Should khat be banned back home

Status
Not open for further replies.
First and foremost I don't want to be biased. I've chewed khat, before it was illegal in the UK and also back home. My personal opinion is it should be controlled.

I like chewing, talking to people, chilling out. But I definitly also see the negative impact it has on people in a financial and emotional sense.

It's a balwaad, but theirs much worse things out their e.g hard drugs, and even alcohol. Nobody overdoses of khat.

I've seen a lot of casual chewers like myself and I find it sad that theirs this stigma on this wonderful plant. I want to hear you arguments and opinions, what's your stance.

Also who's uncle is this

:mjlaugh:

It makes a ton of money for many people. You can’t take away their only way of earning money without giving some alternatives. The government first needs to create more jobs for the people before banning khat.

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
I think it's haram

People abuse it , get addicted to it and it's harmful to your body

It's should be banned but I don't see it happening, it's a double standard that's existed for a long time

I think it's haram

People abuse it , get addicted to it and it's harmful to your body

It's should be banned but I don't see it happening, it's a double standard that's existed for a long time

OK so haram is something that's considered gamr, an intoxicants that will hinder your prayer or remembrance of Allah. Walahi anyone is somalia with see even marfish, people will pray and some study.

It doesn't hinder them with their religious duties. It's more of a individual choice. just cos some Saudis in a thobe saying it's haram doesn't make it factual.

I think it becomes haram for people who do nothing but chew. Same way people who eat too much, it not right.

It makes a ton of money for many people. You can’t take away their only way of earning money without giving some alternatives. The government first needs to create more jobs for the people before banning khat.

Thats true, it's a way of life for some to make some money. Where there is a demand there will be a supplier.

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
OK so haram is something that's considered gamr, an intoxicants that will hinder your prayer or remembrance of Allah. Walahi anyone is somalia with see even marfish, people will pray and some study.

It doesn't hinder them with their religious duties. It's more of a individual choice. just cos some Saudis in a thobe saying it's haram doesn't make it factual.

I think it becomes haram for people who do nothing but chew. Same way people who eat too much, it not right.

That I can agree on but most khad eaters tend to abuse it which is basically harmful to the society ,to have that many already poor people taking something that eventually becomes addictive

It does more harm then good , banning would create a change in the Somali community back home

That I can agree on but most khad eaters tend to abuse it which is basically harmful to the society ,to have that many already poor people taking something that eventually becomes addictive

It does more harm then good , banning would create a change in the Somali community back home
Be realistic. It would cause riots back home if you were to ban it. First comes regulation, then you can set rules. The government needs to nationalise the supply, ban buying it from Ethiopia and grow it from home. Then when they control the supply, they can set days when it's permitted. Start off with 5 days a week and steadily go down from there.

Let’s put it like this weed is haram because it gets you high

Same with khat chewing it changes you

Now weed is hashish.. It's clearly stated its haraam. Khat came after the prophets time so it not clear.

Khat is like coffee, it doesn't have similar effects to weed. Weed impairs your mind, we're khat makes you more awake.

Also if you smoke a splif, you will behave different, it will also stop you from worship so their not close.

Yeah but walaal it's not that adictive, these people will get their hands on alcohol of khat isn't their. Which is worse. I know people who only chewed khat in UK, but after the ban. Their in pubs and doing drugs.

Last edited:
Be realistic. It would cause riots back home if you were to ban it. First comes regulation, then you can set rules. The government needs to nationalise the supply, ban buying it from Ethiopia and grow it from home. Then when they control the supply, they can set days when it's permitted. Start off with 5 days a week and steadily go down from there.

That makes sense. They should regulate how much comes in to the country, also maybe slightly aducate the people on finance and addiction. My fear is if the country just ends up like Yemen. Khat has flooded that country, in the worst way

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Now weed is hashish.. It's clearly stated its haraam. Khat came after the prophets time so it not clear.

Khat is like coffee, it doesn't have similar effects to weed. Weed impairs your mind, we're khat makes you more awake.

Also if you smoke a splif, you will behave different, it will also stop you from worship so their not close.

It's haram because it causes the people around you and yourself to be harmed Anything that harms the body or mind is haram, let alone harming other people

Plus it kills productivity

Where in somalia are you from.
Because they are all the same. No one prays while they are chewing because they are all unclean. They need to take a shower before they can pray

Sxb have you really ate khat. That shit is so bad. You are awake all night and asleep during the productive hours. It tastes horrible thats why they drink gange

It's haram because it causes the people around you and yourself to be harmed Anything that harms the body or mind is haram, let alone harming other people

Plus it kills productivity

Khat doesn't hinder your prayer unless your chewing all night and don't do anything. I've grew up on seeing wadaad back home reading quran while they chew. Well respected and hard working family members chewing socially.

It never hindered them from their duties. All of the 'you'll do nothing but chew' or 'you'll addicted' is a stigma.

I agree it's not healthy but so is eating too much or drinking a lot of fluids.

Khat doesn't hinder your prayer unless your chewing all night and don't do anything. I've grew up on seeing wadaad back home reading quran while they chew. Well respected and hard working family members chewing socially.

It never hindered them from their duties. All of the 'you'll do nothing but chew' or 'you'll addicted' is a stigma.

I agree it's not healthy but so is eating too much or drinking a lot of fluids.
Sxb how can you pray when your in the state of janab

Where in somalia are you from.
Because they are all the same. No one prays while they are chewing because they are all unclean. They need to take a shower before they can pray

Show me evidence. Walahi that's not true bro, all you need is wudu and your good to go. It doesn't make you unhygienic. Not saying your lying but show me facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending