Should somalis care about Israel vs Palestine conflict?

Should somalis care about Israel vs Palestine conflict?

• Yes, we are muslim at the end of the day.

Votes: 40 62.5%
  • No, we aren't part of the middle east and we have other problems.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • other (comments)

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Thehoneyswmp

𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐚
Most Somali people I know support Palestine and are quite involved with the boycotting of israel however i noticed a lot of madow people (whether muslim or not) don't really get involved in the dialogue around it. Im just curious to see id there are any somalis whose opinions differ.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Yes. On a human level. Israel is barbaric on matter how you look at it. Had I not been born Somali or muslim I think I'd still be pro Palestine once I educated myself on the subject.

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
My support doesn't change anything on the ground, its like the BLM cause couple years ago. No matter how much you protest you can't change other peoples actions.

What I don’t understand is Somalis protesting, getting arrested, attacking American Jews for a people that could give two fucks about us not to mention our country is in worse shape what would this be called if not self hate.

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
My support doesn't change anything on the ground, it’s hatlike the BLM cause couple years ago. No matter how much you protest you can't change other peoples actions.

What happened in 2020 was embarrassing.

just 3 years ago I remember the locals shoppers who couldn’t make enough in their own pockets to provide for their families gets attacked by the BLM protesters.

Most of them don’t even care about the George Floyd issue (the man was also a bad man apparently).

Of course we should care. Even if I wasn't Muslim i'd care about the Palestinian plight because they're people are going through oppression.

I just hate seeing pro-Palestine Somalis going viral for acting like Monkeys. All this does is make both Somalis and the Palestinian cause look bad

I wish Somalis would shut the f*ck up on social media. Ive seen many Somalis go viral because they are being antisemitic. Wish we were lowkey but somalis are the biggest attention seekers ever

Idiot Facepalm GIF

Thehoneyswmp

𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐚
What I don’t understand is Somalis protesting, getting arrested, attacking American Jews for a people that could give two fucks about us not to mention our country is in worse shape what would this be called if not self hate.
honestly, i’ve been thinking, if somalia was going through something like this would arabs even care

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
Most Somali people I know support Palestine and are quite involved with the boycotting of israel however i noticed a lot of madow people (whether muslim or not) don't really get involved in the dialogue around it. Im just curious to see id there are any somalis whose opinions differ.
We should politically mind our own business but personally we should support it, just my opinion.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
honestly, i’ve been thinking, if somalia was going through something like this would arabs even care
Honestly. They wouldn't. But we're not them, we don't need to be like them. Arabs no longer have a high horse to sit on. Somalis have their issues and honestly we need to learn to emphasize love between ourselves before anything else. But we're good people, at least I believe so and thats why I know we can be so much better than these Arab leaders.

My cousins who've lived in the Middle East say that everyone would treat them very well once they found out they were Somali. My bro went to Spain on vacation and he said all of the Moroccans there gave him discounts once they found it he was Somali

Somalis seem to be well liked in many Arab countries. But at the same time, I've seen many western born Arabs be racists towards us online

Personally i've never experienced any racism from Arabs here in the US, but i've seen users on sspot say that they've met racist Arabs in their diaspora community so idk

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
The reason why most Muslims (including Somalis) care for the Palestinians so much when other Muslim countries are not doing so well

-Is because of the AL-Aqsa mosque (the holy sight) and the ummah ideology.

Understand majority of Palestinians are Muslim but not all them are, most of them are also Christian and non religious.

Somalis supporting them is for the Al-Aqsa (mainly) and then for their Muslim brothers and sisters.

You have to be religious to understand the level of their Jihad (struggle) to get all this, btw.

Most of the countries (that aren’t muslims) that supports the Palestinians do it because of: humanitarian violations, genocide, discrimination and the Illegal invasion that took place.

the list goes on in what’s happening in the Middle East but you get the picture.

Somalis supporting them is ironic but not wrong by any means in fact it makes sense.

But when they invest so much energy on foreign issues that takes away our issues as a whole.

Ive seen many Somalis go viral because they are being antisemitic.
by far the worst "pro-palestine" tweet came from a somali girl tweeting "this is what decoloization is!!" on october 7th. just straight up inhumane. she had somali in her bio. dumb probably ended up losing her jewish NYC contacts and thus her career

its not about religion its not about race its about innocent ppl being genocided and removed from their homes anyone who says we should mind our business is a narc

can you link this actually happening. Every protest I've been to has been peaceful pls dont chat shit unless you have evidence

being invested in palestine is fine

what actually annoys me are the doqons going "but were worse and poorer!!" z0omal1s killing their cousins shouldnt get the same level of sympathy as people being ethnically cleansed from their homes by an alien army

Thehoneyswmp

𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐚
Honestly. They wouldn't. But we're not them, we don't need to be like them. Arabs no longer have a high horse to sit on. Somalis have their issues and honestly we need to learn to emphasize love between ourselves before anything else. But we're good people, at least I believe so and thats why I know we can be so much better than these Arab leaders.
honestly you are very based

Trending