skin care routine

I’ve been meaning to get some Ordinary products but I’m scared. How long did it take for you to get used to them?
I'm at the purging stage, which means it is speeding up the cell turnover in my skin. I'm seeing pimples, whiteheads and stuff, but its to be expected because im using alot of products to deal with my acne scars.

My advice is to figure out what your skin needs are and work from there. Skincare is personal, so what may work for you may not work for others. Trust the process.

BTW, what is your skin type? I feel like alot of somalis have dry skin. Mine is acne-prone/combo skin and I'm low key jealous because I tend to break out alot and I feel so alone on this skin journey.

strawberrii

#ArthurGang
I'm at the purging stage, which means it is speeding up the cell turnover in my skin. I'm seeing pimples, whiteheads and stuff, but its to be expected because im using alot of products to deal with my acne scars.

My advice is to figure out what your skin needs are and work from there. Skincare is personal, so what may work for you may not work for others. Trust the process.

BTW, what is your skin type? I feel like alot of somalis have dry skin. Mine is acne-prone/combo skin and I'm low key jealous because I tend to break out alot and I feel so alone on this skin journey.
Oily/combo on my forehead and normalish everywhere else

I’ve been meaning to get some Ordinary products but I’m scared. How long did it take for you to get used to them?
i've been using them for less than a year now
it takes some time, i'd say about a week or two, for your skin to adjust and get used to the acids
whenever, you're using AHAs and BHAs, always start out slow and ease one product into your routine at a time cause you don't want to irritate or, even worse, burn your skin

Oily/combo on my forehead and normalish everywhere else
These products should work then:
Glycolic acid (exfoliating)
Niacinamide + zinc (pore minimizing and blemishes)
Alpha arbutin (hyperpigmentation)
Retinol (acne scars)

Dont use AHA glycolic and retinol at the same time. So either alternate, or use one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Using them together will cancel out the effects of each and your skin will get irritated.

These products should work then:
Glycolic acid (exfoliating)
Niacinamide + zinc (pore minimizing and blemishes)
Alpha arbutin (hyperpigmentation)
Retinol (acne scars)

Dont use AHA glycolic and retinol at the same time. So either alternate, or use one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Using them together will cancel out the effects of each and your skin will get irritated.
also @strawberrii
don't ever use vitamin c at the same time as niacinamide
in fact, i would use vitamin c in the morning and the BHA, AHA, or niacinamide in the evening or vice versa (not at the same time)

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
women's den is the one place that the 90% male majority of sspot should stay out of, child
unlike @SuleymanPitt, you aren't intellectually adding anything to the conversation so naga tak :camby:
The disrespect I was providing useful information water helps skin so if it doesn’t work drink more water :diddyass:
Obviously you don’t get it

our brains are different