VIP
Berbera is ahead of Bosaaso? :ohhh:

b1-jpg.24737
bo1-jpg.24739

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
@Suhaib @Farm Equipment

Hobyo will be competing with Bosaaso which already dominates on trade from DDSI and Eastern Sool and Sanaag. It has a long head start. Will be interesting to see what happens there.

clan.png

ENU9t1V.png

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
How does Bosaso dominate when Berbera is closer? Is it because of the tax margin differences?

I meant that Bosaaso already gets almost all the traffic coming from from Eastern DDSI and SSC. Places like Wardheer which is very far from Berbera and closer to Bosaaso export at Bosaaso.

My point is Bosaaso already gets this traffic so a hypothetical Hobyo port would be fighting for scraps. There is only so much livestock that can be exported. I wasn't really talking about Berbera as the traffic handled at Berbera is order of magnitudes higher than Bosaaso.

Instead of praise for the development of Somali lands or simply just scrolling by, niggas get absolutely butthurt and shit all over the thread

Cumar that is what I said. Some of the Somalis sometimes chose Berbera like in Ethiopia or other regions because they did not like Bosaso.

Bosaso has better access due to the road coming from south.

The animal trade for example as Saudi Arabia allowed Somali livestock again Berbera had animals coming from vast regions not only Somaliland livestock.

XaajiXumbo

Always Venture, Always Win
I meant that Bosaaso already gets almost all the traffic coming from from Eastern DDSI and SSC. Places like Wardheer which is very far from Berbera and closer to Bosaaso export at Bosaaso.

My point is Bosaaso already gets this traffic so a hypothetical Hobyo port would be fighting for scraps. There is only so much livestock that can be exported. I wasn't really talking about Berbera as the traffic handled at Berbera is order of magnitudes higher than Bosaaso.

Port isn't just about catering foreign clients such as those in DDS, but its about being independent from other neighbouring ports, if hobyo is build all of the deegans in Galmudug and Hiirshabelle will use it, thus cutting the Bosasso port, and also the one thing not mentioned is importing weapons and other neccasry things a state needs through Hobyo port.

Hobyo port trully is a game changer regardless garacaad is build, politically puntland is at loss here especialy the Cali salebaans in bosaso, i sense a future revolt in Bosaso.

Last edited:

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

#Puntlandfirst
VIP
Stop derailing pls, this isn't a fkd thread
Everyone knows that it will be a game changer once the port is build, Galmudug will truly have established itself as an functioning state that can guard its territorial rights and satisfy the disenfranchised citizens of northern Mudug.

Whole of Mudug is what our Galmudug constitution states, hopefully with the port we will see the realisation of that goal.

A state can only succeed if it has a continuous source of cash-flow, and that is the ports.

How can you say that while u gave a thumbs up to this?

:ftw9nwa:

Status
Not open for further replies.