Should Somalia implement Quranist Islam?

Should we implement quranist Islam?

• yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you guys attacking her instead of telling her what is right this is not Muslim behavior @Life I'm sorry about them regarding your question the Quran is also followed by the Sunnah of the prophet their are different kinds of hadith with different strengths of the Hadith based on where it came from if a hadith is against the Quran then it's should not be used also their are culmaa that their job is to look at where the Hadith came from also their are many kinds of hadith their is Hadith quudsi which Allah told the prophet and their is Hadith of something the prophet said and then finally there is Hadith of someone mentioning what the prophet did also their are many things the sahaba say that people say it's Hadith even though Omar or Abu bakr said it so you have to be careful with reading where the Hadith came from I hope this helped you sis

But the Sunnah, the traditions, of the prophet comes from the Quran so how is it followed?

But what you're doing in essence is negating the role of the Prophet (PBUH) when it comes to following him as the Quranic role model . Following the Prophet (PBUH) is synonymous to following the Quran, this is the basic belief of muslims. There's no way you can follow Quran without following Him. In fact the Quran instructs you to not only follow but also Obey Him.

The level of distinction that you're trying to impose on the Quran and Hadith only exists in your mind, it is true that people have tried to fabricate hadith for their own gains but this does not take away the credibility of hadith as there are ways to authenticate them.

Yes, there is no way to follow the Quran without following the Prophet because the Prophet acted according to the Quran. How does that go against anything I have been saying?

and obey who? I don't understand, god or the prophet?

I don't understand your question how does the Sunnah come from the quran

Sunnah means the tradition, and particularly in this context, it's used to refer to the traditions of the prophet. And the prophet acted according to the Quran, hence why all his traditions roots in it. You said that the Sunnah followed the Quran as if it didn't come from it in the first place.

Sunnah means the tradition, and particularly in this context, it's used to refer to the traditions of the prophet. And the prophet acted according to the Quran, hence why all his traditions roots in it. You said that the Sunnah followed the Quran as if it didn't come from it in the first place.
Yes so what the prophet followed the Quran and we follow the prophet and the Quran

Yes so what the prophet followed the Quran and we follow the prophet and the Quran
... and you even put the hadiths up there with the Quran. Which I am arguing against. I believe that the Quran is the world of god and should therefore not be held on the same level as the hadiths. I am not saying that all hadiths are false just that some hadiths contradict the Quran but yet for some reason people want to tell me that the Quran and hadith complete each other and if I oppose that then I am a kaffir, even tho I fully believe in the Quran and everything in it.

[Quran 4:82] ............If it were from other than God, they would have found in it numerous contradictions.

... and you even put the hadiths up there with the Quran. Which I am arguing against. I believe that the Quran is the world of god and should therefore not be held on the same level as the hadiths. I am not saying that all hadiths are false just that some hadiths contradict the Quran but yet for some reason people want to tell me that the Quran and hadith complete each other and if I oppose that then I am a kaffir, even tho I fully believe in the Quran and everything in it.

[Quran 4:82] ............If it were from other than God, they would have found in it numerous contradictions.
I agree with you that's why I said in my original post any Hadith that contradicts the Quran should not be used

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
Yes, there is no way to follow the Quran without following the Prophet because the Prophet acted according to the Quran. How does that go against anything I have been saying?

and obey who? I don't understand, god or the prophet?

Isn't that what you entire thread is about ? implementing quranist islam ie islam that utilises Quran only and rejects Hadith. You then proceeded to show examples like the hadith about apostasy and how this contradicts ayah of about no compulsion in religion. Do you believe the way you understood the above ayah is in line with how the Prophet(PBUH) understood it?

Answer this, how is it possible to follow the Prophet's (PBUH)understanding when you advocate for an understanding of the Quran that rejects Hadith ? why make the distinction between following the Prophet (PBUH) and Quran.

The basis of your arguments rests upon the uncertainty of hadith authenticity which is why you were arguing that it's better to stick to Quran only as it's the only source which is error free. What you don't seem to realise is that by advocating for such an action you negate hadith all together meaning you negate the teachings of the Prophet (PBUH). Tell me then how will you be able to follow the Prophet (PBUH) or even understand the Quran as Allah ordained ?

You hold 2 irreconcilable views, which one you choose is upto you, but i suggest that you understand and learn islam properly before you blindly follow misguided groups.

AdoonkaAlle

I agree with you that's why I said in my original post any Hadith that contradicts the Quran should not be used

But that's catch here, as the contradiction isn't between Quran and Sunnah but rather is a result of her lack of understanding and self- interpretation of the texts.

Isn't that what you entire thread is about ? implementing quranist islam ie islam that utilises Quran only and rejects Hadith. You then proceeded to show examples like the hadith about apostasy and how this contradicts ayah of about no compulsion in religion. Do you believe the way you understood the above ayah is in line with how the Prophet(PBUH) understood it?

Answer this, how is it possible to follow the Prophet's (PBUH)understanding when you advocate for an understanding of the Quran that rejects Hadith ? why make the distinction between following the Prophet (PBUH) and Quran.

The basis of your arguments rests upon the uncertainty of hadith authenticity which is why you were arguing that it's better to stick to Quran only as it's the only source which is error free. What you don't seem to realise is that by advocating for such an action you negate hadith all together meaning you negate the teachings of the Prophet (PBUH). Tell me then how will you be able to follow the Prophet (PBUH) or even understand the Quran as Allah ordained ?

You hold 2 irreconcilable views, which one you choose is upto you, but i suggest that you understand and learn islam properly before you blindly follow misguided groups.

What I belive is not perfectly inline with the quranist belief then. Cuz, like I have said multiple times The quran should be held in a higher stand than the hadith. Hadiths can be used to furter understand a verse and that contradicting hadiths should be dissmissed. How does that not sound reasonable.

In regards to the verse about no compulsion in religion and the hadith about apostasy, I took them as an example to showcase a hadith and an aya thst contradict eachother.

I never made a distinction between the prophet and following the quran. Matter of fact I have said multiple times That the prophet followed the quran to the fullest and that his sunnah was the quran

What you fail to forget when you compare my understanding of the quran with the prophets is that the prophet didnt have hadiths to follow rather he was the one to recieve the message. I on the other hand live under a time were we have both quran and hadiths to follow.

Yes, my argument is based on the uncertainty of the hadiths and should therefor not be viewed equel to the quran. I never said abandone the hadiths completley, I said that using hadiths to furter understand a verse is fine and that contradicting hadiths should be dissmissed.

AdoonkaAlle

What I belive is not perfectly inline with the quranist belief then. Cuz, like I have said multiple times The quran should be held in a higher stand than the hadith. Hadiths can be used to furter understand a verse and that contradicting hadiths should be dissmissed. How does that not sound reasonable.

In regards to the verse about no compulsion in religion and the hadith about apostasy, I took them as an example to showcase a hadith and an aya thst contradict eachother.

I never made a distinction between the prophet and following the quran. Matter of fact I have said multiple times That the prophet followed the quran to the fullest and that his sunnah was the quran

What you fail to forget when you compare my understanding of the quran with the prophets is that the prophet didnt have hadiths to follow rather he was the one to recieve the message. I on the other hand live under a time were we have both quran and hadiths to follow.

Yes, my argument is based on the uncertainty of the hadiths and should therefor not be viewed equel to the quran. I never said abandone the hadiths completley, I said that using hadiths to furter understand a verse is fine and that contradicting hadiths should be dissmissed.

Walaal i'm telling you this for your benefit not to mock or ridicule you etc. Stay away from those who espouse such beliefs as sooner or later you'll end up becoming a fully fledged quranist should you continue down this path. I commend you on trying to understand islam but you need understand that this is a life long process, meaning there are things that you don't have access to now which limit your understanding of islam. The best thing to do is to acquire the necessary skills and build up on them slowly.

This is better than assuming that you already know enough to engage in topics or debates that in the long run are of no benefit to yourself, family and the wider society in general. Somalia suffers from a plethora of issues among them being lack of adherence to islamic ethos, neither you me or any of the users in ss can be fix it or offer possible solutions. We are in need of guidance ourselves how can we then claim to offer solutions to others when we can't help ourselves ?

I sincerely hope that inshallah you take heed of what i've just mentioned. May Allah guide you and keep you steadfast

Ameen thumma Ameen

Status
Not open for further replies.