Quitting bariis and baasto for a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambar

VIP
I am not bothered by it tho. it isn't that bad. maybe it is in your genes? some folks are lucky like that.
I am 27 so I'm still young but I make sure to eat well and pig out sometimes. I got it from my dad. He's one of those middle aged Somali men that doesn't suffer from calool kuus iyo suxul baruur. He told my mom to stop making bariis and baasto every day. Maraq is healthy too.

you can make your own. it's easy. but I'll let gambar teach you since I ain't a pro myself.

Does brown rice break down to sugar like white rice?

Brown rice is broken down into glucose a lot slower than white so it's better in that regard. Much less likely to give u diabetes as well

Here's a list with a bunch of complex carbs u can replace your simple ones with http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-complex-carbohydrates.html

I'm gonna Google how to make muqmad now :hmm:

My mom went to a xeedho with my aunt and they came back with a whole bunch of muqmad. Waan isku daldalay. :icon lol:

Cauliflower is not my cup of tea I remember my mom used to force me to eat it and would slap me when I would spit it out. :icon lol: Make sure your meals are balanced. If you are trying to lose an calool maybe load up on more fruits and vegetables and protein less simple carbohydrates. Brown rice has 7 grams of protein!

I love it when they bring back muqmad or xalwo :ahh: these are the things i live for

Gambar

VIP
I am 27 so I'm still young but I make sure to eat well and pig out sometimes. I got it from my dad. He's one of those middle aged Somali men that doesn't suffer from calool kuus iyo suxul baruur. He told my mom to stop making bariis and baasto every day. Maraq is healthy too.
both my parents are very fit. My dad is 67 and mom is 59 i think. They are all about eating healthy though my dad is a smoker, he didn't go gray until his 50s and he doesn't have bidaar. I am safe from that somali male curse. I have been very active all my life so I am a bit on the slim side but due to eating more carbs and very small amount of protein, I developed chicken legs, and xaydh yaro kuusan. it used to stick out when I tucked in, now it doesn't so I guess that's a progress.

Gambar

VIP
Shaah with caano geel right? Nah I've never had it :cosbyhmm:
No, but I guess it's a southern thing. Basically, macmacaan like xalwo, dolshe (kaag), shushumoow, caano barawe, kac kac etc. in a bag. If it wasn't for my dad I wouldn't know. Wallahi it's a treasure. :icon lol: I used to get that if it was Eid, Ramadan, or if I did well in school.

Gambar

VIP
both my parents are very fit. My dad is 67 and mom is 59 i think. They are all about eating healthy though my dad is a smoker, he didn't go gray until his 50s and he doesn't have bidaar. I am safe from that somali male curse. I have been very active all my life so I am a bit on the slim side but due to eating more carbs and very small amount of protein, I developed chicken legs, and xaydh yaro kuusan. it used to stick out when I tucked in, now it doesn't so I guess that's a progress.
Stick to a balanced diet and exercise. You'll get more fit.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
I did this for a while, quit bread too.

My meals went like this

Breakfast meals:
Vegetable omelette
Tuna omelette
Granola cereal with almond milk
Muesli with almond milk (and maybe a little coconut milk)
Fruit salad.

Lunch meals
Soups
Chicken and vegetable stirfry

Dinner
Roasted fish and roasted vegetables
Roasted chicken and roasted vegetables
Shakshuka (on its own not with canjelo or how Somalis usually make it)

Snacks.
Carrot sticks and hummus
Fruit salad
Fruits with greek yogurt and honey.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I went back to eating whatever now. I hope to one day quit the high carbs for life and not just for a couple of months.

Last edited:
No, but I guess it's a southern thing. Basically, macmacaan like xalwo, dolshe (kaag), shushumoow, caano barawe, kac kac etc. in a bag. If it wasn't for my dad I wouldn't know. Wallahi it's a treasure. :icon lol: I used to get that if it was Eid, Ramadan, or if I did well in school.

I've never had that :dwill: i wanna try it now

This is like that one time I first discovered cambulo loool

Brown rice is broken down into glucose a lot slower than white so it's better in that regard. Much less likely to give u diabetes as well

Here's a list with a bunch of complex carbs u can replace your simple ones with http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-complex-carbohydrates.html

I'm gonna Google how to make muqmad now :hmm:

I love it when they bring back muqmad or xalwo :ahh: these are the things i live for
my glucose levels are already over a 100 so I guess switching to brown rice sounds good.

befriend a reer xamar or reer barawa if you want to eat sweets.

My meals went like this

Breakfast meals:
Vegetable omelette
Tuna omelette
Fruit salad.

Lunch meals
Soups

Dinner

Snacks.
Carrot sticks and hummus
Fruit salad

Everthng looks good but what is shakshuko? I thought that was an insult, like ?:cosbyhmm:

Cut out carbs entirely. Just eat veggies and and protein. Drink only water and whole milk.

But you're going to have to eat even more than you're used to or else you'll crash.

If you feel a crash coming eat some fruit but not too much.

The weight will melt off like butter. :ahh:

PS You'll most likely lose weight everywhere first except your calool. Just keep going, the belly is always the last area to lose fat and the first to gain.

My meals went like this

Breakfast meals:
Vegetable omelette
Tuna omelette
Fruit salad.

Lunch meals
Soups

Dinner

Snacks.
Carrot sticks and hummus
Fruit salad

I went back to eating whatever now. I hope to one day quit the high carbs for life and not just for a couple of months.

Did you drink cow's milk then? Or now?

Gambar

VIP
Cut out carbs entirely. Just eat veggies and and protein. Drink only water and whole milk.

But you're going to have to eat even more than you're used to or else you'll crash.

If you feel a crash coming eat some fruit but not too much.

The weight will melt off like butter. :ahh:

PS You'll most likely lose weight everywhere first except your calool. Just keep going, the belly is always the last area to lose fat and the first to gain.
Why whole milk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending