial. Autosomal / whole genome is the whole picture.
How do I get the whole genome? I'll gladly pay for it and post my full results here

Apollo

VIP
:ohhhdamn: damn nigga, these companies hating on me

:hahaidiot: but ima claim ana arab now, time to marry a yemini woman to go back to my roots and have the ultimate half somali half yemini landheere dir children

Habibti who fled the Yemeni Civil War of 2,500 BCE is your great grannie. :dead:

Trending

Latest posts