Qatar delegation arrives in Hobyo, Galmudug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suhaib true the Qataris, Saudis and Emiratis do not build anything as they do not possess the know how and have many expats in their country who do major projects in their own countries.

They have money though and the Chinese will build it and they pay for it.

La Xawla

Long Live the Somali Republic
I meant that Bosaaso already gets almost all the traffic coming from from Eastern DDSI and SSC. Places like Wardheer which is very far from Berbera and closer to Bosaaso export at Bosaaso.

My point is Bosaaso already gets this traffic so a hypothetical Hobyo port would be fighting for scraps. There is only so much livestock that can be exported. I wasn't really talking about Berbera as the traffic handled at Berbera is order of magnitudes higher than Bosaaso.
That’s true but Hobyo can service
Port isn't just about catering foreign clients such as those in DDS, but its about being independent from other neighbouring ports, if hobyo is build all of the deegans in Galmudug and Hiirshabelle will use it, thus cutting the Bosasso port, and also the one thing not mentioned is importing weapons and other neccasry things a state needs through Hobyo port.

Hobyo port trully is a game changer regardless garacaad is build, politically puntland is at loss here especialy the Cali salebaans in bosaso, i sense a future revolt in Bosaso.
Why would the Cali Saleebaans revolt?

La Xawla

Long Live the Somali Republic
You guys would be better off investing your money into a "dry port" along the border with Ethiopia. Far less capital and you'd see quicker returns by just taxing imported dry goods from Ethiopia for local consumption.
That sounds like an amazing idea :lawd: Wallahi Cumar keep it up

Status
Not open for further replies.