Quitting bariis and baasto for a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambar

VIP
Just eat brown rice and make sure you are eating more protein, vegetables, and fruit than simple carbohydrates.

I've been having muqmad for the past three days since Thursday with too much saliid but I've been balancing it with lots of khudaar. I love cunto Somali but you can make it healthy.

Just eat brown rice and make sure you are eating more protein, vegetables, and fruit than simple carbohydrates.

I've been having muqmad for the past three days since Thursday with too much saliid but I've been balancing it with lots of khudaar. I love cunto Somali but you can make it healthy.
what kind of vegetables? you know if you cook your muqmad with olive oil, it's much healthier.

Gambar

VIP
what kind of vegetables? you know if you cook your muqmad with olive oil, it's much healthier.
My habaryar made it, it was left overs from a xeedho I think. She definitely didn't make it with olive oil.

I eat lots of broccoli, spinach, tomatos, sweet potato and fruits like watermelon, mango, honey dew melon.

Replace it with more complex carbs like brown rice and sweet potato. Just load up on protein and healthy fats but don't forget to hit ur carb intake

Also how are you guys making muqmad :dwill: the only time we get muqmad is when an eedo is kind enough to gift it to us or when someone has a wedding coming up and we get the funny looking gambar thingies with muqmad nd dates inside :feedme:

My habaryar made it, it was left overs from a xeedho I think. She definitely didn't make it with olive oil.

I eat lots of broccoli, spinach, tomatos, sweet potato and fruits like watermelon, mango, honey dew melon.
is that enough? I ate the same things plus couliflower, legums and lots of fruits for few weeks and I lost weight.

You have several options but I use cauliflower as a low carb rice substitute for years now, it's very easy and quick to make, drench it with coconut oil, spices and quickly boil a whole packet of frozen veggies to go with it. The whole process is under 20 minutes, I make a lot in one go and store it in the fridge,

how-to-make-cauliflower-rice-735x591.jpg

Replace it with more complex carbs like brown rice and sweet potato. Just load up on protein and healthy fats but don't forget to hit ur carb intake

Also how are you guys making muqmad :dwill: the only time we get muqmad is when an eedo is kind enough to gift it to us or when someone has a wedding coming up and we get the funny looking gambar thingies with muqmad nd dates inside :feedme:
you can make your own. it's easy. but I'll let gambar teach you since I ain't a pro myself.

Does brown rice break down to sugar like white rice?

Gambar

VIP

My mom went to a xeedho with my aunt and they came back with a whole bunch of muqmad. Waan isku daldalay. :icon lol:

is that enough? I ate the same things plus couliflower, legums and lots of fruits for few weeks and I lost weight.

Cauliflower is not my cup of tea I remember my mom used to force me to eat it and would slap me when I would spit it out. :icon lol: Make sure your meals are balanced. If you are trying to lose an calool maybe load up on more fruits and vegetables and protein less simple carbohydrates. Brown rice has 7 grams of protein!

You have several options but I use cauliflower as a rice substitute for years now, it's very easy and quick to make, drench it with coconut oil, spices and quickly boil a whole packet of frozen veggies to go with it. The whole process is under 20 minutes, I make a lot in one go and store it in the fridge,

how-to-make-cauliflower-rice-735x591.jpg
:hmm: that's interesting man. I was shopping today, and I left it out. I'll grab one tomorrow and see if I can replicate your recipe.

Getting rid of rice and pasta is extreme.

Just have 1 meal as a big bowl of lettuce with no dressing.

You won't be hungry and you'll lose weight. I believe lettuce has negative calories so you'll burn fat while feeling full.

My mom went to a xeedho with my aunt and they came back with a whole bunch of muqmad. Waan isku daldalay. :icon lol:

Cauliflower is not my cup of tea I remember my mom used to force me to eat it and would slap me when I would spit it out. :icon lol: Make sure your meals are balanced. If you are trying to lose an calool maybe load up on more fruits and vegetables and protein less simple carbohydrates. Brown rice has 7 grams of protein!
I always lose weight in my arms, and chest. my calool is very stubborn. it is better than before but it ain't going anywhere.
my goal was to stay away from bariis, baasto and wheat until ramadan since I'll bombarded with nothing but those things.

Getting rid of rice and pasta is extreme.

Just have 1 meal as a big bowl of lettuce with no dressing.

You won't be hungry and you'll lose weight. I believe lettuce has negative calories so you'll burn fat while feeling full.
my goal isnt to lose weight. lettuce alone isn't food.

Gambar

VIP
I always lose weight in my arms, and chest. my calool is very stubborn. it is better than before but it ain't going anywhere.
my goal was to stay away from bariis, baasto and wheat until ramadan since I'll bombarded with nothing but those things.
Drink lots of water it helps. You could be bloated. I'm one of those lucky people who never managed to get an calool but drinking water helped me feel less bloated.

Drink lots of water it helps. You could be bloated. I'm one of those lucky people who never managed to get an calool.
I am not bothered by it tho. it isn't that bad. maybe it is in your genes? some folks are lucky like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts