Should somalis care about Israel vs Palestine conflict?

Should somalis care about Israel vs Palestine conflict?

• Yes, we are muslim at the end of the day.

Votes: 40 62.5%
  • No, we aren't part of the middle east and we have other problems.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • other (comments)

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Somalis are very political savvy in the west, they are the only black Muslim people that are in political positions across the west, even above Arabs in certain aspect as Arabs their political representative are mostly likely atheistic and antagonistic towards them, that’s the never the case with us except ayaan hirsi Ali but most Somali western politicians stick up for Muslim people and that comes across well in the Muslim world, western Somalis have very good reputation in the Muslim world and the diaspora Arabs are antagonistic because their community is not like that and they are jealous

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
you don't have to be muslim or arab to care about the great injustice done to the palestinian, u just have to be a good person that cares about right and wrong. i feel so sad about all the people being murdered

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TLDR get your money up, keep a pristine reputation, get power, and then you can actually do something or help other people enforce what is good on this scale.

Also be careful how you articulate things on issues like this, especially under your own name. It's not fair, the world isn't fair, but there are many people (especially right-wing zionists, who have a special level of hate for Somalis I can't quite understand) waiting to pounce on any Somali whose words they can twist. We have to be smarter, more careful, more dignified than other people might be able to because we have a target on our backs, make no mistake.

Last edited:
The average person in Somalia lives 10x better than the average person in Gaza currently.

We should care.

How is that even remotely true? This is a headline from last year:

More than 500,000 Somali children under five are expected to suffer severe acute malnutrition and risk death from famine this year, a number unseen in any country this century, the U.N. children's agency said on Tuesday.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TLDR get your money up, keep a pristine reputation, get power, and then you can actually do something or help other people enforce what is good on this scale.

Also be careful how you articulate things on issues like this, especially under your own name. It's not fair, the world isn't fair, but there are many people (especially right-wing zionists, who have a special level of hate for Somalis I can't quite understand) waiting to pounce on any Somali whose words they can twist. We have to be smarter, more careful, more dignified than other people might be able to because we have a target on our backs, make no mistake.
They haven’t infiltrated the eastern world, like they have with the western world, as China rises and their surroundings and when the multipolar world comes into fruition and when finally America loses its power is when they fall

Also be careful how you articulate things on issues like this, especially under your own name. It's not fair, the world isn't fair, but there are many people (especially right-wing zionists, who have a special level of hate for Somalis I can't quite understand) waiting to pounce on any Somali whose words they can twist. We have to be smarter, more careful, more dignified than other people might be able to because we have a target on our backs, make no mimistake.
Indeed one has to be careful and look after their interest remember we are not in our country. As much one support fellow Muslims who are oppressed one has to keep it privately especially like work place,public. Haters come in all colours , don't get fooled some of them will be all friendly and shit and some will try to antagonise you but they are waiting for opportunity for you to slip . I simply dont trust no one in public from my experience .

Last edited:

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
10x is hyperbole but they have no water, electricity, food.

The average Somali back home is not starving.
You also have to consider the fraudulent corrupt ngos and their laundering money schemes, so take everything they say with a handful of salt.

10x is hyperbole but they have no water, electricity, food.

The average Somali back home is not starving.
You're severely underestimating the situation for Somalis. This is a report from a couple of months ago:
Despite some improvements in the country’s humanitarian crisis, approximately 6.6 million people across Somalia are projected to experience high levels of acute food insecurity classified in Crisis (IPC Phase 3) or above through June 2023.

6.6 million experiencing acute food insecurity. There aren't even 3 million in Gaza.

If this is a fraudulent or inflated report, by the same reasoning, any report from Gaza must also be fraudulent or inflated by the same reasoning, i.e. corrupt ngos laundering money.

I think there are two ways to interpret and answer this question:
1- Should the Somali diaspora care about the Palestinian plight?
2- Should the government of Somalia intervene and take a pro-Palestine stance?

I believe most users are answering only one of the two questions based on how they read the title.

My opinion, the Somalia government should remain silent throughout the whole thing not out of hatred or ignorance but because the prime minister/president not helping Palestinians would be seen as a betrayal of the ummah BUT him not supporting the impoverished, flood-affected people of Somalia would be a betrayal of both our Muslim and ethnic/cultural brothers and sisters.

You can't pour from an empty cup. Somalia can only rebuild itself. Both Arabs and other Africans are too preoccupied with their own struggles (which I empathise with).

As for the (typically Anglophone) Somali diaspora, we should feel deep sympathy for the Palestinian plight while maintaining our own dignity! I live in a very Levantine Arab town in Australia and not a single one of them have shed a tear about the floods back home. Many of them unironically think US interventionism started with Iraq in the early 2000s, disregarding America's role in destabilizing Somalia way back in the 90s and others before then.

Major Instagram pages like Muslim.Daily, DOAMuslims and Islamify, which all have a specific focus on Muslim struggles all have not posted any humanitarian relief links for the floods in Somalia since the October 7th incident. You might think it's because of the unique brand of severity Palestinians have to go through (a rationale I respect), but the Afghani earthquakes that occured during the same month were immediately reported on while Gaza had completely taken over Instagram and links to donate to them were kept in their bios, while our people drowned.

This is not to say that you should hate non-Somali Muslims but understand that screaming for them in public does not help them and they will not be around to support you when you lose your career or get expelled from your uni.

We should be making lots of dua for these people and donating a portion of our earnings to relief efforts in their places but the bulk of what we earn should go to Somalis, not out of hate for Arabs but love for ourselves.

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
What happened in 2020 was embarrassing.

just 3 years ago I remember the locals shoppers who couldn’t make enough in their own pockets to provide for their families gets attacked by the BLM protesters.

Most of them don’t even care about the George Floyd issue (the man was also a bad man apparently).

I seen a video recently of the 2020 protests where white people were got on their knees and kissed some random black peoples feet lmfao.

Those protests were so crazy when u think about it now and it solved absolutely nothing. If anything it made people more racist

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
I think there are two ways to interpret and answer this question:
1- Should the Somali diaspora care about the Palestinian plight?
2- Should the government of Somalia intervene and take a pro-Palestine stance?

I believe most users are answering only one of the two questions based on how they read the title.

My opinion, the Somalia government should remain silent throughout the whole thing not out of hatred or ignorance but because the prime minister/president not helping Palestinians would be seen as a betrayal of the ummah BUT him not supporting the impoverished, flood-affected people of Somalia would be a betrayal of both our Muslim and ethnic/cultural brothers and sisters.

You can't pour from an empty cup. Somalia can only rebuild itself. Both Arabs and other Africans are too preoccupied with their own struggles (which I empathise with).

As for the (typically Anglophone) Somali diaspora, we should feel deep sympathy for the Palestinian plight while maintaining our own dignity! I live in a very Levantine Arab town in Australia and not a single one of them have shed a tear about the floods back home. Many of them unironically think US interventionism started with Iraq in the early 2000s, disregarding America's role in destabilizing Somalia way back in the 90s and others before then.

Major Instagram pages like Muslim.Daily, DOAMuslims and Islamify, which all have a specific focus on Muslim struggles all have not posted any humanitarian relief links for the floods in Somalia since the October 7th incident. You might think it's because of the unique brand of severity Palestinians have to go through (a rationale I respect), but the Afghani earthquakes that occured during the same month were immediately reported on while Gaza had completely taken over Instagram and links to donate to them were kept in their bios, while our people drowned.

This is not to say that you should hate non-Somali Muslims but understand that screaming for them in public does not help them and they will not be around to support you when you lose your career or get expelled from your uni.

We should be making lots of dua for these people and donating a portion of our earnings to relief efforts in their places but the bulk of what we earn should go to Somalis, not out of hate for Arabs but love for ourselves.

Firstly, Western Sydney isn’t a town lmao.

1. Somalia should have a stance and it should be our historically consistent stance. Since independence, every Somali government has been pro-Palestine in rhetoric, at the minimum. Being silent in times of injustice is siding with the oppressor.

2. There is next to no English language coverage of the floods in Somalia. Hardly any Somali-language media covered it. How do you expect there to be sympathy from Arab Australians?

What I do remember was in 2011, when Arab-Australians did one of the biggest charity drives in Australian history to collect for the Somali famine.

That’s because it was on the television, which is harsh truth: People don’t research and only care about what is on the news.

I would take a serious bet (if it was halal) on the chance that hardly any non-Somali Muslim is even aware of flooding in Somalia. In that case, can you blame someone for not fundraising for something they’re not aware of?

That is why the Afghani earthquake was fundraised for, that’s why Sudan is being fundraised for, that’s why the Congo (a non-Muslim country) is seeing support.

Because what is shown on the media is all people know.

Yes but we should cool on our unhinged tirade’s against JEWS. I mean ffs I’ve seen some stupid Somalis removing posters and attacking people over this conflict. Please guys calm down.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I've been ethnically cleansed by my own ethnic group.

Ain't no koofiyar ever call me faqash.