skin care routine

Gedogyal

good cop
so girls, what are your skincare routines? i'm a skincare junkie and have spent too much time on r/skincareaddiction and have finally found the solution to keeping my acne and hyperpigmentation under control
i still have a long way to go, but it's working so far and my skin is the best it's ever been
p.s. i don't use all these products every day; they're all inexpensive except for the scinic ampoule

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hey abaayo, I was wondering if the stuff that you posted really work for hyperpigmentation? And how long did it take for you to see results? Did you get major results? Wallahi a sis is tired of struggling:mjlol:

Hey abaayo, I was wondering if the stuff that you posted really work for hyperpigmentation? And how long did it take for you to see results? Did you get major results? Wallahi a sis is tired of struggling:mjlol:
yes, it works for most people
AHA (alpha hydroxy acids) are scientifically proven to penetrate the surface layer of skin and exfoliate it (chemically)
it gets rid of dead skin aka hyperpigmentation microscopically
i noticed visible results after a couple of weeks
it works for me and my sister (my sister vigorously does her skincare routine and her skin is almost completely clear)

if you want to try it out first, i recommend the ordinary glycolic acid
here's a tip: do NOT over-exfoliate or you'll get chemical burns and make sure to patch test first

Gedogyal

good cop
yes, it works for most people
AHA (alpha hydroxy acids) are scientifically proven to penetrate the surface layer of skin and exfoliate it (chemically)
it gets rid of dead skin aka hyperpigmentation microscopically
i noticed visible results after a couple of weeks
it works for me and my sister (my sister vigorously does her skincare routine and her skin is almost completely clear)

if you want to try it out first, i recommend the ordinary glycolic acid
here's a tip: do NOT over-exfoliate or you'll get chemical burns and make sure to patch test first
Thank you so much abaayo for taking your time to explain! Is it okay for me to ask where you had your hyperpigmentation/s? And how much do you apply on your face and it’s not daily, right? Thank you again:it0tdo8:

Thank you so much abaayo for taking your time to explain! Is it okay for me to ask where you had your hyperpigmentation/s? And how much do you apply on your face and it’s not daily, right? Thank you again:it0tdo8:
i mostly had the hyperpigmentation on the sides of my cheeks and the rest on my forehead from old acne
you can use it on a cotton pad but i use clean hands to pat it into my skin and just a small amount
you shouldn't do it daily, especially when you start using it at first, because your skin needs to build tolerance in order to avoid over-exfoliation
make sure to moisturize your face well after

Gedogyal

good cop
i mostly had the hyperpigmentation on the sides of my cheeks and the rest on my forehead from old acne
you can use it on a cotton pad but i use clean hands to pat it into my skin and just a small amount
you shouldn't do it daily, especially when you start using it at first, because your skin needs to build tolerance in order to avoid over-exfoliation
make sure to moisturize your face well after
Okay I see! You only do it on problem areas, right, and not on your whole face? Which would mean that you only use a couple of drops then? Sorry for all my questions wallahi but it’s just that I only see cadaans reviewing this like ma’am-

Okay I see! You only do it on problem areas, right, and not on your whole face? Which would mean that you only use a couple of drops then? Sorry for all my questions wallahi but it’s just that I only see cadaans reviewing this like ma’am-
oh, it's fine and i don't mind. it's what this thread is for :)
you can totally put it on your whole face! just avoid the eye area.
it makes your skin more glowy and better textured, so you should put it all over.
you should put enough to put a light layer on your face which is usually like 5 drops-ish.

Last edited:

Gedogyal

good cop
oh, it's fine and i don't mind. it's what this thread is for :)
you can totally put it on your whole face! just avoid the eye area.
it makes your skin more glowy and better textured, so you should put it all over.
you should put enough to put a light layer on your face which is usually like 5 drops-ish.
Oooof Imma buy this shi real quick then! I mean glowy skin + no hyperpigmentation?:frdfvsb: A flex! Okay I have a last question: will this affect my (sadly) dry skin negatively or am I just overthinking this

Oooof Imma buy this shi real quick then! I mean glowy skin + no hyperpigmentation?:frdfvsb: A flex! Okay I have a last question: will this affect my (sadly) dry skin negatively or am I just overthinking this
since everyone's skin is different, you may have different results.
for dry skin, make sure that you use a good moisturizer after applying it since it might dry out your skin.
also, you should wear sunscreen out since AHAs make your skin more sensitive to the sun.

Gedogyal

good cop
since everyone's skin is different, you may have different results.
for dry skin, make sure that you use a good moisturizer after applying it since it might dry out your skin.
also, you should wear sunscreen out since AHAs make your skin more sensitive to the sun.
Thank you sm abaayo again, Imma do that! You really did answer all of my questions and more :kendrickcry: May Allah bless you, ameen!

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
@sambuusi I'm speechless.
You is my skincare twin!! :friendhug:
I had bad hyperpigmentation too until I got on to the asian skincare routine.
Alhamdullilah, it worked for me.

Last edited:

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
QUEEN! Do you have any suggestions on other things that work for hyperpigmentation?:it0tdo8:
Yeah I do! :)

You mentioned you have dry skin, right?
This combo worked for me at the beginning stage of my skincare journey. My skin is now combination type. Might be because I changed my diet too lol :lolbron:

Gedogyal

good cop
Yeah I do! :)

You mentioned you have dry skin, right?
This combo worked for me at the beginning stage of my skincare journey. My skin is now combination type. Might be because I changed my diet too lol :lolbron:

Thank you sis! :it0tdo8: I'll try your suggestions too inshallah, where did you have your hyperpigmentations?

I use products from The Ordinary and it works for me.
I’m dealing with stubborn acne scars on my cheek and I use Retinol, Alpha Arbutin, Niacinamide and Glycolic Acid. It’s cleared up a bit but I’m tryna be optimistic that it’ll clear fully iA. I’ve been so consistent with skin care during the quarantine and I’ve been seeing good results.

Trending

Latest posts