Should khat be banned back home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah she got people pissed off for bringing the price up. Imagine what banning it would do, it would be dagaalki sookaya marlabaad. The people vs the government.

I remember muse bixi said that he would tackle khat.. I respect him, but all of his friends including he chews. But he just needs to figure out a way to decrease the use.

Maybe start penalising for people who chew during Ramadan, and also tackle misuse.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
In my opinion they should ban it completely than the country will get more productive people better workforce etc everything would go up

But I don’t think that would ever happen I think they should set a high taxation on it the ones who distribute it get a lot of money from it anyways

And they should implement a rule where you can’t eat khat in public only in private or a building where you buy khat

I’m sending all the Somali cab drivers including my on WhatsApp
❤️❤️

Walahi waa yaab ..

Mercury, I think that's a great idea. The importers are millionaires. They need to pay much more tax which can go on the health care.

Also your right about eating in public, it would mean people wouldnt chew openly/ cutting down the usage. I think some hotels are not letting people chew on the premises which is great.

Also some restaurant have strict rules on khat. But I agree with Suldaanka. The youngers don't chew as much now, they've got martial arts, sports.. Etc

Ban= another civil war but ,
It should be banned
It’s dangerous to become dependent on khat sitting all day chewing like sac mirqaan is responsible of the violence and mental disorder with it's severe side effects.
conspitation tho :mindblown:

Ban= another civil war but ,
It should be banned
It’s dangerous to become dependent on khat sitting all day chewing like sac mirqaan is responsible of the violence and mental disorder with it's severe side effects.
conspitation tho :mindblown:

Not everyone chews all day. Besides get rid of khat, the people will result to drinking. I've seen it first hand basis in the UK. Drinking is the mother of all sins. And the abdis rather drink then buy garaabo.

Not saying they don't have alcohol there, but it's not common.. Also no point drinking because you actually get crap Ethiopian stuff.

Not everyone chews all day. Besides get rid of khat, the people will result to drinking. I've seen it first hand basis in the UK. Drinking is the mother of all sins. And the abdis rather drink then buy garaabo.

Not saying they don't have alcohol there, but it's not common.. Also no point drinking because you actually get crap Ethiopian stuff.

May Allah guides us and them to the straight path
Ameen

First and foremost I don't want to be biased. I've chewed khat, before it was illegal in the UK and also back home. My personal opinion is it should be controlled.

I like chewing, talking to people, chilling out. But I definitly also see the negative impact it has on people in a financial and emotional sense.

It's a balwaad, but theirs much worse things out their e.g hard drugs, and even alcohol. Nobody overdoses of khat.

I've seen a lot of casual chewers like myself and I find it sad that theirs this stigma on this wonderful plant. I want to hear you arguments and opinions, what's your stance.

Also who's uncle is this

:mjlaugh:
the real question is why is it not ban yet?

Oortcloud

Expert in jinn exorcism-jinni ceejiye
Khat doesn't hinder your prayer unless your chewing all night and don't do anything. I've grew up on seeing wadaad back home reading quran while they chew. Well respected and hard working family members chewing socially.

It never hindered them from their duties. All of the 'you'll do nothing but chew' or 'you'll addicted' is a stigma.

I agree it's not healthy but so is eating too much or drinking a lot of fluids.

Khat is haram 90% of the people who chew khat steal from people to continue chewing khat.that is why nobody in somalia trusts khat chewer with anything mobile laptop or miney they will still.you can not compare eating normal food with eating haram leaves that cuases families to broke.i have seen husbands spending money on khat while his kids sleep on empty stomach.you def support khat cuz you are also addicted.i will nevet touch a khat and majority of khat users are losers and never to be trusted.i have seen guys who spend hours in chewing sessions while their wives get fucked behind their backs

It is haram

Show me the source.. Like khat. Is haram. Without beating around the bush. I've not chewed in 2 years. So Im defo not an addict.

Besides I said theirs issues with khat and hope we don't end up like Yemen. But I've said both pros and cons. But the cons are outwayed by the stigma from women. Who say my son can't work due too khat or my husband is deadbeat due to khat.

It's all lies, they don't work because they chose not too. It's just facts. There's people that I've seen who work their buts off, and chew socially. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes. But everyone creates a stigma cos some abdi is talking to himself while he chews.

Sometimes you have to look at the source of the problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending