Question for VixR

Status
Not open for further replies.
@VixR I'm sorry but you sound a bit dense.

Just because you don't feel Somalinimo doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If you have no connection to your culture, you can't then turn around and speak about what it means to be connected to that culture (the definition of Somalinimo) :childplease:

Vixr must be a Character. She knows nothing about Somalis, i mean literally bupkis. She can't even speak the language and her parents according to her kept her away from other Somalis.

Yet she walks around trying to speak with authority on what is and what is not with a negative bias. I find that amusing:pachah1:

Last edited:
I'm not saying it negates their relations, but it surely defines it to the extent that their level of relation to you is based on your answer in that they'll be thrilled and relate more if the answer is in proximity to them. It's to the point that if you do cleave to each other, and there's a quarrel among a group, it can divide along tribal lines in the blink of an eye. And that if you fall in love, your potential for happiness could rely on what their clan is, and the dynamics of the family, which can be strong enough to break the union if unfavored. There being a sum of shared experiences that are exclusive to being Somali in the West are a possibility, but without any real cohesiveness, what is there to qualify them as such in the context of the diaspora where culture takes a dimmed backstage anyway? Our cohesiveness is with the clan. It doesn't have to be negative thing. It just is.
This doesn't make any sense.:mindblown: .I don't even think you know what Somali clans are.

Somali clans are interdependent on each other and nothing really divides them(except perhaps regionalism). It is a freaking confederation.

Somalis are some of the most culturally and socially cohesive group in the western world. Dafuq are you saying?:childplease:

Status
Not open for further replies.