Regarding our view on Half somali kids...

Half somalis speak somali and are more culturally inclined if their

• Total voters

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
NAH THAT IS CALLED POPULATION REPLACEMENT DO UDERSTAND IT IS NOT ABOUT HALF THERE IS NO SUCK THINK AS HALF SINCE WE ALL MIXED
Horta take off caps, it is annoying. And second, Somali is an ethnic group, which means, we share a common descent. Somali is not a recent mix and is very ancient, so saying that we are mixed is irrelevant. A half is created when you take one ethnic group and cross it with another ethnic group. The result is someone that carries the unique DNA of both groups e.g. a half. It's just like in dogs, you take one breed of dog and you cross it with another and the offspring is neither.

A Native American/ Somali with a Somali dad actually has a tribe and standing in Somali culture. A

Somali/Kenyan with Kenyan dad has 0 standing and no qabil. Hadith states those who claim their mothers clan and people and customs over there father will go to hell

I am a supporter of feminism in Somali community, but not here. This makes absolutely no sense. Regardless if they speak the best Somali in the world, they can’t fully be a Somali simply because everything comes from the dad.

Qabil matters. Listen to every nikkah when the groom is introduced. 9 times out of 10 you hear his qabil before his name. We can’t pick and choose things to formulate an argument. Address a part of something you gotta address the entire thing

Qabiil is an outdated concept that I think shouldn't matter. Genetically it's 50/50 no matter what. Based on my observation half Somalis with a Somali mother tend to be more inclined to their culture and language, in my opinion, lineage doesn't even matter at that point, It's all concept that we put value in. Somalinimo doesn't come from the father and not necessarily the mother it's more of an ideology and a mindset that can be passed down from either parent

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Qabiil is an outdated concept that I think shouldn't matter. Genetically it's 50/50 no matter what. Based on my observation half Somalis with a Somali mother tend to be more inclined to their culture and language, in my opinion, lineage doesn't even matter at that point, It's all concept that we put value in. Somalinimo doesn't come from the father and not necessarily the mother it's more of an ideology and a mindset that can be passed down from either parent
I’m not disagreeing with that, what I am trying to say is in the eyes of other actual Somalis the mix with a Somali father will be held in more esteem/respect within the culture, while the one with the Somali mom won’t. No self respecting oday will give off his daughter to a man with an ajnabi father. Just facts, I don’t have an issue with either kind of mix. Qabil is an outdated concept yes, but it is still a big deal to 90% of Somalis so it isn’t outdated to them.

I’m not disagreeing with that, what I am trying to say is in the eyes of other actual Somalis the mix with a Somali father will be held in more esteem/respect within the culture, while the one with the Somali mom won’t. No self respecting oday will give off his daughter to a man with an ajnabi father. Just facts, I don’t have an issue with either kind of mix. Qabil is an outdated concept yes, but it is still a big deal to 90% of Somalis so it isn’t outdated to them.

I understand that in reality, most Somali do care about qabiil and believe in the whole "her father is Somali so she is Somali" mindset. The point of this thread was just to counter this mindset that a lot of people on this site have in regards to half Somalis.

Last edited:
It's a social construct to take after the father's name. In the country I live in you can choose to take the mothers name and or the man can choose to take his wife's name.
It is not Social construct
Btw A europian Man lineage cant be native american

The mixed Somalis I’ve met who have Somali mothers(from the homeland) speak Somali and are proud of their Somaliness. The ones who have a Somali father identify more with the dominant culture they live in and don’t have as strong of a feeling. This is what I’ve observed firsthand of course there will be exceptions.

Horta take off caps, it is annoying. And second, Somali is an ethnic group, which means, we share a common descent. Somali is not a recent mix and is very ancient, so saying that we are mixed is irrelevant. A half is created when you take one ethnic group and cross it with another ethnic group. The result is someone that carries the unique DNA of both groups e.g. a half. It's just like in dogs, you take one breed of dog and you cross it with another and the offspring is neither.
I means somalis are anciant mix tht turned into It is own ethnic down the line

culture is way of life a way of life doesnt make you somali
being somali is about lineage not a culture if my culture is example if i follow chiness culture or even my mother is chaness tht doesnt make me a chiness it is about lineage kids take their lineage just like they take afther last name

I believe that was true at one point before the Arab migrations to the Somali peninsula and the Bantu slave trade. However today Bantus,shanshis,bajuunis etc are commonly accepted as Somalis even though they don’t have Somali lineage.

Last edited:
I believe that was true at one point before the Arab migrations to the Somali peninsula and the Bantu slave trade. However today Bantus,shanshis,bajuunis etc are commonly accepted as Somalis even though they don’t have Somali lineage.
Being somali is not by accepteness this is not school Where You are accepted to study
Being somali is to be descent from common ancestor

Niggas really just be choosing when to use science and when not.
That blue haired girl identified as a man? all of a sudden niggas become biologist.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Feminists gaal cant change the realityz a half Tyrone kid will never be accepted by his mothers qabiil in Somalia and spat upon.

What wiil happen
:ayaanswag:
They aren't Somali one can see the difference in appearance alone. I've lived in the uk for so many years doesn't make me an English, Scottish, welsh or an Irish man

Socially most Somalis identity them as Somali. In fact these people fought valiantly in the 1977 war as officers and enlisted soldiers what more can you ask of them ?
If you think otherwise sxb stop eating sambuuso, mash mash, xalwad and the rest of their pastries.

Trending

Latest posts