Should Somalia implement Quranist Islam?

Should we implement quranist Islam?

• yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I was browsing the internet I came across this video. And I thought that this branch of Islam can work In Somalia . It allows critical thinking and is in fact in line with the Quran. And everything he said made sense. Doesn't it make more sense to have the Quran as the primary source? I have seen a few schoolers say that the hadith is supposed to "complete the Quran" whilst the Quran itself says that the Quran is complete. I think that was what the sheikh was referring to, that we should not rate ahadith Sahih if it contradicts the Quran.

This is pure heresy. The Prophet himself said that the Quran is difficult to understand and implement, it is beyond human comprehension. Therefore, the Hadith and the examples the Prophet made in his lifetime act as a blueprint for us to follow. If the Quran was self-explanatory, why did God send down Prophets? Why scholars spend centuries debating the true meaning of a particular verse, if it’s so easy to implement?

These kind of “Sheikhs” are the extreme Wahabis you have to look out for. They are heretic and very misled.

Yes, the Quran is complete. It is the final Holy Book. But exactly how to we interpret the Holy Word of God? How do we Muslims not repeat the mistakes of the Jews and Christians, who corrupted Allah’s words through false understanding so much that their religions are no longer true? How do we make laws and decrees our of holy verses?

By listening to the guidance and following the example set by the Prophet Muhammad, Peace be Upon Him. He was a human just like us, so constantly received divine guidance from Allah himself on how to properly guide his people. Every time an issue came up, Allah gave the Prophet knowledge on how to successfully lead a good and pure Islamic life. The Hadith acts as a translating device, of sorts, between the Quran and it’s implemtation. One cannot work without the other.

This is pure heresy. The Prophet himself said that the Quran is difficult to understand and implement, it is beyond human comprehension. Therefore, the Hadith and the examples the Prophet made in his lifetime act as a blueprint for us to follow. If the Quran was self-explanatory, why did God send down Prophets? Why scholars spend centuries debating the true meaning of a particular verse, if it’s so easy to implement?

These kind of “Sheikhs” are the extreme Wahabis you have to look out for. They are heretic and very misled.

If you watch the video he basically says that there are flaws in the authentication system of hadith.

He says that certain hadith are rated as Sahih even tho they contradict the Quran. for an example, the Quran says there is no compulsion in religion but then there is a hadith that says that if you leave Islam you get a death penalty etc.

Btw the reasons as to why God sent down prophets are to relay the message to us. They were supposed to be the link between humans and God.

It is mentioned in the lengthy story about Sa’d ibn Hishaam ibn ‘Aamir, when he came to Madeenah and went to ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) and asked her about some matters. He said: I said: O Mother of the believers, tell me about the character of the Messenger of Allaah (S). She said: Do you not read the Qur’aan? I said: Of course. She said: The character of the Prophet of Allaah (S) was the Qur’aan. I wanted to get up and not ask about anything else until I died… Narrated by Muslim (746).

According to another report:

I said: O Mother of the believers, tell me about the character of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). She said: O my son, do you not read the Qur’aan? Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And verily, you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) are on an exalted (standard of) character” [al-Qalam 68:4]. The character of Muhammad was the Qur’aan.

Narrated by Abu Ya’la (8/275) with a saheeh isnaad.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Sharh Muslim (3/268):

What this means is that he acted in accordance with it, adhering to its limits, following its etiquette, paying heed to its lessons and parables, pondering its meanings and reciting it properly. End quote.

Ibn Rajab said in Jaami’ al-‘Uloom wa’l-Hukam (1/148):

What this means is that he followed its etiquette and adopted its attitude. Whatever was praised in the Qur'aan, he was pleased with, and whatever was condemned in the Qur'aan he hated. It says in one report that she said: His attitude was the Qur’aan, whatever it was pleased with he was pleased with and whatever it hated he hated. End quote.

Al-Munaawi said in Fayd al-Qadeer (5/170):

i.e., whatever the Qur’aan contained of commands, prohibitions, promises, warnings, and so on.

Al-Qaadi said: i.e., his attitude embodied everything that was contained in the Qur’aan. Whatever it regarded as good, praised or promoted was his attitude, and whatever it regarded as bad and prohibited, he would avoid. So the Qur’aan described his character. End quote.

So if the prophet acted according to the Quran then why would some scholars claim that the hadith "completes" the Quran.

Yes, the Quran is complete. It is the final Holy Book. But exactly how to we interpret the Holy Word of God? How do we Muslims not repeat the mistakes of the Jews and Christians, who corrupted Allah’s words through false understanding so much that their religions are no longer true? How do we make laws and decrees our of holy verses?

By listening to the guidance and following the example set by the Prophet Muhammad, Peace be Upon Him. He was a human just like us, so constantly received divine guidance from Allah himself on how to properly guide his people. Every time an issue came up, Allah gave the Prophet knowledge on how to successfully lead a good and pure Islamic life. The Hadith acts as a translating device, of sorts, between the Quran and its implementation. One cannot work without the other.

So, you're basically saying that the Quran goes hand in hand with the hadith? cuz you are stating that one cannot work without the other.

I have to disagree, you are basically putting the hadith on the same level as the Quran. Allah promised to protect the Quran and that he will preserve it. So we can say that the Quran is 100% authentic. The hadith, however, is not. Hadiths are alleged sayings of the prophet. Some are Sahih and some are false. And the sheikh is basically saying that the system that rate these hadith are flawed.

And the Christians and the Jews went astray because they changed their divine books and all I am saying that we should fully rely on ours.

So, you're basically saying that the Quran goes hand in hand with the hadith? cuz you are stating that one cannot work without the other.

I have to disagree, you are basically putting the hadith on the same level as the Quran. Allah promised to protect the Quran and that he will preserve it. So we can say that the Quran is 100% authentic. The hadith, however, is not. Hadiths are alleged sayings of the prophet. Some are Sahih and some are false. And the sheikh is basically saying that the system that rate these hadith are flawed.

And the Christians and the Jews went astray because they changed their divine books and all I am saying that we should fully rely on ours.

To give humans complete control over how they should interpret the Quran, which now they don’t have, is just going to cause more problems in the Muslim community than we already have. The Prophets weren’t just sent down to be links, they were sent down to be examples. We venerate them for being pious and perfect human beings who were selected by God himself, which is a huge honour and responsibility.

The language you use to talk about the Hadith is typical of other Quranists, and extremely dangerous. You sound as if you are dismissing the sayings of the Prophet as “baseless” or “inaccurate”, which in itself is extraordinarily heretic. You sound as if the Prophet’s words don’t count, when his words were given to him directly by God via Jibreel. Do not fall into the trap that Quranists do. They softly trash talk the Prophet but don’t always show it because they know it would cause widespread anger and lose them followers.

The fact that you are a 17 year old girl that’s listening to Wahabi “sheikhs” and agreeing with Quranists is extremely worrying. Definitely raises the red flag.

The fact that you are a 17 year old girl that’s listening to Wahabi “sheikhs” and agreeing with Quranists is extremely worrying. Definitely raises the red flag.
To give humans complete control over how they should interpret the Quran, which now they don’t have, is just going to cause more problems in the Muslim community than we already have. The Prophets weren’t just sent down to be links, they were sent down to be examples. We venerate them for being pious and perfect human beings who were selected by God himself, which is a huge honour and responsibility.

The language you use to talk about the Hadith is typical of other Quranists, and extremely dangerous. You sound as if you are dismissing the sayings of the Prophet as “baseless” or “inaccurate”, which in itself is extraordinarily heretic. You sound as if the Prophet’s words don’t count, when his words were given to him directly by God via Jibreel. Do not fall into the trap that Quranists do. They softly trash talk the Prophet but don’t always show it because they know it would cause widespread anger and lose them followers.

It's not giving humans complete control over how they should interpret the Quran. Most verses in the Quran are straightforward. I am not completely dismissing hadiths and I am not saying that you cant use them as help to understand a verse better. Certain verses in the Quran are not as clear and people might interpret them differently. There are certain hadiths that are "Sahih" but contradict the Quran.
and then there are the hadiths that are deemed as Sahih but have no bases in the Quran.

I am not dismissing the sayings of the prophet. I'm just questioning the authentication system used to prove if a hadith really came from a prophet or if it was just made up.

Do you consider all hadith to be authentic?

And how does me, agreeing to this particular video, raise a red flag?

Last edited:

I am pretty sure that this sheikh is not a Wahhabi, as Wahhabis tend to be strict on their teaching. He is simply saying that there is a flaw in the authentication system of hadiths.

Did you even watch the video?

BTW...The prophet Muhammed was a follower of the Quran. Not a follower of Buhari, Daud, Muslim, Trimizi...all of them lived 200 or more years after the death of Muhammed (saw). So Muhammed (saw) was a Quranist.

"And when Our verses are recited to them as clear evidence, those who do not expect the meeting with Us say, "Bring us a Qur'an other than this (Hadith) or change it (Hadith)." Say, [O Muhammad], "It is not for me to change it on my own accord. I only follow what is revealed to me (Quran). Indeed I fear if I should disobey my Lord, the punishment of a tremendous Day." 10:15

"Say, '... I only follow that which is revealed to me (Quran)...'" 46:9

Prophet Mohammed (saw) was a Quranist. He only followed what was revealed to him: The Quran. Thus, to follow Mohammed (saw) is to follow the Quran only.

Last edited:
I personally love The prophet and believe he was the greatest man to walk this earth, he is not the one I have the problem with. It's the authentication of these hadiths I have a problem with.

The hadith which talk about Prophet Muhammad's (saw) personal relations with his wives must be disregarded. The hadith which say Prophet Muhammad (saw) married Aisha when she was 6 are to be disregarded. The hadith which say Prophet Muhammad (saw) made his adopted son divorce his wife to marry her himself, must be disregarded. The hadith which say Prophet Muhammad (saw) had concubines (sex slaves) are to be disregarded. The hadith which say Prophet Muhammad (saw) had a child out of wedlock must be disregarded. The hadith which say Prophet Muhammad (saw) would get intimate with his wives while fasting must be disregarded. And surprisingly, all these shocking hadith are from Sahih Bokhari.

Hadiths that further explain a verse in the Quran I don't have a problem with. I just don't think you know how crazy some of these hadiths are and how bad they present the prophet. I mean, saying that the prophet would have sex with his wives during Ramadan even tho the Quran forbids it, is just crazy to me. Like a said I believe that the prophet was chosen for his great character and I believe he was too good to be doing half of the things that are mention in some hadiths

Last edited:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
How are they Kuffar if they believe in Allah, his prophets, angels and the Quran?

How do you pray? How do you perform Hajj? How do you perform funerals?

You cant cherry pick Sahih hadiths. If you cast doubt on one you cast doubt in all

How do you pray? How do you perform Hajj? How do you perform funerals?

You cant cherry pick Sahih hadiths. If you cast doubt on one you cast doubt in all

All of this is in the Quran tho. It's not cherry picking to dismiss hadiths that CONTRADICTS the Quran.

All of this is in the Quran tho. It's not cherry picking to dismiss hadiths that CONTRADICTS the Quran.

do you speak arabic ? have you studied science of hadith ? do you know condition of a shaheeh hadith
you can't just disregard hadiths you don't like because of western values. the way hadiths where authenticated by reliable reporting to reliable people with corroborating evidence.

this is just a way for munafiqun hypocrites to attack islam you can't attack the quran because you will be called a kafir so instead you attack the sunnah to try undermine islamit it won't work.

and yes concubines/slavery is allowed in islam whether you like or not there are of course conditions but it's allowed it's in the quran

Last edited:
No.. it isnt only 3 prayers are mentioned in the Quran.

Yes, you are right, only three salats are mention in the Quran:

1- Salat Al-Fajr (Dawn Prayer) 24:58

2- Al-Salat Al-Wusta (The Middle Prayer) 2:238
3- Salat Al-Isha (Night Prayer) 24:58

do you speak arabic ? have you studied science of hadith ? do you know condition of a shaheeh hadith
you can't just disregard hadiths you don't like because of western values. the way hadiths where authenticated by reliable reporting to reliable people with corroborating evidence.

this is just a way for munafiqun hypocrites to attack islam you can't attack the quran because you will be called a kafir so instead, you attack the sunnah to try to undermine islamit it won't work

Sunnah means the way or tradition. The prophets Sunnah are derived from the Quran. There are hadith that says that The prophet was a walking Quran, meaning that the prophet fully followed the Quran. So how am I attacking the sunnah and undermining Islam? The prophets Sunnah is the Quran.

I am not disregarding hadith to fit in with western value. Literally, my whole point is and was that HADITH that CONTRADICTS the QURAN should me DISREGARDED!!

Sunnah means the way or tradition. The prophets Sunnah are derived from the Quran. There are hadith that says that The prophet was a walking Quran, meaning that the prophet fully followed the Quran. So how am I attacking the sunnah and undermining Islam? The prophets Sunnah is the Quran.

I am not disregarding hadith to fit in with western value. Literally, my whole point is and was that HADITH that CONTRADICTS the QURAN should me DISREGARDED!!

you said The hadith which say Prophet Muhammad (saw) married Aisha when she was 6 are to be disregarded.

The hadith which say Prophet Muhammad (saw) had concubines (sex slaves) are to be disregarded

how are these hadith not authentic LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts