Should Somalia implement Quranist Islam?

Should we implement quranist Islam?

• yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
you said The hadith which say Prophet Muhammad (saw) married Aisha when she was 6 are to be disregarded.

The hadith which say Prophet Muhammad (saw) had concubines (sex slaves) are to be disregarded

how are these hadith not authentic LOL

Doesn't the prophet having sex slaves and marrying a six years old girl ( who played with toys ) contradict his character?

Last edited:
according to what character a western character or ??

No, according to the Quran.

The 68:4 verse of the Quran says: 'And you [Muhammad] are surely on exalted quality of character'

Plus, there are too many hadiths that contradict each other when it comes to the marriage between the prophet and Aisha. if you take a look at this timeline, her being six doesn't even make sense.

A timeline over Aisha's Life:

• A’isha was born before Islam was revealed in 610, and accepted Islam shortly after it was revealed.
  • The Hijra occurred in 622
  • A’isha’s older sister (of 10 years), Asmaa, was 27 at the time of Hijra, making A’isha 17 at the time of Hijra.
  • A’isha was betrothed to the Prophet two years after the death of Khadijah, or a year before the Hijrah.
  • A’isha moved in with the Prophet a year or two after the Hijrah, or two to four years after her betrothal. (Various reports are unclear, but all agree as to the general time frame.)
  • A’isha was involved in the battles of Badr (624) and Uhud (625), in neither of which was anyone under the age of 15 allowed.
  • A’isha was widowed in 633
  • A’isha died in 672 at the age of 67. (We know that her older sister, Asmaa, died at the age of 100 in the year 695, which means she was 77 at the time of A’isha’s death.)Th

No, according to the Quran.

The 68:4 verse of the Quran says: 'And you [Muhammad] are surely on exalted quality of character'

Plus, there are too many hadiths that contradict each other when it comes to the marriage between the prophet and Aisha. if you take a look at this timeline, her being six doesn't even make sense.

A timeline over Aisha's Life:

• A’isha was born before Islam was revealed in 610, and accepted Islam shortly after it was revealed.
  • The Hijra occurred in 622
  • A’isha’s older sister (of 10 years), Asmaa, was 27 at the time of Hijra, making A’isha 17 at the time of Hijra.
  • A’isha was betrothed to the Prophet two years after the death of Khadijah, or a year before the Hijrah.
  • A’isha moved in with the Prophet a year or two after the Hijrah, or two to four years after her betrothal. (Various reports are unclear, but all agree as to the general time frame.)
  • A’isha was involved in the battles of Badr (624) and Uhud (625), in neither of which was anyone under the age of 15 allowed.
  • A’isha was widowed in 633
  • A’isha died in 672 at the age of 67. (We know that her older sister, Asmaa, died at the age of 100 in the year 695, which means she was 77 at the time of A’isha’s death.)Th
there is no difference of opinion among the scholars that Aisha was 6 years old. Scholarly consensus is protected from error, because the ummah cannot agree on misguidance.

Aisha her self said she was six do you know more than her? or the major scholars of all times? the sahaba all of them agreed you come now centuries later with no knowledge and speak against this.

“And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts)

6. Except from their wives or (the slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame”

[al-Mu’minoon 23:6; al-Ma’aarij 70:30]

right hand possesses ?? meaning slaves concubines.

the prophet saw said “Whoever lies upon me deliberately, then let him take his place in Hell”

there is no difference of opinion among the scholars that Aisha was 6 years old. Scholarly consensus is protected from error, because the ummah cannot agree on misguidance.

Aisha her self said she was six do you know more than her? or the major scholars of all times? the sahaba all of them agreed you come now centuries later with no knowledge and speak against this.

the prophet saw said “Whoever lies upon me deliberately, then let him take his place in Hell”

No, there are countless hadiths that in both Bukhari and Muslim that suggest that she was either 6,7,8, 9 and even 17/18. That should be proof enough that I'm not "coming centuries later" and speaking against this. There has always been an inconsistency when it comes to how old she was.

As for the "right hand possess" vers you are talking about:
Ma malakat aymanykum, wrongly translated as "right hand" posession has nothing to do with slavery or fornication, as ill prove using the Quran.

-Prisoners of war = Asraa or asira (plural) 8:67,76:8
-Slave = Abdan (Mamluka) 16:75,24:32,2:221, imaakum 24:32 or ammah (singular) 2:221, abid to mean slave(s) of Allah
-YOUR OATHS = Aymanikum 2:224,225,5:89,16:92,94,66:2 THEIR OATHS = Aymanihim 5:108,6:109,16:38,24:53,35:42
-right hand = Maimanah 56:8,90:18 or Yamin 17:71,20:17,56:27,38:90-91,74:39

the Quran NEVER EVER uses the word AYMANIKUM to refer to the RIGHT HANDS but always and exclusively for YOUR OATHS.

Ma Malakat aymanikum (lit. "whom your oaths posess" wrongly translated as right hand possession) is a phrase used for the poor humans whom an oath has been pledged to be taken care of. They are not necessarly prisonners of wars but can be if one wishes to take under his special care (under oath) a war prisonner, ie raising his/her status.
In 33:50, the prophet is told that among the categories of women lawful for marriage are Ma Malakat yaminuka (singular) FROM AMONG the prisonners of wars, which proves they are a seperate group from war prisonners. Further in 33:55, the prophet's wives are not blamed for not wearing the veil in the presence of certain groups, including Ma Malakat aymanikum and this again excludes regular war prisonners. Or in 24:58 setting the limits of privacy inside a home between an adult and the rest of his/her household, including Ma Malakat aymanikum who cannot logically be war prisonners. In the context of marriage, they are also mentionned seperately than regular male/female slaves 24:32-33.
Ma malakat aymanikum are therefore some special people in society, weak and unable to provide for themselves. They might have families but are very poor to take care of them, Islam encourages a wealthy/capable believer to take them under his/her wing through an oath that he/she will provide for them.

16:71,4:33,24:33 remind the people of the moral obligation of sharing from what Allah has given them with the weak and poor, including Ma Malakat aymanikum. Then 4:36 clearly explains that the oath takers must provide Ma Malakat aymanikum i.e. those poor humans in our care under oath, equitably with everyone else "And serve Allah and do not associate any thing with Him and be good to the parents and to the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the neighbour of (your) kin and the alien neighbour, and the companion in a journey and the wayfarer and Ma Malakat aymanikum; surely Allah does not love him who is proud, boastful".

No sexual relation (fornication) is allowed with them outside of wedlock 4:3,24:33.
This is emphasized again in 4:25"And whoever among you has not within his power ampleness of means to marry free believing women, then (he may marry) ma malakat aymanikum from among your believing fatayaat (young women); and Allah knows best your faith: you are (sprung) the one from the other; so marry them with the permission of their masters (ahlihuna), and give them their dowries justly, they being chaste, not fornicating, nor receiving paramours; and when they are taken in marriage, then if they are guilty of indecency, they shall suffer half the punishment which is (inflicted) upon free women. This is for him among you who fears falling into evil; and that you abstain is better for you, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful", the believer is told to marry Ma Malakat aymanikum if he cannot sustain a free (financially) believing woman, and he has to take the consent of her family (ahlihuna wrongly translated as masters or owners). Ma Malakat aymanikum must be given their dowries justly and in case they commit an indecency they will have half the punishment of the self sustained women, and if one abstains from punishement altogether and is patient with them it is better, due to their past hardships that may have affected their common sense and judgement.

Last edited:
No, there are countless hadiths that in both Bukhari and Muslim that suggest that she was either 6,7,8, 9 and even 17/18. That should be proof enough that I'm not "coming centuries later" and speaking against this. There has always been an inconsistency when it comes to how old she was.

As for the "right hand possess" vers you are talking about:

your copy pasting from random deviant forums/shia sites. concubines/ slavery is allowed in islam this is undeniable. you won't be successful trying to reinterpret islam to fit western values we don't change our religion based on western values.

this religion is complete and yes we are allowed to take women and children of our war enemies as slaves.

your copy pasting from random deviant forums/shia sites. concubines/ slavery is allowed in islam this is undeniable. you won't be successful trying to reinterpret islam to fit western values we don't change our religion based on western values.

this religion is complete and yes we are allowed to take women and children of our war enemies as slaves.

It wasn't a Shia site it was a forum and they were discussing that verse. If you disagree with the argument, then argue against it. Simple!

I am not trying to reinterpret Islam to fit western values as I believe that the prophet and the early Muslims believed and followed the Quran to the fullest, without hadiths.

This religion is complete with the Quran. As I stated earlier my position on this is that contradicting hadiths should be disregarded.

Last edited:

@Life watch them inshallah
In the video, Nouman Ali Khan says "You cannot separate these two entities". Yes, you can, The fact that he holds the Quran, GODS WORD, and Hadith, alleged statements from the prophet, on the same level really bothers me. Can you explain to me if the Quran says this:

(The literal meaning of hadith = "statement" and "talk".)

[Quran 7:185] Have they not looked at the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all the things God has created? Does it ever occur to them that the end of their life may be near? Which HADITH, besides this (Quran) do they believe in?

[Quran 31:6] Among the people, there are those who uphold baseless HADITH, and thus divert others from the path of God without knowledge, and take it in vain. These have incurred a shameful retribution.

[Quran 39:23] God has revealed herein the BEST HADITH; a book that is consistent and points out both ways (to heaven and hell). The skins of those who reverence their Lord cringe therefrom, then their skins and their hearts soften up for God's message. Such is God's guidance; he bestows it upon whomever He wills. As for those sent astray by God, nothing can guide them.

[Quran 45:6] These are God's revelations (Quran) that we recite to you truthfully. In which HADITH other than God and His revelations do they believe?

[Quran 52:34] Let them produce a HADITH like this (Quran) if they are truthful.

[Quran 68:44] Therefore, let Me deal with those who reject this HADITH

[Quran 77:50] Which HADITH other than this do they uphold?

then why can't we separate those entities?

Last edited:

@Life watch them inshallah

I agree with him on the fact that the hadiths can be used to further understand the context and the meaning of a verse, but what I don't agree with is the standard the hadiths are held up on.

God promised to protect the Quran from any fabrication. Allah didn't make such promise about the hadiths. The fact that Bukhari collected about 600, 000 hadiths and accepted 7275 hadiths and considered 592, 725 hadiths to be un-proven hadiths, lies and/or fabrications, that is almost 99% of what he collected, should be proof enough.

The Quran says this about other books. If you found any contradiction than that should be proof enough that it is not from God

[Quran 4:82] ............If it were from other than God, they would have found in it numerous contradictions.

Like a said I don't have a problem with hadiths being used to understand the context of a verse. it's just the standard its held on that I have a problem with.

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
In the video, Nouman Ali Khan says "You cannot separate these two entities". Yes, you can, The fact that he holds the Quran, GODS WORD, and Hadith, alleged statements from the prophet, on the same level really bothers me. Can you explain to me if the Quran says this:

(The literal meaning of hadith = "statement" and "talk".)

[Quran 7:185] Have they not looked at the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all the things God has created? Does it ever occur to them that the end of their life may be near? Which HADITH, besides this (Quran) do they believe in?

[Quran 31:6] Among the people, there are those who uphold baseless HADITH, and thus divert others from the path of God without knowledge, and take it in vain. These have incurred a shameful retribution.

[Quran 39:23] God has revealed herein the BEST HADITH; a book that is consistent and points out both ways (to heaven and hell). The skins of those who reverence their Lord cringe therefrom, then their skins and their hearts soften up for God's message. Such is God's guidance; he bestows it upon whomever He wills. As for those sent astray by God, nothing can guide them.

[Quran 45:6] These are God's revelations (Quran) that we recite to you truthfully. In which HADITH other than God and His revelations do they believe?

[Quran 52:34] Let them produce a HADITH like this (Quran) if they are truthful.

[Quran 68:44] Therefore, let Me deal with those who reject this HADITH

[Quran 77:50] Which HADITH other than this do they uphold?

then why can't we separate those entities?

That didn't go well..........

I assume you follow the Prophet (PBUH) ? how do you know whether or not your understanding of the quran is similar to the way the Prophet (PBUH) understood it ?

Secondly if you say you follow him, how do you do that ? The Prophet (PBUH) is no longer with us, so logical speaking if nothing has been passed down from the Prophet (PBUH)to follow, it would be impossible for anyone to say that we can follow Him (PBUH) wouldn't you agree ?

AdoonkaAlle

I agree with him on the fact that the hadiths can be used to further understand the context and the meaning of a verse, but what I don't agree with is the standard the hadiths are held up on.

God promised to protect the Quran from any fabrication. Allah didn't make such promise about the hadiths. The fact that Bukhari collected about 600, 000 hadiths and accepted 7275 hadiths and considered 592, 725 hadiths to be un-proven hadiths, lies and/or fabrications, that is almost 99% of what he collected, should be proof enough.

The Quran says this about other books. If you found any contradiction than that should be proof enough that it is not from God

[Quran 4:82] ............If it were from other than God, they would have found in it numerous contradictions.

Like a said I don't have a problem with hadiths being used to understand the context of a verse. it's just the standard its held on that I have a problem with.

Do you know how the Quran has been passed down to us ? It has been done so in the same manner as the hadith and most importantly by the same people. Both Quran and Hadith are a part of the revelation given to Prophet (PBUH), the difference is that the Qur'aan is the word of Allaah, may He be exalted, which was revealed verbatim to the Prophet (PBUH), whereas the Sunnah may not be the words of Allaah, rather it is only His Revelation, so it need not necessarily come to us verbatim, but the meaning of it comes to us.

That didn't go well..........

I assume you follow the Prophet (PBUH) ? how do you know whether or not your understanding of the quran is similar to the way the Prophet (PBUH) understood it ?

Secondly if you say you follow him, how do you do that ? The Prophet (PBUH) is no longer with us, so logical speaking if nothing has been passed down from the Prophet (PBUH)to follow, it would be impossible for anyone to say that we can follow Him (PBUH) wouldn't you agree ?

Simple, The prophet followed the Quran, therefore, I shall follow it too. Allah said that the Quran is easy to remember and understand. Not once but four times in surah al-Qamar

[54:17] We made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn?

[54:22] We made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn?

[54:32] We made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn?

[54:40] We made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn?

The prophet gave us the Quran and that should be enough and you are not supposed to follow the prophet rather the Quran because the prophet followed the Quran.

Do you know how the Quran has been passed down to us ? It has been done so in the same manner as the hadith and most importantly by the same people. Both Quran and Hadith are a part of the revelation given to Prophet (PBUH), the difference is that the Qur'aan is the word of Allaah, may He be exalted, which was revealed verbatim to the Prophet (PBUH), whereas the Sunnah may not be the words of Allaah, rather it is only His Revelation, so it need not necessarily come to us verbatim, but the meaning of it comes to us.

This is a hadith from Muslim were the prophet allegedly said this:

"The Prophet said: "Do not write down anything from me except the Quran. Whoever wrote other than that should delete it." [Sahih Muslim, Book 42, Number 7147,

Yes, the Quran came down the same way as the hadith and by the same people but again God promised to protect the Quran. If the hadiths were also revelations or half as important as the quran then god would vow to protect it too.

[Quran 15:9] Absolutely, we have revealed the reminder, and, absolutely, we will preserve it.

[Quran 56:77-80] This is an honorable Quran. In a protected book. None can grasp it except the sincere. A revelation from the Lord of the universe.

Meaning of Sunnah= " The Way" and "tradition"

you said "whereas the Sunnah may not be the words of Allaah, rather it is only His Revelation,"

So are you saying that hadiths are another of gods revelations?

This is a hadith from Muslim were the prophet allegedly said this:

"The Prophet said: "Do not write down anything from me except the Quran. Whoever wrote other than that should delete it." [Sahih Muslim, Book 42, Number 7147,

Yes, the Quran came down the same way as the hadith and by the same people but again God promised to protect the Quran. If the hadiths were also revelations or half as important as the quran then god would vow to protect it too.

[Quran 15:9] Absolutely, we have revealed the reminder, and, absolutely, we will preserve it.

[Quran 56:77-80] This is an honorable Quran. In a protected book. None can grasp it except the sincere. A revelation from the Lord of the universe.

It was said that the prohibition applied only to those whom it was feared would depend on the writing and not memorize things, and that permission was given for those from whom such a thing was not feared.

The scholars said: a group of the Sahaabah and Taabi’een regarded it as makrooh to write down the hadeeth and they regarded it as mustahabb to learn it from them by heart, as they had learned it. But when people were no longer able to strive so hard (in memorizing) and the scholars feared that knowledge might be lost, they compiled it in books.” https://islamqa.info/en/answers/223...hing-from-me-and-explanation-of-what-it-means

AdoonkaAlle

Simple, The prophet followed the Quran, therefore, I shall follow it too. Allah said that the Quran is easy to remember and understand. Not once but four times in surah al-Qamar

[54:17] We made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn?

[54:22] We made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn?

[54:32] We made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn?

[54:40] We made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn?

The prophet gave us the Quran and that should be enough and you are not supposed to follow the prophet rather the Quran because the prophet followed the Quran.

Yes the Prophet (PBUH) followed the Quran but the question is how do you know you are following or even understanding it correctly ? Merely claiming to follow it doesn't mean you are doing it the manner Ordained by Allah.

Allah SWT chose the Prophet (PBUH) for us to emulate and follow, therefore by following and understanding the Quran the way the Prophet (PBUH) understood we are automatically following the Quran as Ordained by Allah. It's impossible to claim that you follow the Quran and understand it correctly without the Prophet (PBUH). It's akin to claiming that revelation came down to you as that's the only way an individual can claim to understand the Quran correctly without the Prophet (PBUH).

It's common knowledge to accept that the understanding of the Prophet (PBUH) is better than ours which is why we try to follow Him. Allah SWT gave us through the Prophet (PBUH) a living Quran and here you are claiming that we do not need Him nor follow in His footsteps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts