Question for the faraaxs: how do you feel about this saying?

inshallah my wife will be housewife so she doesn't need to work and I will make alot of money and pay the bills but my money is still mine tho

iskufilann

inactive.
I don't want to be independent woman!!!!!
Tantrum Crying GIF

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Some men are not reliable and therefore we need to prepare ourselves and become independent:sass2:

When a woman you’re marrying says “your money is also my money, but my money is my money”
This statement is half true when people talk about it from the Islamic view point.

what I have noticed that has been rubbing guys the wrong way about this statement is that its getting misquoted and used as a point from deen when it's not correct. a man's money isn't the women's money rather he has the obligation islamically of providing from his money and islamically speaking that refers to providing housing and and daily sustenance. If he isn't even providing that then a women has her right to basically take from his money without his permission to get her rights as his wife.
On the other hand a lot of guys get angry because they have been westernised and want 50/50 relationships by force 💀

Islamically a woman's money is her money and a guy can not access it without her permission under any circumstances that's the difference. If a women ever wants to contribute its of her own will and its basically charity and can end whenever she feels like it.

Me personally I don't feel any type of way about this saying but then again if a woman is being obnoxious when getting to know her with this kind of rhetoric its basically a red flag like i dont even know you and it's really dumb since most guys intend to spoil there wives (well I do anyways) and being openly obnoxious just turns most people off from you despite the fact that they basically would have been like the saying for a woman.

It's kind of like a guy telling women openly that he wants multiple wives. That's just shooting yourself in the foot if you want to get even one wife 💀

Last edited:
The most common sense approach to this is having separate chequing and savings accounts and maybe a shared account for a common goal ex something large. And having a joint Walmart or Costco credit card which will be used for everyday purchases such as groceries and household items. The husband will pay off that card monthly along with any other bills. She won't have access to your chequing, savings, investment accounts, and vice versa.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
You Somalis don't deserve to be married. You know nothing about partnerships and don't fall in love like the older generation. Everything is transactional. The quality of men and women today does not compare to the over 60 years old Somali men and women. Most people here will not find someone and you deserve it.

This statement is not from Islam lol . Muslim women need to stop acting like its a hadith or something :heh:

Either way 99% of men wouldn't have any problems with taking care of the bills .

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

كَمَا دَخَلُوهُ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍۢ🕌☝🏾
VIP
It's her xaq fasho but i don't wanna hear dat shit coming out of her mouth gahhhdamn i find it disrespectful and immature, if yo chick singing about dat shit to yo face,best believe she ain't da raali submissive type she dat go girl yassssssssssssssssssssss niggas ain't shit type of chick

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
I will explain to you why men hate being told this alongside things like “men should pay the bill on a date”.

Men have no problem with doing those things. Under normal circumstances, if a man does those things without being explicitly told to, it will feel like they’ve done a good deed. They extract some intrinsic value from doing those things. However when a woman demands it, any good intrinsic feeling from doing such deeds has been ripped away from the man. It feels more like a chore.

Have you ever washed the dishes without being asked? Then all of a sudden your hooyo yells at you to wash them. Now you don’t feel like doing it anymore. It’s the exact same thing.

Yaraye

VIP
I know of a lady who said "my money is mine and your money is mine" after the wedding and the guy divorced her a few months later for that reason. She went back to the dating scene and some guy found out why she divorced and he inquired if she changed her opinion (but he wasn't interested in her) and she did in fact change her viewpoint. Wallahi true story.

:russ:
she's easily changed her mind :stopit: Does she not know that they are other fishes in the sea that don't mind "my money is mine and your money is mine"? :pacspit:

Yaraye

VIP
It's her xaq fasho but i don't wanna hear dat shit coming out of her mouth gahhhdamn i find it disrespectful and immature, if yo chick singing about dat shit to yo face,best believe she ain't da raali submissive type she dat go girl yassssssssssssssssssssss niggas are shit type of chick
I do agree that women shouldn't say that out loud. It drives the man away. Its always better to keep it in your heart and operate your marriage with that motto in mind :gaasdrink:

You Somalis don't deserve to be married. You know nothing about partnerships and don't fall in love like the older generation. Everything is transactional. The quality of men and women today does not compare to the over 60 years old Somali men and women. Most people here will not find someone and you deserve it.
This is why u should look for a muslim cadaan. I have been with my swedish cadaan girl 3 years now and I made her convert alhamdulliah but it was not that hard since she was atheist.
And wallahi she likes me so much and she always listen to me and respect me. She has a really feminine vibe

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

كَمَا دَخَلُوهُ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍۢ🕌☝🏾
VIP
I do agree that women shouldn't say that out loud. It drives the man away. Its always better to keep it in your heart and operate your marriage with that motto in mind :gaasdrink:
🤣Gahhhhhdamn u got me in the first half.Acudubillahi

Trending