Russia In Talks With Breakaway Republic Of Somaliland To Build A 1500-Man Naval Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
https://intelligencebriefs.com/russ...of-somaliland-to-build-a-1500-man-naval-base/

Africa, Defence News, Europe, Intelligence News, Military Intelligence, Russia, Somalia,Terrorism & War

April 12, 2018

by Goldberg

Russia is reportedly in talks with autonomous Somaliland in Somalia to establish a 1500-man naval base. However, reports from sources close to the Somaliland leadership that the breakaway republic gave one condition to Russia that they recognize her independence from Somalia. Recognize her independence from Somalia.

The rumored location of the potential base is outside of Zeila city, near the border with Djibouti.

If that happens, Moscow, which under Vladimir Putin has recognized two breakaway republics on the territory of the former Soviet space and promoted secessionist movements in Europe and the United States, would send a powerful signal that it is now prepared to get involved with secessionist groups in Africa, which are both numerous and troublesome.

Russia joins the list of world superpowers seeking to establish bases in the Horn of Africa region in what is being viewed as a strategic advantage because of the proximity to the Middle East.

The base would be home for two minesweepers, four frigates, and two submarines, a reflection of Russia’s inability to build larger ships. It would also have two long runways capable of handling up to six military transport jets and 15 fighters, the Russian media say. Moscow reportedly has offered 250 million US dollars in investment.
Read Also: National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption's Threat to National Security of Kenya
FACEBOOKTWITTERPINTEREST
GOOGLE +LINKEDINEMAIL

Written By
Goldberg

Good plan to me. I say we take the deal because Russia is friendly with ethiopia and UAE already. We can use that $250 million to develope Awdal , Sanaag , and Sool. We get our recognition and SL will be a neutral zone between Russia - U.S. .

Cumar

VIP
Good plan to me. I say we take the deal because Russia is friendly with ethiopia and UAE already. We can use that $250 million to develope Awdal , Sanaag , and Sool. We get our recognition and SL will be a neutral zone between Russia - U.S. .

Tbh, in my opinion Israel would be an ideal partner for Somaliland. A nuclear power, US Ally, and instant recognition from the west.

Tel Aviv - Hargeisa relations should be explored and built up by the Bihi adminstration.

This was literally a fake post originally posted on a reddit role play sub-reddit. Then a few SL websites ran with its and its basically been circulating around. Shows how desperate the situation has become. Vladimir aint interested in you.

Cumar

VIP
Can't trust the Jews sxb theyre always itching for middle East war like crackheads

The thing is, even Saudi recogrecog Israel recently. We should be the first Somali administration to welcome them to the region. The Israelis are powerful friends to have sxb, they were among one of the first countries to recognize us in 1960.

Cumar

VIP
This was literally a fake post originally posted on a reddit role play sub-reddit. Then a few SL websites ran with its and its basically been circulating around. Shows how desperate the situation has become. Vladimir aint interested in you.

Proof? I saw it on twitter.

Where are the khat chewers?
Can I get "recognized" for being right, seeing through the bullshit that even mainstream news could not?
LOL. How could so many people fall for a copy/paste from a role play forum? Are people that dumb

Cumar

VIP
Where are the khat chewers?
Can I get "recognized" for being right, seeing through the bullshit that even mainstream news could not?
LOL. How could so many people fall for a copy/paste from a role play forum? Are people that dumb

You're source is a direct quote from the Somaliland foriegn minister himself. How utterly ironic. :siilaanyolaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending