Snacks Updated DNA results

Is there any evidence to suggest that the T in Somalia is related to the Semites? Just because we are matched with someone from Saudi Arabia what does that prove? Those matches could easily be people who are originally Somali and migrated and integrated within the Arab tribal structure.

Am I wrong?
Please do clarify.

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
Is there any evidence to suggest that the T in Somalia is related to the Semites? Just because we are matched with someone from Saudi Arabia what does that prove? Those matches could easily be people who are originally Somali and migrated and integrated within the Arab tribal structure.

Am I wrong?
Please do clarify.
The lack of North/NorthEast African samples upstream along with the inexistant diversity of this particular lineage of ours is sufficient enough (imo) to trust the Arabian origin

Am I wrong?
Please do clarify.
More likely a population that contributed to the Semitic population than being actual Semites. Even being from another region than the Arabian peninsula entirely.

The lack of North/NorthEast African samples upstream along with the inexistant diversity of this particular lineage of ours is sufficient enough (imo) to trust the Arabian origin

How on earth did that happen? Are you telling me one Semite cucked the whole Horn region? Lol

More likely a population that contributed to the Semitic population than being actual Semites. Even being from another region than the Arabian peninsula entirely.

If it is confirmed to be of Arabian orgin as the evidence suggests, then it is a Semitic lineage as we share distant ancestry with Ashkenazi Jews. This lineage was probably part of ancient migration to the Levant/Northern Iraq like most Arabian T lineages and gradually spread through the Arabian peninsula.

It is illogical to argue that it could not be Semitic within the last few thousand years considering the ancient presence of haplogroup T in the Middle East.

exposedmeat

i do it anyway i like
If it is confirmed to be of Arabian orgin as the evidence suggests, then it is a Semitic lineage as we share distant ancestry with Ashkenazi Jews. This lineage was probably part of ancient migration to the Levant/Northern Iraq like most Arabian T lineages and gradually spread through the Arabian peninsula.

It is illogical to argue that it could not be Semitic within the last few thousand years considering the ancient presence of haplogroup T in the Middle East.
can it be other than Semitic I don't really like those ayrabs maybe Indo-Europeans :leon:

How on earth did that happen? Are you telling me one Semite cucked the whole Horn region? Lol

Not necessarily the whole Horn.

It is just one of many T lineages found in the Horn. Bare in mind that the Saudi samples are distantly related to us, they don't fall under our subclade. This indicates that the split between us and them most likely happened in the Arabia peninsula. As for our Jewish cousins, the split probably happened in the Levant.

reer

VIP

dir have origins in the middle east? intetesting. how long ago?

Snacks is a pure Somali on the whole genome level. He scored 100% Somali on 23andMe.

It is just haplogroups that differ between Somalis. Not the autosomal part (all the other 22 chromosomes).
Hey, have you seen so far Somalis that are Somali 100% both on the genome level and haplogroups?Or that are least 100% from the Horn?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apollo

VIP
Hey, have you seen so far Somalis that are Somali 100% both on the genome level and haplogroups?Or that are least 100% from the Horn?

Haplogroups don't really say ANYTHING about what you look like. You cannot physically tell the difference between people from the same ethnicity who carry different haplogroups. This is a newb mistake people always make when they just learn about haplogroups. For example, Greek people with haplogroup R, J, E, T, G etc, there is no way you can tell them apart as they have the same autosomal ancestry.

The main thing that affects your looks is autosomal ancestry (the other 22 chromosomes) and Somalis are mostly similar on this.

I rather have Indo-European in my blood than ayrab even Mongols would work

Don't obsess over ethno-linguistic labels.
Hey, have you seen so far Somalis that are Somali 100% both on genome level and haplogroups?Or that are least 100% from the Horn?

We are as homogeneous as they come from an autosomal perspective.

Even this supposed 'Arab' lineage has been among Somalis for more than 1k years. Any Carabnimo it brought has been watered down through more than a millennium of Maxa Tidhi Somalis inbreeding. Why do you think we can pick each other out quickly when our paths cross? Dark or Light, Timo Jileec or Timo Xabash, Skinny or Voluptuous (Xalimos), the Maxa Tidhi Somals are a distinct ethnic group that stand out in a crowd.

Haplogroups don't really say ANYTHING about what you look like. You cannot tell the difference between people from the same ethnicity who carry different haplogroups. This is a newb mistake people always make when they just learn about haplogroups.

The main thing that affects your looks is autosomal ancestry (the other 22 chromosomes) and Somalis are mostly similar on this.
But if even it doesn’t affect phenotypes, that still means genetically they’re different from ancient dna, no? Also isn’t it weird that for example snacks indicated that his haplogroup essentially migrated back to Africa?

Gacanka Cadmeed

انا عربي, سْنْمْ هَنولاتو‌‌‌‌, Free Azawad, 🇾🇪
But if even it doesn’t affect phenotypes, that still means genetically they’re different from ancient dna, no? Also isn’t it weird that for example snacks indicated that his haplogroup essentially migrated back to Africa?
It's called the Euraisan backflow

Apollo

VIP

The mitochondria and Y-Chromosome get passed down to the next generation nearly unchanged. The female (mother) passes the mitochondria and male (father) the Y. They don't mix with each other. Only a few mutations happen every couple of generations that researchers then use to track ancient migrations.

How the Y is passed down resembles the Somali tribal system. Hence, the interest many Somalis have in this one in particular. On the MT it is the female equivalent of the Somali tribal system, but since Somalis have no records of their female line this is usually less interesting.

Trending