27CA56BE-413D-4564-BA90-F40D45081290.jpeg
    942.9 KB · Views: 235
  • 02677C85-A7B6-4041-BA50-CBF450254EFA.jpeg
    02677C85-A7B6-4041-BA50-CBF450254EFA.jpeg
    728.2 KB · Views: 221

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Yes I will accept this criticism. The kings have neglected Qardho. I always admit that, I am the first to say QARDHO future is to be a pit stop between bosaso and garowe where people come and have lunch and then leave. I mean just look at carmo oo shali dhismay halku marayo.

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
Yes I will accept this criticism. The kings have neglected Qardho. I always admit that, I am the first to say QARDHO future is to be a pit stop between bosaso and garowe where people come and have lunch and then leave.
Damn you’re supposed to be triggered

Please disregard my little digs. Nothing but respect for Beesha Cismaan Maxamuud

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Saalax Bidaar I mean look at this. It's Carmo, you know what Carmo was like when Abdillahi yusuf went there? it was a frickin tuulo. This place is going to develop further and further, while qardho an already established town is falling behind. The people of Qardho failed Qardho.

11:58 mark

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I swear Carmo was no different to towns like isku shuban, it's now a major center of Puntland. The only difference between Carmo and Qardho is the clans who reside there. One is an active clan working to develop it, where-as Qardho is inactive. They share the same strip of road, so infrastructure isn't the issue. Plus Qardho had a head-start and should be leaps and bounds ahead of up-coming cities.

Notice in SL, all their cities were PRE-ESTABLISHED, they haven't created a town from scratch like Puntlanders do. You will see in PL something that you won't in other regions of Somalia. Villages turning into Cities.

Qardho may host the king now but back in the day, Alula, Bargaal and Iskushubaan had that role. Other interesting buildings can be found in other towns as well.
4fddaf7608cd8535a82c03776b90a4a4.jpg
tumblr_me9eod9aSb1qill6po4_1280.jpg
tumblr_me9eod9aSb1qill6po1_540.jpg
tumblr_me9eod9aSb1qill6po5_1280.jpg
tumblr_mdt4akXvEz1qill6po1_1280.jpg
484d632ea571b3851275e060702628a330a674ff.jpg
tumblr_mdpdm68omw1qill6po3_1280.jpg
QandalaCastleTown.jpg
5178373790_496d9e8456.jpg
iskushuban.jpg
tumblr_nkvfudTgHa1qill6po2_1280.jpg

and more but cant be bothered to post.

Edit: a lot of these were bombarded with other towns as well sadly.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Qardho may host the king now but back in the day, Alula, Bargaal and Iskushubaan had that role. Other interesting buildings can be found in other towns as well.
4fddaf7608cd8535a82c03776b90a4a4.jpg
tumblr_me9eod9aSb1qill6po4_1280.jpg
tumblr_me9eod9aSb1qill6po1_540.jpg
tumblr_me9eod9aSb1qill6po5_1280.jpg
tumblr_mdt4akXvEz1qill6po1_1280.jpg
484d632ea571b3851275e060702628a330a674ff.jpg
tumblr_mdpdm68omw1qill6po3_1280.jpg
QandalaCastleTown.jpg
5178373790_496d9e8456.jpg
iskushuban.jpg
tumblr_nkvfudTgHa1qill6po2_1280.jpg

and more but cant be bothered to post.

Qardho is in no way comparable to any city in the south, don't get me wrong. But it could be doing a lot better. It is an established city, there is no way or excuse carmo that was a village just in 2004 is now developing at that rate. There are towns even like waciye(dashishe country) and even SAAXO which I was shocked to find out here that are pacing along.

Qardho needs to lift it's game. It's by far still a major center but I am worried we lose that if the rate of development doesn't speed up, we could become the next 'elbuur' a district that once was and is no more today.

More people probably moved to Qardho and Bosaso after the roads were built hence why most live in Garowe, Bosaso and Galkacyo. If most MJs didnt live in Mogadishu they could have looked better.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
We need a plan for Qardho and the role it will play in Puntland. So far being a pit stop for garowe and bosaso or 'meel loo hagarbaxo' from Bosaso hot season is all it's got now. I am suprised how Qardho people do not even hold a conference about the plans for it's city. I am not from Qardho, but it's my clan territory and I will be judged on it in garowe.

My traditional territory is garowe and nugaal

We need a plan for Qardho and the role it will play in Puntland. So far being a pit stop for garowe and bosaso or 'meel loo hagarbaxo' from Bosaso hot season is the sort of vision that is sustainable. I am suprised how Qardho people do not even hold a conference about the plans for it's city. I am not from Qardho, but it's my clan territory and I will be judged on it in garowe.

My traditional territory is garowe and nugaal
How about we build roads to coastal towns like eyl, baargaal and alula? I would love to live there

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
How about we build roads to coastal towns like eyl, baargaal and alula? I would love to live there

Burtinle and Qardho are both not punching above it's weight. They are major towns niyahow and established cities, there is no excuse for how far they have fallen back. May Carmo be shown to them to get their acts together and move along or else mark my words burtinle/qardho will no longer exist as new towns replace them.

It appears Burtinle also is serving as pit-stop between galkayo and garowe. I heard some thing about bacadwayne and other smaller villages in mudug becoming much larger and could replace burtinle.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@GBTarmy I do sometimes wonder what Puntland would look like if we didn't move to Mogadishu and built our own regions from the 60s. But it's amazing how it's transformed in relatively short period of time Puntland. No other region can do this have you noticed? picking up their towns and villages and turning it into cities and towns. They are all just living off majerten work from the 60s till 91 in mogadishu. No joke.

All the wealth in hamar was looted from majerten and they built telecoms with it. Even that xaaf was a moryan niyahow who looted majerten, he is a nice guy tho but he is a moryan never the less.

@GBTarmy I do sometimes wonder what Puntland would look like if we didn't move to Mogadishu and built our own regions from the 60s. But it's amazing how it's transformed in relatively short period of time Puntland. No other region can do this have you noticed? picking up their towns and villages and turning it into cities and towns. They are all just living off majerten work from the 60s till 91 in mogadishu. No joke.

All the wealth in hamar was looted from majerten and they built telecoms with it. Even that xaaf was a moryan niyahow who looted majerten, he is a nice guy tho but he is a moryan never the less.
We should never have left our region, curse the italians for favouring them.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
We should never have left our region, curse the italians for favouring them.

See the picture of the naked child. That's how they were, similar to what Elbuur is now. Dad iska qaawan bay ahayeen, ma haysan hab mamul, isimo, saldanad, waxay iska ahayeen dadkasi daaqayo. Pure aborigines I am telling you that is non-abgal hawiyes. They even know this, have you ever seen their isimo chain? there is none niyahow, waxan manta bay samaysteen oo anaga naga barteen bar abgaal.

See the picture of the naked child. That's how they were, similar to what Elbuur is now. Dad iska qaawan bay ahayeen, ma haysan hab mamul, isimo, saldanad, waxay iska ahayeen dadkasi daaqayo. Pure aborigines I am telling you that is non-abgal hawiyes. They even know this, have you ever seen their isimo chain? there is none niyahow, waxan manta bay samaysteen oo anaga naga barteen bar abgaal.
Lool I think he was just taking a swim but yeah there was just huts before we arrived kkkk, hobyo was better 100 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.