Qatar delegation arrives in Hobyo, Galmudug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
Cumar that is what I said. Some of the Somalis sometimes chose Berbera like in Ethiopia or other regions because they did not like Bosaso.

Bosaso has better access due to the road coming from south.

The animal trade for example as Saudi Arabia allowed Somali livestock again Berbera had animals coming from vast regions not only Somaliland livestock.

I also don't think Hobyo will even be built. Bosaaso has first mover advantage in that neighbourhood. They will probably block it from even happening.

Same way I doubt SL gets another port in Zaylac like has been rumoured by some for the last while.

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
Wallahi don’t trust these long nosed sand . As soon as they heard oil they came to ”build” Somalia. Hooyada was!!

I also don't think Hobyo will even be built. Bosaaso has first mover advantage in that neighbourhood. They will probably block it from even happening.

Same way I doubt SL gets another port in Zaylac like has been rumoured by some for the last while.

What do you mean? we're not Daarood or the same people as them, we need our own port

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
Port isn't just about catering foreign clients such as those in DDS, but its about being independent from other neighbouring ports, if hobyo is build all of the deegans in Galmudug and Hiirshabelle will use it, thus cutting the Bosasso port, and also the one thing not mentioned is importing weapons and other neccasry things a state needs through Hobyo port.

Hobyo port trully is a game changer regardless garacaad is build, politically puntland is at loss here especialy the Cali salebaans in bosaso, i sense a future revolt in Bosaso.

You guys would be better off investing your money into a "dry port" along the border with Ethiopia. Far less capital and you'd see quicker returns by just taxing imported dry goods from Ethiopia for local consumption.

XaajiXumbo

Always Venture, Always Win
You guys would be better off investing your money into a "dry port" along the border with Ethiopia. Far less capital and you'd see quicker returns by just taxing imported dry goods from Ethiopia for local consumption.

:bell:Will dry port import us Heavy Weapons???

Cumar a war is possible using Al Shabaab.

At the end it comes down to tariffs, security and what kind of connection one has and infrastructure.

Most animals come from DDSI where both Bosaso and Berbera could lose out on.

Berbera has the Ethiopia bulk that comes through it to compensate for that loss and even if it is minimal impacted it will feel that impact.

Puntland might counter attack by building and looking for a second port in Garacad.

Bosaso has advantage for traffic coming from Dubai as it is closest Berbera for livestock to Saudi maybe Egypt.

Animal livestock is huge though seasonal as during Hajj it is when it most flourish.

However one is sure it will be a game changer what impact it will have will be decided by security, tariffs imposed, infrastructure and how welcoming the people there are.

both, i think chinese but qatar will invest too
ngl that star resedential district looks good hope they stick with it
27336263_1541872865881648_1481789324932280954_n.jpg

XaajiXumbo

Always Venture, Always Win
No, but is that the primary reason you want a port? Somalia will not be at war forever. You talk like it will be.

Our financial interest was always down south, the Hobyo port is mainly for 3 reasons for us, to be independent from other neighbouring ports, to cripple puntland, and to import like i said anything we need (like weapons) instead of going through inter-mediator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending