skin care routine

I use products from The Ordinary and it works for me.
I’m dealing with stubborn acne scars on my cheek and I use Retinol, Alpha Arbutin, Niacinamide and Glycolic Acid. It’s cleared up a bit but I’m tryna be optimistic that it’ll clear fully iA. I’ve been so consistent with skin care during the quarantine and I’ve been seeing good results.
i use similar products as well for my hyperpigmentation. how are you liking alpha arbutib and their retinol? i was split on which specific products i should get for that purpose as they have a very wide range to choose from.

i use similar products as well for my hyperpigmentation. how are you liking alpha arbutib and their retinol? i was split on which specific products i should get for that purpose as they have a very wide range to choose from.
I started using retinol every other night for about a week now. I’m in the purging stage so I have a bit of pimples but so far I’ve noticed my skin is softer and the blemishes have slightly been reduced. To see benefits you have to be consistent for ~28 days because that’s the skin cycle turnover (when new skin becomes more evident). I’ve noticed the biggest improvement with TO’s Niacinamide. As for Alpha Arbutin, i haven’t seen results yet. I’ll let you know when I do iA.

I’ve also noticed a big difference using TO’s glycolic acid. That helps get rid of old skin and it helps with scarring because it’s a gentle exfoliant.

Wont post everything I use. But Cetaphil, La Roche Posay, Eucerin are my primary products.

Yes, women do ask for my skin care routine.

I started using retinol every other night for about a week now. I’m in the purging stage so I have a bit of pimples but so far I’ve noticed my skin is softer and the blemishes have slightly been reduced. To see benefits you have to be consistent for ~28 days because that’s the skin cycle turnover (when new skin becomes more evident). I’ve noticed the biggest improvement with TO’s Niacinamide. As for Alpha Arbutin, i haven’t seen results yet. I’ll let you know when I do iA.

I’ve also noticed a big difference using TO’s glycolic acid. That helps get rid of old skin and it helps with scarring because it’s a gentle exfoliant.
glycolic acid is one of my favorite AHAs
it's proven to be one of the most effective for my skin
ty for your input, i look forward to hearing your alpha arbutin results

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
Staple products for evening/smooth skin- pixie vitamin c serum and glycolic pads. I exfoliate with pad once a week and vitamin c serum daily at night expect on exfoliating day.
For cleanser I use cetaphil and neutrogena salicylic acid wash.
For sun protection I use sunsense sensitive, it’s an Australian brand.
For moisturiser I use jojoba oil day and night.

Attachments

• D92A821C-3327-429B-BCE9-853BE1D4CE8A.png
    D92A821C-3327-429B-BCE9-853BE1D4CE8A.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 2CE80775-2136-4006-9C01-73692D014239.jpeg
    2CE80775-2136-4006-9C01-73692D014239.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 139
Staple products for evening/smooth skin- pixie vitamin c serum and glycolic pads. I exfoliate with pad once a week and vitamin c serum daily at night expect on exfoliating day.
For cleanser I use cetaphil and neutrogena salicylic acid wash.
For sun protection I use sunsense sensitive, it’s an Australian brand.
For moisturiser I use jojoba oil day and night.
yours sounds a lot like my routine. although I haven't used the pads for a while. I started using the cream and it works soooo much better. I stopped using it because it was making my skin sensitive to the sun but since I'm quarantined...

cetaphil is a skin saver, my skin is usually sensitve to any other kind of moisturizer. Another staple of mine is tea tree oil diluted in olive oil

I haven't done this in a while since my last one broke, but a cool mist humidifier works wonders for dry skin, especially in the winter and summer when you have either the heat or AC on all night long

And last but not least, one of the best things I've done for my skin is eating fruits high in vit C and beta carotene (gives your skin that glow) and staying hydrated

@sambuusi I want a good sunscreen that I can wear for when I use acidic products on my face, but so far all of them either do nothing, or clog up my skin and ruin all my hard work. How does yours work for you?

@sambuusi I want a good sunscreen that I can wear for when I use acidic products on my face, but so far all of them either do nothing, or clog up my skin and ruin all my hard work. How does yours work for you?
mine's works really good
i'd actually recommend the japanese ones as they're inexpensive and usually have a high SPF rating
they also usually don't leave a cast like the american ones
make sure you put on your sunscreen at least 5 minutes (after they dry and all) after letting your products sink in

mine's works really good
i'd actually recommend the japanese ones as they're inexpensive and usually have a high SPF rating
they also usually don't leave a cast like the american ones
make sure you put on your sunscreen at least 5 minutes (after they dry and all) after letting your products sink in
will it make my face look greasy? because thats the number one put off for me when it comes to sunscreen

will it make my face look greasy? because thats the number one put off for me when it comes to sunscreen
it matters which one, so look for one that suits your preferences
the one i use makes your skin dry matte, but will give you a dewy appearance if you add more than one layer

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
yours sounds a lot like my routine. although I haven't used the pads for a while. I started using the cream and it works soooo much better. I stopped using it because it was making my skin sensitive to the sun but since I'm quarantined...

cetaphil is a skin saver, my skin is usually sensitve to any other kind of moisturizer. Another staple of mine is tea tree oil diluted in olive oil

I haven't done this in a while since my last one broke, but a cool mist humidifier works wonders for dry skin, especially in the winter and summer when you have either the heat or AC on all night long

And last but not least, one of the best things I've done for my skin is eating fruits high in vit C and beta carotene (gives your skin that glow) and staying hydrated
I didn't know pixie has cream, I might buy it in the future.
Glycolic can make the skin sensitive to sun, that's why I apply sunscreen everyday especially when im at home.
I agree 100% on stay hydrating and eating high vitamin c food, it leaves glow on the skin. if you like high vitamin c food you should try spinach or kale with berries smootie, yellow or red bell pepper, baked red potatoes/purple sweet potato, red onion, carrot and red cabbage coleslaw. It's all good for skin and immune system.

it matters which one, so look for one that suits your preferences
the one i use makes your skin dry matte, but will give you a dewy appearance if you add more than one layer
thanks much! I' ll be sure to order it for summer now

that is if they lift this quarantine :rejoice:

I didn't know pixie has cream, I might buy it in the future.
Glycolic can make the skin sensitive to sun, that's why I apply sunscreen everyday especially when im at home.
I agree 100% on stay hydrating and eating high vitamin c food, it leaves glow on the skin. if you like high vitamin c food you should try spinach or kale with berries smootie, yellow or red bell pepper, baked red potatoes/purple sweet potato, red onion, carrot and red cabbage coleslaw. It's all good for skin and immune system.
I haven't tried the pixie brand. I meant I went from using the glycolic exfoliating pads to using the cream. the brand I used I just picked up from the drugstore

Trending