Sheikh ul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah believed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well maybe I wouldn't say that because the story of prophet Yunus (as) is in the Quran:mugshotman: You're fully reaching bro just stop it:mjlol:
Yes, but the same principle holds: they're both scientifically untenable. You cannot survive in the stomach of a whale. You'd be snapped in half. And then there's the small matter of no oxygen. Same with the prophet's night journey when he went to heaven. There's no oxygen in outer space. You can't breathe without a space suit. Scientifically, this is an impossibility. That's why your objections to the Sahaba can be applied just as much to the Qur'an.

Yes, but the same principle holds: they're both scientifically untenable. You cannot survive in the stomach of a whale. You'd be snapped in half. And then there's the small matter of no oxygen. Same with the prophet's night journey when he went to heaven. There's no oxygen in outer space. You can't breathe without a space suit. Scientifically, this is an impossibility. That's why your objections to the Sahaba can be applied just as much to the Qur'an.

Are you retarded? One is in the Quran and one is a statement from a sahabi?:mugshotman:

Are you retarded? One is in the Quran and one is a statement from a sahabi?:mugshotman:
Yes, I have a low IQ. It's not my fault I was dropped on my head as a kid now is it.

You're not dealing with the substance of my argument. The only reason that you dismiss the Sahaba on these issues and the reason you call their fatwas "stupid" and "superstition" is because their views are contrary to science and because they appear absurd. Whales holding up planets does indeed sound "stupid". Blindness being caused by doggystyle sex does sound like "superstition ", but they are not any more unscientific then reams and reams of what is in the Quran and Sunnah. My question is: how do you decide which unscientific thing is "stupid" and which is not? A flying horse sounds pretty far fetched too. At least whales exist. Why can't they be miracles?

Yes, I have a low IQ. It's not my fault I was dropped on my head as a kid now is it.

You're not dealing with the substance of my argument. The only reason that you dismiss the Sahaba on these issues and the reason you call their fatwas "stupid" and "superstition" is because their views are contrary to science and because they appear absurd. Whales holding up planets does indeed sound "stupid". Blindness being caused by doggystyle sex does sound like "superstition ", but they are not any more unscientific then reams and reams of what is in the Quran and Sunnah. My question is: how do you decide which unscientific thing is "stupid" and which is not? A flying horse sounds pretty far fetched too. At least whales exist. Why can't they be miracles?

The reason they can't be miracles is because there is no proof in Quran or Sunnah that either of those things I stated occurred; in fact the "enter your wife from behind" one is stated in the Quran. In contrast those other things which you have stated are in the Quran so as a Muslim I am forced to believe it khalaas

VixR

Veritas

:dead:

There's no way you're Muslim.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
It based on a hadith lol

Narrated Wathilah bin Al-Asqa’:
that the Messenger of Allah (S) said: “Indeed Allah has granted eminence (istafa) to Isma’il [the ancestor of the Arabs] from the children of Ibrahim, and He granted eminence to Banu Kinanah from the children of Isma’il, and He granted eminence to the Quraish [the tribe of the Prophet(s)] from Banu Kinanah, and He granted eminence to the Banu Hashim [the clan of the Prophet(S)] from the Quraish, and He granted eminence to me from Banu Hashim.”
https://islamicvirtues.com/2013/12/12/superiority-of-the-race-of-arabs-over-non-arabs/

Exactly, they're all regular people and are just as susceptible to bad or wrong ideas.
Islam is an Arab religion and you’re an Arab bootyclapper for following it. Think about it. You force yourself to utter Arabic words you have no use for in your life. You bow down and face Saudi Arabia every day and you give billions of dollars to Saudi tourist ministry.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
He was an authority on Islam. You don’t know he was wrong. You wouldn’t know more than him would you?

And the Pope knows more about Christianity than I do, what does it matter?:gucciwhat:

The point is, what differentiates us from Christians and Jews is we can question our scholars and authorities whenever we please because we do not take them as infallible.:mjpls:

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
And the Pope knows more about Christianity than I do, what does it matter?:gucciwhat:

The point is, what differentiates us from Christians and Jews is we can question our scholars and authorities whenever we please because we do not take them as infallible.:mjpls:
His interpretation of Islam is more credible than yours since he spent way more time studying it. You don’t get to overwrite him so you can be anti racist. Your religion is racist.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
His interpretation of Islam is more credible than yours since he spent way more time studying it. You don’t get to overwrite him so you can be anti racist. Your religion is racist.

This is a moot arguement as @Inquisitive has filled us in on the details of this situation with this Sheikh. My point is anyone can study the deen and can call out authorities as they are not infallible, and can make mistakes.

The reason they can't be miracles is because there is no proof in Quran or Sunnah that either of those things I stated occurred; in fact the "enter your wife from behind" one is stated in the Quran. In contrast those other things which you have stated are in the Quran so as a Muslim I am forced to believe it khalaas
If it's not in the Quran, why not just say it is not in the Quran. Why call the Sahaba stupid and superstitious? There is an emotional undertone to your criticism, as if what Ibn Abbas said is idiotic, as opposed to merely wrong, which you're not addressing. The reason why I'm harping on about science here is because "superstition" implies that something is unscientific and proven wrong by facts. That's different from saying it is not in Allah's book. For example, the Bible says that satan, in the guise of a talking snake, made Adam and Eve eat from the tree. Some Muslims laugh at this. A talking snake! Stupid! Superstition! Crazy! Thank God there's nothing in the Quran about that nonsense! But hadiths say that shaytan can assume the form of a snake, so actually the Biblical account may be right.

If the Quran said the world rested on the back of a whale, you would not dispute it, since there is no scriptural basis for favoring one miraculous act over another even if it contradicted astronomy, but you've put your trust on science over the Sahaba because you're not confident in your iman.

Also, not everything the prophet said has been collected by hadith compilers. He spoke millions upon millions of words in his life. Hadiths number only in the thousands, so the whale stuff could be in the statements that were not collected. There's a sahih hadith which says there used to be an ayah in the Quran about rajm (stoning), but it was lost because a goat came into the house of Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) and ate the piece of paper on which it is written. If Quranic verses can be lost, there's no basis for thinking hadiths can't.

Last edited:
If it's not in the Quran, why not just say it is not in the Quran. Why call the Sahaba stupid and superstitious? There is an emotional undertone to your criticism, as if what Ibn Abbas said is idiotic, as opposed to merely wrong, which you're not addressing. The reason why I'm harping on about science here is because "superstition" implies that something is unscientific and proven wrong by facts. That's different from saying it is not in Allah's book. For example, the Bible says that satan, in the guise of a talking snake, made Adam and Eve eat from the tree. Some Muslims laugh at this. A talking snake! Stupid! Superstition! Crazy! Thank God there's nothing in the Quran about that nonsense! But hadiths say that shaytan can assume the form of a snake, so actually the Biblical account may be right.

1. If the Quran said the world rested on the back of a whale, you would not dispute it, since there is no scriptural basis for favoring one miraculous act over another even if it contradicted astronomy, but 2. you've put your trust on science over the Sahaba because you're not confident in your iman.

Also, not everything the prophet said has been collected by hadith compilers. He spoke millions upon millions of words in his life. Hadiths number only in the thousands, so the whale stuff could be in the statements that were not collected. There's a sahih hadith which says there used to be an ayah in the Quran about rajm (stoning), but it was lost because a goat came into the house of Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) and ate the piece of paper on which it is written. If Quranic verses can be lost, there's no basis for thinking hadiths can't.

You cannot use the serpent argument here as that's in the Bible; this isn't.

1. Correct

2. Wrong. This was made up by Jewish rabbis in their OWN books, in fact there's nothing in the current corrupt Torah or Injeel to support this idea, now lets see how the Prophet saw would react to someone using the stories/scriptures of ahlul kitab:

An-Nasaa’i and others narrated from the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) that he saw a page of the Torah in the hand of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allah be pleased with him). He said: “If Moosa were alive, and you were to follow him and leave me, you would go astray.” According to another report: “… he would have no option but to follow me.” According to another version: The face of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) changed when ‘Umar showed that to him, and one of the Ansaar said to him: O son of al-Khattaab, do you not see the face of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)? ‘Umar said: I am content with Allah as my Lord, Islam is my religion, and Muhammad as my Prophet.

Also I dismissed these stories as superstitions because that's what they are; Jews are very superstitious people and it is one of the things that caused them to be cursed; funnily enough Muslims are following in their footsteps with stupid superstitions i.e. shaytaan prays on upside down shoes.

You cannot use the serpent argument here as that's in the Bible; this isn't.

1. Correct

2. Wrong. This was made up by Jewish rabbis in their OWN books, in fact there's nothing in the current corrupt Torah or Injeel to support this idea, now lets see how the Prophet saw would react to someone using the stories/scriptures of ahlul kitab:

An-Nasaa’i and others narrated from the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) that he saw a page of the Torah in the hand of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allah be pleased with him). He said: “If Moosa were alive, and you were to follow him and leave me, you would go astray.” According to another report: “… he would have no option but to follow me.” According to another version: The face of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) changed when ‘Umar showed that to him, and one of the Ansaar said to him: O son of al-Khattaab, do you not see the face of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)? ‘Umar said: I am content with Allah as my Lord, Islam is my religion, and Muhammad as my Prophet.

Also I dismissed these stories as superstitions because that's what they are; Jews are very superstitious people and it is one of the things that caused them to be cursed; funnily enough Muslims are following in their footsteps with stupid superstitions i.e. shaytaan prays on upside down shoes.
What is your definition of superstition? The word means irrational myths. I expect that from materialists who dismiss the supernatural but surely you believe in the ghayb?

Firstly, the New Testament is not the Injeel. That's a common misconception. The NT was written by men after the alleged death of Jesus, but the Injeel was revealed to Jesus before he left this earth. The gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, which tell us about the life of Jesus were not in it. Same with the Old Testament. These books were not "corrupted" by men. They were always the handiwork of men. No Christian believes that these books came down from heaven. They believe they were written by the disciples of Jesus, or written by Moses.

Your arguments about the Sahaba remind me of this Arab guy. Do you agree with his definition of what is superstition and what is not?

Islam is an Arab religion and you’re an Arab bootyclapper for following it. Think about it. You force yourself to utter Arabic words you have no use for in your life. You bow down and face Saudi Arabia every day and you give billions of dollars to Saudi tourist ministry.

Did your forefathers come up with atheism ? or evolution? or any of the crap that you belief ?

What's ironic is that you follow a set of belief of a group of people that thought you were nothing more then a sub-human starting with Darwin himself, yet you have the audacity to not only shamefully champion this like the class A coon that you are, but you have the nerve to attack others for being booty clappers.

The Arab has never done anything to us, we never fought them in any battle, in fact they aided us in several battles during the Ottoman era, the Ottoman legion was full of Arab's in those regions!

But our forefathers continuously fought the European white colonialist you worship countless of times, and had it not been for their gallant ferocious resistance, they would have been forced onto slave ships and you would have been the descendants of slaves lost and confused today.

They fought to keep our religion, culture, language in-tact which many nations lost, even though they were invaded by 1 colonialist country while we had 3 at once, including the Portuguese before, they did all of this for you, yet you gave everything up without ever firing a single bullet, qashin foqol qashin, your an utter disgrace.

Francis_Galton.png

ppt_darwin_book_racist.jpg

1388874526478.png

darwin_sexist_asshat.jpg

gould-racism.jpg

What is your definition of superstition? The word means irrational myths. I expect that from materialists who dismiss the supernatural but surely you believe in the ghayb?

Firstly, the New Testament is not the Injeel. That's a common misconception. The NT was written by men after the alleged death of Jesus, but the Injeel was revealed to Jesus before he left this earth. The gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, which tell us about the life of Jesus were not in it. Same with the Old Testament. These books were not "corrupted" by men. They were always the handiwork of men. No Christian believes that these books came down from heaven. They believe they were written by the disciples of Jesus, or written by Moses.

Your arguments about the Sahaba remind me of this Arab guy. Do you agree with his definition of what is superstition and what is not?

Wow your gaalnimo is really coming out today ,are you really saying that if ; stories IN the Quran that do not conform with modern science are not superstitions how can you say these other things which are NOT IN the Quran or sunnah are just that; superstitions ?

I don't know about irrational myths, when I say superstition I mean beliefs that do not conform with the Quran and Sunnah and ignorant people blind follow, in a lot of cases this actually leads to the person leaving the fold of Islam through Shirk. In Islam superstitions are haram at best and kufr at worst.

That video you posted is exactly why I am against this story, it becomes ammunition for disbelievers to attack Islam and ask stupid questions, on top of that let's say EVEN if it was true, how on earth is it beneficial knowledge to us? No pun intended.

On top of that Ibn Abbas (ra) was DEFINITELY wrong in this scenario as he used the letter Nuun at the beginning of Surah Al-Qalam to fit this narrative in with the Quran but we as Muslims know that these stand alone letters at the beginning of Surahs are outside of our knowledge and only Allah azza wajjal knows what they mean..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending