Sheikh Yasir Qadhi Supports Same Sex Unions

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SOMACOON

Aucuthubillah

LOL @ the title of this thread. @Duchess You are cunningly trying to mislead people from the path of Allah (SWT). "Shaykh Yasir Qadhi supports same sex unions" anybody who reads that title would think he has issued a verdict declaring homosexuality to be halal.

My previous post was more of a calculated response as the title of this thread is truly misleading.

From an Islamic perspective, homosexuals are supposed to be punished, not be granted social and economical welfare. Rejecting civil same-sex marriages is thus closer to the teachings of Islam.

tumblr_inline_mwk18mS56p1r8iafe.gif

Yasir Qadhi promotes a watered-down version of Islam which is palatable to the West. So not really surprised. He is a typical Salafi burnout.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
@TheXamarCadcadGuy you have a habit of speaking without knowledge. You didn't even bother to watch the video I posted before going in on a Sheikh who has more Islamic knowledge than you could ever hope to attain. :reallymaury:Don't blame me for your own arrogance and stupidity because my topic title is accurate. Sheikh Qadhi believes homosexual couples have the right to get married in secular countries such as the United States and his position has been reiterated by other Sheikhs and scholars.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
People will indulge in zina and have friends who drink alcohol but will be vehemently against gays, even though they just committing sins just like you with your zina.

Duchess

VIP
@Duchess

I'm not against alcohol being sold in Canada. Does that mean I support alcohol being sold in Canada?

Rewatch the video starting at 11:40. When Sh Qadhi is pressed by Mehdi Hasan, he makes his position very clear. He said he is in support of their political rights. lol

Rewatch the video starting at 11:40. When Sh Qadhi is pressed by Mehdi Hasan, he makes his position very clear. He said he is in support of their political rights. lol

His exact quote:

"Politically yes, but morally, I'm against it."

Doesn't his moral stance supersede his political stance, or at the very least break even with it?

All I'm saying is that you should've titled the thread differently. And his answer was after Mehdi was using the classic shameful TV interview tactic of boxing you in a corner. He did pretty welll overall.

Mehdi was such a try hard in regards to trying to stay unbiased, it was pretty ridiculous and annoying.

Hafez

VIP
@TheXamarCadcadGuy you have a habit of speaking without knowledge. You didn't even bother to watch the video I posted before going in on a Sheikh who has more Islamic knowledge than you could ever hope to attain. :reallymaury:Don't blame me for your own arrogance and stupidity because my topic title is accurate. Sheikh Qadhi believes homosexual couples have the right to get married in secular countries such as the United States and his position has been reiterated by other Sheikhs and scholars.
LMAO @ this girl. I have a habit of speaking without knowledge? Have you even studied basic Arabic (nahw & Sarf), Seerah, Fiqh, Usul al Fiqh, ilm ul Rijaal, terminology was of the fuqaha, 'ijmaa, etc? I didn't think so. I doubt you have even studied elementary level kitabs in these sciences that even my 14 year old brother has completed.

Mention to us one kitaab you've studied Horta before you accuse others of speaking without knowledge.

The title is misleading because it seems generic and not specific you absolute fool. Lol @ more Islamic knowledge then I could ever hope to attain, wallahi I have a cousin who's around 25 that's more knowledgeable, he made it in to Markas Takwin Al-Ulamaa judging from this guys speech I doubt he reached Mughni al-Labib in Arabic language.

Besides I'm only 20 years old and I've noticed him & shaykh Hamza make mistakes about the seerah of Sahaba let alone major issues.

'The shaykh believes homosexuals have the right to get married in secular States?'

Why does it concern a 'Muslim Shaykh' regarding the rights of homosexuals in a 'secular state'?

It's like saying non Muslims should have the right to eat pork in a secular state. What is the point behind this statement? Why would a shaykh promote same-sex marriages amongst non-Muslims? We can't sell pork to non-muslims so how can we promote same-sex marriages amongst them?
:faysalwtf:
It would of been better if he did not even comment on this issue in the first place.

Besides, promoting the haram amongst the kuffar is clearly forbidden.

O you who have believed, do not violate the rites of Allah or [the sanctity of] the sacred month or [neglect the marking of] the sacrificial animals and garlanding [them] or [violate the safety of] those coming to the Sacred House seeking bounty from their Lord and [His] approval. But when you come out of iúram, then [you may] hunt. And do not let the hatred of a people for having obstructed you from al-Masjid al-haram lead you to transgress. And cooperate in righteousness and piety, but do not cooperate in sin and aggression. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is severe in penalty. 5:2

We've been warned about deviant scholars who will misguide the masses. Traditional scholars of homosexuality have already taught about matters pertaining to homosexuality, even I can directly derive the rulings regarding homosexuality from the Qur'an, this issue is very clear.

Land of Punt

Punt is an cushtic empire located in the horn
its disgusting, unatural and a way for the people who control this planet to futher destroy human society

Duchess

VIP
His exact quote:

"Politically yes, but morally, I'm against it."

Doesn't his moral stance supersede his political stance, or at the very least break even with it?

All I'm saying is that you should've titled the thread differently. And his answer was after Mehdi was using the classic shameful TV interview tactic of boxing you in a corner. He did pretty welll overall.

Mehdi was such a try hard in regards to trying to stay unbiased, it was pretty ridiculous and annoying.

But my topic is about his political position on this issue, not his religious / moral one. That's why I used the term union instead of marriage. lol I know Islamically that gay couples can not get married and I would never claim that the Sheikh supported such a position.

But my topic is about his political position on this issue, not his religious / moral one. That's why I used the term union instead of marriage. lol I know Islamically that gay couples can not get married and I would never claim that the Sheikh supported such a position.

lol just mention it in the OP next time, cuz people like @TheXamarCadcadGuy will get confused. I knew what you meant but it was a bit ambiguous :damedamn:

I mean now he's pulling the classic Salafi rant of calling scholars he may disagree with deviants lol

T

Tokio

lol just mention it in the OP next time, cuz people like @TheXamarCadcadGuy will get confused. I knew what you meant but it was a bit ambiguous :damedamn:

I mean now he's pulling the classic Salafi rant of calling scholars he may disagree with deviants lol
if only he watched the video then that confusion wouldn't have occurred...

nice bait thou, Duchess :reallymaury:

Land of Punt

Punt is an cushtic empire located in the horn
its got so low for somalis, that even a xamar guy is lecturing you,
on one side there is arab/salafist somali wanabes and other bantu/white atheist wanabes
why cant there be true moderate muslim somali (non qablist) nationalists anymore?????

Hafez

VIP

I'm not confused. Rather, it's you lot that are confused lmao. We are supposed to enjoin what's right and forbid what's wrong.

Besides, I'm not a Salafi. They are lamadaahibeen while I follow Shafi'i. I wouldn't expect you to understand this.

I'm not confused. Rather, it's you lot that are confused lmao. We are supposed to enjoin what's right and forbid what's wrong.

Besides, I'm not a Salafi. They are lamadaahibeen while I follow Shafi'i. I wouldn't expect you to understand this.

I never said you were Salafi bro.

You could've watched the video and your initial response would've been different lol. The only thing I was arguing was the title.

Duchess

VIP

You could've watched the video and your initial response would've been different lol. The only thing I was arguing was the title.

Just so you know who you are talking to:

Besides I'm only 20 years old and I've noticed him & shaykh Hamza make mistakes about the seerah of Sahaba let alone major issues.

This guy believes he's more knowledgeable Sh Qadhi and Sh Hamza Yusuf. lol While you dislike the title, he completely disagrees with Sh Qadhi and thinks he's a deviant scholar.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
It's up to western nations to govern themselves as they see fit. I don't agree with same-sex unions, I don't even agree with
the idea of being a openly gay Muslim, however there are many things going on in Islam today that are out of our hands.
In the age of Duhayma a sincere Muslim is better off living life by upholding what God and his messenger upheld, and rejected that which they rejected. What I despise is Muslims of my generation who were born in the West, reshaping Islam so it befits the standards of western society, placing themselves below others. The universe has a moral order, and what is morally good and truthful will eventually triumph over immorality and wanton ignorance...

My two cents.

Hafez

VIP

And I never said you said I'm Salafi (I'm using you're own reasoning methodology against you).

I agree with you regarding the title sxb. Either this girl is extremely stupid or intends to misguide the Muslims or both, I think both. Who in their right state of mind would not assume that the title is generic and misleading?

My response would not of been any different. Let's analyse the concept of 'supporting same-sex marriage, politically'.

What impacts would supporting 'same-sex marriage politically' have on society? Will it not lead to the normalisation of homosexuality in general?

I understand the fact that supporting it politically means supporting the fact that homosexual married couples would get the same rights, social and economical benefits as heterosexual married couples. Tell me brother, what benefit would such a verdict bring? Why would one support that they should be granted these rights and benefits when homosexuals are supposed to be punished in Islam? Who's to say that Muslim homosexual couples would not get married in these 'secular' states? Why would a 'Shaykh' support civil same-sex marriages? Are we not supposed to encourage others to do good deeds and avoid the bad?

O you who have believed, do not violate the rites of Allah or [the sanctity of] the sacred month or [neglect the marking of] the sacrificial animals and garlanding [them] or [violate the safety of] those coming to the Sacred House seeking bounty from their Lord and [His] approval. But when you come out of iúram, then [you may] hunt. And do not let the hatred of a people for having obstructed you from al-Masjid al-haram lead you to transgress. And cooperate in righteousness and piety, but do not cooperate in sin and aggression. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is severe in penalty. 5:2

Just so you know who you are talking to:

This guy believes he's more knowledgeable Sh Qadhi and Sh Hamza Yusuf. lol While you dislike the title, he completely disagrees with Sh Qadhi and thinks he's a deviant scholar.
I didn't say I'm more knowledgeable than them but they are not as knowledgable as you think. I honestly believe that I can surpass them within 3-5 years. I admire the righteous works that they have done but they slyly propagate incorrect information and teachings that sadly, Muslims passively accept without critically analysing. Horta, it's not possible to critically analyse without knowledge. Knowledge is required to distinguish between truth and falsehood.

It's funny when you try to find the statements of 'scholars' or people 'more knowledgeable than me' to justify your stance on a particular issue. I can find WAY more knowledgeable, actual scholars that would agree with my opinion.

The Sharia law will not change, get over it. The rules have been made clear and the pen has been lifted. What was haraam at the time of the Salaf is haraam today and it will be haraam until Qiyaamah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts