Post your voices

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Unless I put on an accent that's what I sound like 95% of the time

Hold on can you describe the way I speak because I genuinely don't know, apparently I sound depressed according to various folks:browtf:

Stop being modest! You just need to sound slightly more excited.
FYI foreign accents are the best. :ohhhdamn: NA sounds kind of typical around here.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Stop being modest! You just need to sound slightly more excited.
FYI foreign accents are the best. :ohhhdamn: NA sounds kind of typical around here.
When I get excited my voice only gets louder so it still sounds more or less the same, if foreign accents here truly are the best then I'm gonna be dropping people's pants with my "Oi Bruv"'s:wow:

It's a matter of perspective I guess, NA accent sounds nice to me while various UK one's sound normal. Only accent I've fallen in love with is that valley stuff.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
When I get excited my voice only gets louder so it still sounds more or less the same, if foreign accents here truly are the best then I'm gonna be dropping people's pants with my "Oi Bruv"'s:wow:

It's a matter of perspective I guess, NA accent sounds nice to me while various UK one's sound normal. Only accent I've fallen in love with is that valley stuff.

I thought you were intentionally trying to obscure your voice as the recording sounded a bit muffled.

That it is, we're in North America so most accents of people that grew up here since childhood sound generic (with the exception of regional dialects that stand out).

What is it about the Valley Girl accent that you like?

Yukon_Niner

VIP
I thought you were intentionally trying to obscure your voice as the recording sounded a bit muffled.

That it is, we're in North America so most accents of people that grew up here since childhood sound generic (with the exception of regional dialects that stand out).

What is it about the Valley Girl accent that you like?

Oh yeah it's slightly muffled but I'm pretty sure you can make out what I actually sound like.

No idea why NA accents sound nice to me even though they are kind of generic, I think it might be because of Hollywood. As for the valley girl accent, it sounds so sweet for some reason waa macaan wallahi:lawd: I think it embodies what I think is feminine because of all those movies I use to watch, I didn't even think those accents were real when I was a kid.

Who knew American media had such an influence on my life

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Oh yeah it's slightly muffled but I'm pretty sure you can make out what I actually sound like.

No idea why NA accents sound nice to me even though they are kind of generic, I think it might be because of Hollywood. As for the valley girl accent, it sounds so sweet for some reason waa macaan wallahi:lawd: I think it embodies what I think is feminine because of all those movies I use to watch, I didn't even think those accents were real when I was a kid.

Who knew American media had such an influence on my life

You were brainwashed by American media. :mindblown: The Valley girl accent is so exaggerated and has a vocal fry particularly among the upper middle classes.

Yukon_Niner

VIP
@Saredo @Ghengis Kaarhis @Helios @Abdisamad3 @Gambar rate my French guys and I swear this doesn't contain any insults towards French people or the tooty frooty language :wow1:

You were brainwashed by American media. :mindblown: The Valley girl accent is so exaggerated and has a vocal fry particularly among the upper middle classes.
I think it might just be the novelty, I've only heard it a few times. I'm guessing if I was around it for about a week I'd probably find it annoying real quick.

I think it's equivalent to what Americans think about the British upper class accent, it's not very glamorous at all.

@Saredo @Ghengis Kaarhis @Helios @Abdisamad3 @Gambar rate my French guys and I swear this doesn't contain any insults towards French people or the tooty frooty language :wow1:

I think it might just be the novelty, I've only heard it a few times. I'm guessing if I was around it for about a week I'd probably find it annoying real quick.

I think it's equivalent to what Americans think about the British upper class accent, it's not very glamorous at all.

what did you say ?:icon lol:
« J’aime Djibouti A la France ? » . That’s what I heard.