Sheikh ul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah believed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Well then he's wrong? :francis:

Am I supposed to take anything else from this:cosbyhmm:

Ibn Taymiyaah is in his grave now, he is dust khalaas no more superiority, may Allah deal with him how he deserves

Well then he's wrong? :francis:

Am I supposed to take anything else from this:cosbyhmm:

Kickz

Though Taymiyah died in prison for allegedly causing “fitna” and accused to be a “khawaarij”, he was also disowned by his father and elder brother who were Islamic Hanafi scholars. But he is the intellectual source of the Salafi aka Wahabi doctrine and followers of this sect, revere him as second only to Mohamed.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Kickz

Though Taymiyah died in prison for allegedly causing “fitna” and accused to be a “khawaarij”, he was also disowned by his father and elder brother who were Islamic Hanafi scholars. But he is the intellectual source of the Salafi aka Wahabi doctrine and followers of this sect, revere him as second only to Mohamed.

Meh, no human is infallible, these things should only worry those that hold people infallible.

Its why we do not have Popes or priests to begin with.:mjohreally:

...that Arab Muslims were superior to Non-Arab Muslims.

:what:
It based on a hadith lol

Narrated Wathilah bin Al-Asqa’:
that the Messenger of Allah (S) said: “Indeed Allah has granted eminence (istafa) to Isma’il [the ancestor of the Arabs] from the children of Ibrahim, and He granted eminence to Banu Kinanah from the children of Isma’il, and He granted eminence to the Quraish [the tribe of the Prophet(s)] from Banu Kinanah, and He granted eminence to the Banu Hashim [the clan of the Prophet(S)] from the Quraish, and He granted eminence to me from Banu Hashim.”
https://islamicvirtues.com/2013/12/12/superiority-of-the-race-of-arabs-over-non-arabs/
Meh, no human is infallible, these things should only worry those that hold people infallible.

Its why we do not have Popes or priests to begin with.:mjohreally:
Exactly, they're all regular people and are just as susceptible to bad or wrong ideas.

Yeah, but how can a scholar of fiqh say such an ignorant thing?

Bro you know Ibn Abbas ra and At-Tabari said the world is on the back of a whale and some of the Sahaba believed the child conceived from having sex with your wife from behind will be blind; there's a lot of stupid fatwas and superstitions out there.

He never said such a thing if you carefully read what you have posted, let me quote an excerpt.

Al-Haafidh Aboo Taahir as-Silafee in The Virtue of the Arabs
narrated from Abee Ja’far Muhammad bin ‘Ali bin al-Hasanibn ‘Ali that he said:
“Whoever is born into Islaam is an Arab.”
This is narrated from Abee Ja’far. Because whoever is born into Islaam is born into the homeland of the Arabs and acquired its speech, this is how the matter is

On page 9 at the bottom he quotes the hadith narrated from Abu Hurayra in the footnotes "whoever speaks Arabic is an Arab"

Ibn Taymiyyah also quotes the following hadith which he considers authentic in his footnote of what you presented (other scholars dispute it's authenticity)

Oh my people! God is one and the same. Our father is the same. No one amongst you inherits Arabic from his father or mother. Arabic is a habit of the tongue, so whoever speaks Arabic is an Arab" (al-Ittijah al-Qawmi fi al-Shi'r al-'Arabi al-Hadith: 216)

From the research I have done on this topic, Lisan al Arab was widely spoken outside of the Arabian peninsula, it's what English is today, Latin was back in the day etc. Even the Habashi's in Yemen spoke it, we also know "Salman Al Farasi" that came from Persia spoke it.

Keep in mind Hebrew/Aramaic before this were also widely spoken and these are semitic sister languages, anyone that would have studied scriptures those days would have known classical Arabic as well, the Jews in Medina did, we know some roman slaves that later became the best of companions like Suhayb ar-Rumi spoke the language, there is no description of any translators whatsoever or them being taught the language.

Ibn Taymiyyah postulates that the Persian's likely in those days spoke Lisan Al Arab too from what you posted. This makes perfect sense because the greatest contribution to Arabic grammatical analysis of the Quran came from Persian scholars, and these were very early in history.

There is no doubt the Muslim who knows or learns classical Arabic (not the junk spoken today which is not the type of Arabic being talked about) is superior then the Muslim who doesn't speak it, because such a person has a better connection to Allah's book.

Those that speak the Junk Arabic (shameful to call it Arabic) don't even understand the Quran at all when it's recited, I met many of them during Umrah 7 years ago and who didn't even speak any form (classical or junk) had 100x better understanding then they did.

Last edited:

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
Kickz

:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown: So inaccurate:kanyehmm:

Ibn taymiyyas father wasn't hanafi, nor did his father & elder brother disown him. That's Mohammed ibn abdul wahaab, born about 5 centuries after ibn taymiyyah

:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown: So inaccurate:kanyehmm:

Ibn taymiyyas father wasn't hanafi, nor did his father & elder brother disown him. That's Mohammed ibn abdul wahaab, born about 5 centuries after ibn taymiyyah

Xisaabiye

My bad, yeah, you are right because I mixed him with Abdiwahab, he wasn’t disowned by his father and elder brother, but he was considered “a khawarij” and died in prison. My apologies.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
This was why the Ummayad Empire fell, racist policies and views from the elitist arab ruling class

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Are you one of those AICP Hararis? Takfiri Sufis lmao

r u a wahhabi who is offended that his sheikh ul shaytan ibn taymiyyah was called a kafir? u know we aicp, we get to the point and fully do takfir on al shabab no hesitation. wahhabis aint "bad muslims", they straight kufar 100:lolbron: take your shahadah right now if u believe in wahhabism:draketf:

r u a wahhabi who is offended that his sheikh ul shaytan ibn taymiyyah was called a kafir? u know we aicp, we get to the point and fully do takfir on al shabab no hesitation. wahhabis aint "bad muslims", they straight kufar 100:lolbron: take your shahadah right now if u believe in wahhabism:draketf:

See how I called it :bell:

You people are deviants by consensus of your fellow Sufis my friend

takfirigaa tahay wass

Young Popeye

Call me pops
See how I called it :bell:

You people are deviants by consensus of your fellow Sufis my friend

takfirigaa tahay wass

I find it amusing that if the kitchen gets hot when aicp gets involved u run to the Sufi side and try to cause divide and conquer haha. Most Sufis today are paid to be silent when terrorists are wreaking havoc. Sufi wahhabi or whatever if u don’t follow Sunni Islamic teachings your a kufar now back to your beloved sheikh ul shaytan ibn taymiyyah, his followers can not hide from aicp. U can’t pay us to stop takfir we go off

Status
Not open for further replies.